Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

Basically a poacher, amazing at getting on the end of crosses but unfortunately the other facet's of his game are probably even below average. To get the best out of him we'd have to play to his strengths and he's not worth accommodating when our best player is already our talisman. 

If we could get anything close to £20m for him it actually wouldn't have been such a horrific signing.

• Like 1

I like Slimani. I think if we had a systrm that suited him he'd have done well. His injury record now is concerning though.

Why did we spend £30m on a player who we weren't planning on playing?

• Like 1

He's a good player, but this was always a signing we didn't need to make. If he was signed to be a partner for Vardy, then he failed in that role. I think he is good enough to be the number 9 for a decent premier league club, but he's no Vardy.

In that window we wanted to sign Troy Deeney, but he signed a new contract. We signed Slimani instead hoping his physicality would work with Vardy, but he's not a player that links play; he's an out and out front man.

He did alright for us, and he always put in a shift. I hope he gets a move that works out for him.

Sadly not meant to be, needed to hit the ground running but was not fully fit when we signed him. Sure with the right service he could do a job but cannot see him getting the opportunity or wanting to stay as a squad player with us. Time to move on and hopefully we can recoup a chunk of the outlay. We dine at a different table now and costs have gone up. Part of the past it is now time to move on, 3 years ago we were desperate to keep the irreplaceable Cambiasso our player of the season. Cannot remember who on here was shouting out for a little unknown French guy nobody wanted. Cambiasso would have helped us but we wouldn't have achieved what we did with him in the side, does not make him a bad player. He was the right player at the right time like Ulloa,  

22 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I like Slimani. I think if we had a systrm that suited him he'd have done well. His injury record now is concerning though.

Why did we spend £30m on a player who we weren't planning on playing?

Yes, his injury record is a concern. He's shown enough ability that if it hadn't been for his injury issues we'd probably receive decent bids for him.

I suspect that his injury record means that the owners will now have to accept a major loss on resale.

Natural finisher, decent positioning, very powerful attacking headers....somebody could get a bargain if they can keep him fit.

As for why we bought him....maybe we thought Vardy couldn't maintain the same level, or maybe we thought the two could play together....

and I actually thought they worked OK as a striking partnership. The problem was that it upset the balance of the team and left us light in midfield, too easily over-run or closed down.

I hope he gets a good move. Not his fault that it hasn't worked out here.

He isn't the worst player we've ever had but he's unfortunately the symbol of where we've gone wrong since winning the league. £30mil for a forward who hasn't ever really held down a consistent place in the side and is now 30. Shocking business.

I don't entirely blame Slimani himself but it'll be best for all if he goes.

To get £20m for him would be an achievement. He's never settled here and his family never did anyway. It didn't help that he didn't always produce the goods on the field but its better to sell this summer and cut our losses. 

He just doesn't fit in with the way we play and it's better that he goes to free up space for someone else who will benefit the team more accordingly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Just like Dragovic, Puel has also killed Slimani's Leicester career.

A lot of fans seem to be forgetting how good he was at times last season, our best player in Pre Season, was our best player throughout our League Cup run and in his last league game against Huddersfield, he came out like a man possessed for the second half and absolutely destroyed them, a performance that deserved to see him carry on as a Leicester City player.

The disrespect towards him in this thread is fvcking embarrassing.

You're not being serious surely? Your'e going overboard about his performances in pre-season and against a load of Championship sides. Come on that's absurd.

A lot of fans seem to be forgetting how good he was at times last season, our best player in Pre Season, was our best player throughout our League Cup run and in his last league game against Huddersfield, he came out like a man possessed for the second half and absolutely destroyed them, a performance that deserved to see him carry on as a Leicester City player.

I am one of the hardcore Slim defenders and rate him much, much higher than most of people here. But it just won't work here, he's too good to be on the bench and we never played to his strenghts. We'll never do it until Vardy leaves and any striker will have a hard time at the club.

Oh and your dig at the manager is totally unjustified, unless you're from that "Puel Out Brigade" on a witch hunt. Puel didn't sign him and no manager before could solve the problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Slimani out - Pléa in . 

Pléa will probably go to Dortmund with Favre.
A shame because he could have been a decent and "cheap" replacement if Vardy leaves.

2 hours ago, WestLothianFox said:

Didnt Dragovic say that he may sign for us if Puel left. Thats 2 players saying they want to leave if Puel stays

Could it be down to the fact that Puel has told them they won't be guaranteed paying time under him, something neither have had since he took over. Obvious really why they would stay if he left, clean slate. 

The disrespect shown to a lot of our players on here,especially the title winners, is embarrassing but are you surprised?

By the way agree on Slimani, nowhere near as bad as he is made out although would add his injuries  one after the other are a concern.In a team that suits him he would be a real asset.People also forget he has scored some vital goals.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

For every 45 minutes V Huddersfield there were 5/6 poor performances.

Is he good enough to play for us? Yes, but we cant give him what he wants so he will leave.

That is a bit of an exaggeration but I get you. Also isn't it like that with most players? Vardy had embarrassing games, Mahrez who is the best player in the club had terrible games too, but I agree with most, he doesn't fit Leicester and was to expensive to sit on the bench. For is a definite sell.

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Could it be down to the fact that Puel has told them they won't be guaranteed paying time under him, something neither have had since he took over. Obvious really why they would stay if he left, clean slate. 

I’m thinking along the same lines,  to me Puel strikes me as a person that won’t take any shit and has his own mind . We all could see we had certain players that needed shipping out and by the looks of it so did Puel shipping out King Musa Slimani all out on loan so I would suspect they have already been told they are surplus to requirements . It’s not really something new either with players not being played wanting to leave . 

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Isn't suited for us at all. More of a poacher, he literally does nothing apart from score so he needs to be fed clear chances every game. He would probably be better in a better side.

Wrong. Just watch his games for Newcastle and for Sporting, dude is mobile, doesn't have much technique but he is mobile and plays good with back to goal.

29 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I am one of the hardcore Slim defenders and rate him much, much higher than most of people here. But it just won't work here, he's too good to be on the bench and we never played to his strenghts. We'll never do it until Vardy leaves and any striker will have a hard time at the club.

Oh and your dig at the manager is totally unjustified, unless you're from that "Puel Out Brigade" on a witch hunt. Puel didn't sign him and no manager before could solve the problem.

Can you tell me why you are such a " hardcore " fan of Slimani ?  I mean he's been a flop compared to what we paid for him. What do you see in him most of us can't ?  Plus I think any dig at such a useless manager as Puel is more than justified.

Edited by Bunyip

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Can you tell me why you are such a " hardcore " fan Slimani ?  I mean he's been a flop compared to what we paid for him. What do you see in him most of can't ?  Plus I think any dig at such a useless manager as Puel is more than justified.

Spot on! useless Striker Useless manager.

Clear them out and lets move on

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’m thinking along the same lines,  to me Puel strikes me as a person that won’t take any shit and has his own mind . We all could see we had certain players that needed shipping out and by the looks of it so did Puel shipping out King Musa Slimani all out on loan so I would suspect they have already been told they are surplus to requirements . It’s not really something new either with players not being played wanting to leave . 

Exactly, people seem to spin the statement to use it as a stick to beat Puel with. I'm not a firm supporter of Puel, have been on the fence. 

But it's clear he gets things done, has told fringe players in no uncertain terms that their role is limited and they can find clubs if they aren't happy with that.

We can't offer what Slimani wants so it's best he leaves, was loaned to to put in the shop window but hasn't worked. 

• Like 2