Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

I sympathize with this lad here - touches a nerve:

Ultimate Team is all EA Sports care about these days, all other game modes just don't make them any money.

Interesting thought of separating Ultimate Team (as an online feature) from the physical copy of the game.

Don't know why people bother with this game anyway. The sooner regulations heighten on in-game slot machine loot boxes the better. 

People seem to think EA's sports series are above criticism for some reason because their sports games. Truthfully, the practices are no different to those that were in Battlefront 2 at launch and it's killing the industry. 

Developers are no longer making great games. Because they know the casual gamer will lap it up. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

Divisions and dkt (daily knockout tournament) gone

now fut rivals. So now you can only do fut rivals and fut champions

basically you get better players and with no divisions it just give you higher ranking opponents or squads to face, so u dont feel any better

lucrative for ea
shit and boring for gamers 

Edited by HankMarvin

EA has basically done the same thing with their other games. They buy exclusive rights for their sports games to weed out the competition, so that they no longer need to worry about making improvements to the actual game. Then they monetize the game with the FUT, Madden Ultimate Team, etc. A small population of the gaming community spends hundreds or even thousands on these game modes. It's 100% pure profit for EA, at very little cost.

Let's say they want to completely overhaul the graphics system and the franchise mode. They would have to invest millions in new technology and the cost of developer's time to make it work. How many more people would really buy the game? People who want to play as their favorite premier league team are already stuck buying the game, so why make the investment?

On 21/08/2018 at 21:50, HankMarvin said:

Divisions and dkt (daily knockout tournament) gone

now fut rivals. So now you can only do fut rivals and fut champions

basically you get better players and with no divisions it just give you higher ranking opponents or squads to face, so u dont feel any better

lucrative for ea
shit and boring for gamers 

Didn't realise they've got rid of the divisions on FUT too. That's a bit shitty

I picked up PES. I enjoyed the demo. Apparently they've nerfed the crossing, which is good since there was way too many goals scored that way in the last couple versions. One thing I like and I'm probably alone in, is playing from the end camera(or vertical I think they call it). You can't even use that camera in Fifa because the framerate drops by about 50%.

Looking forward to playing it this weekend.

Some of the new Icons look unreal. 

If you were a Man United fan you could have an amazing team with some of the Players coming out. 

De Gea/Van der sar/Schmeichrl

Valencia Ferdinand Bailly Shaw

Scholes Pogba Keane

Best Lukaku Giggs

Veron is in game too. Wow.

Edited by Ashley

On 21/08/2018 at 19:07, MC Prussian said:

I sympathize with this lad here - touches a nerve:

Ultimate Team is all EA Sports care about these days, all other game modes just don't make them any money.

Interesting thought of separating Ultimate Team (as an online feature) from the physical copy of the game.

he's a bit annoying but he's spot on about FIFA 07, what a game that was

On 22/08/2018 at 13:36, Detroit Blues said:

EA has basically done the same thing with their other games. They buy exclusive rights for their sports games to weed out the competition, so that they no longer need to worry about making improvements to the actual game. Then they monetize the game with the FUT, Madden Ultimate Team, etc. A small population of the gaming community spends hundreds or even thousands on these game modes. It's 100% pure profit for EA, at very little cost.

Let's say they want to completely overhaul the graphics system and the franchise mode. They would have to invest millions in new technology and the cost of developer's time to make it work. How many more people would really buy the game? People who want to play as their favorite premier league team are already stuck buying the game, so why make the investment?

Brand loyalty and then some. I'm guilty as charged, don't even play FUT lol.