Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

On 21/08/2018 at 21:12, brucey said:

Sounds like something Madders would do tbh, let's hope he's a bit more mature now 2 years later. 

Well he was still doing it early last season, didn't hear anything in 2018.

And I think I know why, and the person who scared him into sorting it out. 

Somebody 'serious' in Norwich witnessed him talking down to a group of young lads in a bar and made him apologise to them all individually, buy them all a drink, tip the bar staff handsomely and then leave, gave him a good reason why he should comply... and he did just that, and I doubt he ever went back to that bar. 

I know that happened 100%, and I hadn't heard of any 'new' stories of these Maddison incidents in Norwich after that. Imagine if he had that attitude in Liverpool or Glasgow, he would end up as another Calum Davenport. 

Edited by YorkshireYellow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 19/08/2018 at 16:32, StriderHiryu said:

A problem we will have this season is how to get him into the game. He barely touched the ball in the first 30 minutes versus Wolves but once he got on the ball he made things happen. That is the case for any team in the world who plays with a 10 and it’s quite a nice problem to have. The key will be passing and understanding between the midfield two and him. I thought he was building a good relationship with Silva but he was dropped (which was vindicated). Hopefully whoever is in the team can click with him. 

I think it’s important to note that this side has not had much time at all to play with one another. The more time and training games we play the better we’ll look. If Madders and Ricardo look this good already we could be flying by the time we get to Christmas. 

Quite right....the team and the potential fringe squad,have to mesh, and have intensive training,to get to know each other's moves.

Chills-Gray-Madisson-Nacho,look like they are already growing together.If they hit it off,then we will see early the demise of our older

ethos and style,plus Jamie Vardy will get better service,more importantly (my legend,my hero ,my number no1),we wont fall down,

and panic,if he loses his guaranteed place....These 3 games could set up our season,and show which direction Puels style will lead us.

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Quite right....the team and the potential fringe squad,have to mesh, and have intensive training,to get to know each other's moves.

Chills-Gray-Madisson-Nacho,look like they are already growing together.If they hit it off,then we will see early the demise of our older

ethos and style,plus Jamie Vardy will get better service,more importantly (my legend,my hero ,my number no1),we wont fall down,

and panic,if he loses his guaranteed place....These 3 games could set up our season,and show which direction Puels style will lead us.

Good post.

I completely agree. You can’t have a player with Maddison’s ability and not get the ball to him.

It’ll come. I’ve had us to not lose against Southampton.

8 hours ago, silebyboy said:

How many of us did things in our late teens/early 20’s that we’re now embarrassed about? I bloody well know I did. 

People really shouldn’t judge young lads who have fame, fortune and the world at their feet by the time they’re 21 just because of a silly mistake or two. 

Unless they're black or have a haircut which we don't understand, then it's fair game. 

Obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Scores his first Premier League goal one weekend and a non-story discrediting him surfaces the next. Typical British media.

hes honestly worse than sterling.. apparently Maddison has a machine gun and gangland signs tattoos all over his body as well. 

Edited by les-tah

I think it is also important to assess his overall character in the round cognisant of the typical 'too much too young' label that gets attached to all young footballers.

I would imagine he'll grow out of the things that have been alleged as he gains more maturity and with sound advice off the field.

In addition he is already known from his Norwich days as being one of the more socially aware players. Heavily involved with the club's community programmes, giving a lot of time to the fans re autographs / kit etc and even continuing to support youth charities back in Coventry.  There is no reason not to think that this isn't something that is an inherent part of his character.

It's all to easy to buy into the one dimensional sensationalised media headlines as representing the totality of an individual's character and thereby lambasting that individual on this basis alone without actual facts to support such a view.

• Like 3

Apparently Federer was an arrogant jerk growing up, now look at him. Nicest guy ever! 

Maddison will mature and hopefully learn that a good attitude on and off the pitch e.g. Lampard as opposed to Balotteli, can do wonders for a career! 

It must be difficult in some ways being a top footballer when you’re young. 

Everywhere you go, there will be smart-arses egging you on, having a pop etc, probably borne out of envy at the car you have, the clothes you are in and the missis on your arm.

Couple that with having had a lager or two and it must be well difficult not to retaliate in some way I’d imagine.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Scores his first Premier League goal one weekend and a non-story discrediting him surfaces the next. Typical British media.

Hardly. It was a report of an ongoing court case in which he was mentioned. Newspapers have to report the evidence as it was heard in court otherwise they'd be in serious legal trouble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Name a talented flair player that doesn't have dash of cockyness/arrogance? Genuine question?

Would you class Kante as a flair player or just bloody good at what he does? I honestly dont know the answer, as im not 100% on what defines a flair player. If it was the former, then he is super human humble. 

40 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Would you class Kante as a flair player or just bloody good at what he does? I honestly dont know the answer, as im not 100% on what defines a flair player. If it was the former, then he is super human humble. 

Kante isn’t  human silly , it’s quite obvious he’s an alien and that how he splits himself in to two and sometimes three on the pitch so he appears everywhere . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I guess Kante being a devout Muslim may have a big bearing on his humble behaviour plus no alcohol fuelled idiocy Suzie ?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, silebyboy said:

How many of us did things in our late teens/early 20’s that we’re now embarrassed about? I bloody well know I did. 

People really shouldn’t judge young lads who have fame, fortune and the world at their feet by the time they’re 21 just because of a silly mistake or two. 

Thsts all nice but people only trot those lines out to players they like. Doubt people would be this forgiving if Maddison was a shit player that the club couldn't get rid of.

It's the same with Gascoigne and Collymore. They are both wife beaters but the former gets so much love and respect whilst the later constantly gets slated for it. 

• Like 1

I don't care what he does to be honest. If he wants to act a certain way then sooner or later he will meet someone who brings him back to his senses. 

As long as he's playing well, I don't care. Just don't damage the reputation of the club. 

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

Thsts all nice but people only trot those lines out to players they like. Doubt people would be this forgiving if Maddison was a shit player that the club couldn't get rid of.

It's the same with Gascoigne and Collymore. They are both wife beaters but the former gets so much love and respect whilst the later constantly gets slated for it. 

My stance would be the same if he was a good or bad player.

I’m defending a young lad who allegedly acted like a knob head in a nightclub somewhere, something that most of us have been guilty of at one time or another. 

Not sure why you’ve brought wife abuse into it but that’s something that I certainly wouldn’t defend, and I’m sure that nobody with an ounce of sense would either. 

5 hours ago, les-tah said:

Name a talented flair player that doesn't have dash of cockyness/arrogance? Genuine question?

That's a fair point. In fact, lots of untalented players have also acted like cocky/arrogant knobs too. It's not exclusive to the talented.

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Hardly. It was a report of an ongoing court case in which he was mentioned. Newspapers have to report the evidence as it was heard in court otherwise they'd be in serious legal trouble.

I usually agree with more or less all your posts Voll but do a quick Google search and try to find any media reports of the court case published more than 4 days ago....not very many. My point is that this is the papers didn't give two shits about this a week ago but now Maddison has scored and impressed in the Prem, suddenly this becomes headline news. I get that he shouldn't have done it (it's hardly crime of the century and it's his mate standing trial FFS) but do you not agree that it's a sad state of affairs when the media response to something positive is not to promote his footballing ability but instead to find something to smear him with? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Eh? It relates to a Crown Court trial which started on Monday. Those things are arranged months in advance, not on a whim at the demands of the press. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I usually agree with more or less all your posts Voll but do a quick Google search and try to find any media reports of the court case published more than 4 days ago....not very many. My point is that this is the papers didn't give two shits about this a week ago but now Maddison has scored and impressed in the Prem, suddenly this becomes headline news. I get that he shouldn't have done it (it's hardly crime of the century and it's his mate standing trial FFS) but do you not agree that it's a sad state of affairs when the media response to something positive is not to promote his footballing ability but instead to find something to smear him with? 

You aren't allowed to prejudice a case which is going to jury trial, journalists have gone to jail for that.... plus why assume they would they know that the trial was going to happen until the court reporters actually saw it happening? 

• Like 1