Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

1 hour ago, YorkshireYellow said:

Eh? It relates to a Crown Court trial which started on Monday. Those things are arranged months in advance, not on a whim at the demands of the press. 

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Hardly. It was a report of an ongoing court case in which he was mentioned. Newspapers have to report the evidence as it was heard in court otherwise they'd be in serious legal trouble.

Apologies lads. I misread the story and thought the trial ended in Oct 17. My bad. Really should read things properly before going on a rant lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All this talk of him being a bit of a Jebend is most likely completely wrong. From what I gather he went well out of his way in Norwich to support local people, local charities and gave up plenty of his free time. 

Far too many people/media outlets etc see all 21 year old males as Jebend purely on the basis that they like a drink/night out and hanging out with their mates. Unless anything has radically changed since my day, I'm pretty sure that's what 21 year olds do. I'm also pretty sure that as a 21 year old most of us on here would have been involved in some form of fracas on a night out whether protecting a friend or otherwise. That's life. 

He's entitled to banter about his money as well. Pretty sure id take the opportunity to wind a few people up if I was earning that much wad. 

Think people need to get over themselves a little bit, fecking snowflake generation and beyond. Jealousy and bitterness never helped anyway. It's hardly a #MeToo situation. Let the kid have a laugh and play decent football for fecks sake. 

• Like 3

He rates himself, he's possibly a bit cocky and no doubt if he's had a beer and is wound up by pissed up lads he might boast about who he is. It's nothing a lot of 20-25 year olds do. It's quite clear he seems a decent lad though and he's mustard so not overly bothered anyway. 

For the most part in this country, in fact throughout Britain, people don't like what they see as cockiness. We tend to be reserved when it comes to extolling our own virtues . Who's to say which is the right way? 

I'm not a big fan of the 'look how much I earn' stuff but, as echoed throughout this thread, we've all said silly shit at that age. I still do at my age and I have a lot of years on Maddison. For me, some of the other things I've read about him more than balance out the odd silly remark when he's had a few. Of course, the essential thing for him is, if he is cocky, you only get taken seriously if you can back it up. That's got to be good for us I'd have thought

• Like 2

Impressed with what I've seen so far, but still lots of improvements to be had. 

For his first 3 Premier League games you have to say we have a player on our hands here. 

Now we need to find out how to utilise him effectively. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, shade said:

i’m convinced him and chilwell are a power couple sent to drag football in to the 21st century! ?️‍?

Benalouane is is fuming because he was in a relationship with Chilwell until Maddison arrived.

Edited by les-tah

42 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Sky Sports Centre hinting he may get call up for the England squad...

Its way too early to consider this, he hasnt even proved himself a PL player yet. but its looking good!

On 25/08/2018 at 09:50, ARTY_FOX said:

A friend of mine coached along side him and said he’s about the nicest bloke you could meet. 

Another bs friend of mine comment. The last guy who said this sort of made up story thought he saw Hugo Lloris in the french alps having a drunken punchup..