Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

Maddison is quality but needs to improve his stamina, guy near us was joking he would have to come off soon has he was not a 90 minutes man and a couple of minutes later Madders went down with cramp?

I just found it kind of amusing at the time, when he took the free kick, my mate said, jokingly, lets see what we paid the money for and he was duly obliged :giggle:.

Just have to hope we can hold onto him as he improves.

Maddison does seem to get fouled a lot by opposition players, doesn't seem to bother him, like the way he just gets up and gets on with it. More free kicks and goal opportunities for him.

Edited by KJT
  • Like 1

The most impressive thing is the positions he takes up and he win fouls, goes down very easy if we’re being honest. Not really seen him create too much from open play yet but he is a threat from set prices. Although I think keeper should have saved it yesterday. 

I think people have exaggerated his performances so far a little bit but it’s great to have someone like him in the team. Not sure about the showboating at the end but it’s nice to have a bit of flair. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJT said:

Maddison does seem to get fouled a lot by opposition players, doesn't seem to bother him, like the way he just gets up and gets on with it. More free kicks and goal opportunities for him.

I read yesterday that he’s the most fouled player in the Prem so far this season. 

2 hours ago, KJT said:

3 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

I read yesterday that he’s the most fouled player in the Prem so far this season. 

He will soon be attracting a lot of attention from the opposition - those petty little trips and checks will become more forecful in an attempt to knock him off his game - let’s see how he deals with that at this level - no doubt he had it last season in the championship but I think he has had a fairly easy ride thus far with us. 

You see!!!  Listen to Nigel..

When I suggested  Vardy...Nacho...Maddison..  Since the beginning of the season!

re-foxtalk..clever posters   It would be apparently unbalanced set up,not a possible selection intellectual idea....

IMO...we should build our season around this front 3 set up. This enables..Ghezz,Gray,Albrighton,to start (1 of them),then super sub.

Gray looked again very good,when he came on..could be his best position,winning or losing....home or away!!  30-40 minutes full

Pull in the 2nd half...

I always said we shouldn't be static in our formation,and movement. Puel is finding out not only,his direction and Plan A tactics,but also

There is/are plan B and C . available....

These 6 games have been far better than some will have said. There's movement,again defence looks better at corners,even in the

Attacking corners.We are now a serious threat. (Still some things to do)  at set pieces. Crosses are slowly improving...

Defence...Amartey ,if he finds yesterday's consistency,then defence quality goes up a notch,plus he's good when moving forward..

Evans-Maguire...Wes-Maguire...Soyuncu-Maguire...let the next few games decide,how/who with we finish the season.

I am still happy to go with Puels flow on defence selections....We still need to find that back 6 grouping and selection,and it was/is not an

easy Foregone descision,no matter what individual posters might believe or opinionate!!!I

For next week against Newcastle,some posters will be " demanding".  this n that!!  They will be an hard opponent at home,though

Struggling,they are still a decent side!!!...So let's not go Rubbishing them,they will comeback hard within the season,unless their

Players implode and lose all confidence!!

14 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

From now on we have to have him, Vardy and Iheanacho on the pitch. 

This. We looked far more dangerous with all three of them on the pitch together. Maddison looks a real talent and we all know Vardy's qualities. I genuinely believe Iheanacho has the potential to be a top PL striker and we saw flashes of that in the tail end of last season and pre-season. He'd started to link well with Vardy already and did so with Maddison yesterday.

Having a second striker on the pitch, even if Nacho played deeper than Vardy rather than alongside him, left Vardy a lot less isolated than he has been in previous fixtures using 4-2-3-1. Maddison offers a real flair and the ability to do the unexpected which compliments the two strikers well. 

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Love Maddison but that kind of thing doesn't impress me.  He could've just laid it off with one touch instead of taking two

The guys around me said the same. It is showboating for sure, but what I would say is that the best number 10's throughout football history have been flair players capable of the sublime. Whilst not every player should do this kind of thing, I have no problem at all with a number 10 or our forward wingers doing it who sometimes I hope pull off their tricks and magic to make a breakthrough. It's one of the reasons why watching Riyad Mahrez on his day  play for us was an absolute joy.

Last season we were massively lacking in the creativity department but now we have a genuine number 10 who has started the season very well and is incredibly an English player! We should enjoy him whilst we can because he's a really talented player who is already one of our main men. 3 goals in 6 appearances and makes things happen.

I do appreciate though that this is borderline arrogant but I think one of the reasons why Maddison has started so well is because not only is he good, but he knows it. And we need him to be good this season to do well. Totally respect your opinion on this one though :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The guys around me said the same. It is showboating for sure, but what I would say is that the best number 10's throughout football history have been flair players capable of the sublime. Whilst not every player should do this kind of thing, I have no problem at all with a number 10 or our forward wingers doing it who sometimes I hope pull off their tricks and magic to make a breakthrough. It's one of the reasons why watching Riyad Mahrez on his day  play for us was an absolute joy.

Last season we were massively lacking in the creativity department but now we have a genuine number 10 who has started the season very well and is incredibly an English player! We should enjoy him whilst we can because he's a really talented player who is already one of our main men. 3 goals in 6 appearances and makes things happen.

I do appreciate though that this is borderline arrogant but I think one of the reasons why Maddison has started so well is because not only is he good, but he knows it. And we need him to be good this season to do well. Totally respect your opinion on this one though :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong, I love to see a trick.  That well worn reel of Mahrez sitting down three Villa players at the same time still makes me smile even though I've seen it a hundred times. 

I don't mind arrogance either and I agree with you, Madders is a confident lad and good for him, he's good and he knows it as you say.

The thing about showboating for the sake of it though, is that it rarely gives you an advantage, it usually only comes out when you are winning handsomely and in those cases it winds up the opposition and will most often result in a flying boot.  If you are winning well, you need to know how to be a good winner as your turn will come.

That said, the above is just a general point about showboating.  The Madders clip is not really that kind of disrespectful showboating, it is just a bit pointless. 

17 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

From now on we have to have him, Vardy and Iheanacho on the pitch. 

I think if we add Pereira or maybe Gray to that front 3, we have a front 4 that has a lot of potential to **** up teams. Because unlike when we were totally dependant on Mahrez and he would have 4 people on him because everyone else was shit, these 4 can all cause equal amounts of trouble. Especially if they swap around.

• Like 1