Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Can someone explain to me why Puel took him off in both the United and Liverpool games when he was our best player and most likely to score or assist?.. 

Any logic? 

One of the guys I sit near said he gestured to the bench, so probably just tired out because it was very warm in the stadium.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Can someone explain to me why Puel took him off in both the United and Liverpool games when he was our best player and most likely to score or assist?.. 

Any logic? 

He was knackered ..... Personally i thought it was obvious in both games and Puel was spot on, can't understand the criticism he gets for pulling off a knackered player and putting on fresh legs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Fitness wise he struggles.

That said, a half fit maddison is worth having in the team with ten to go.

I'd agree with that purely on the basis it keeps Albrighton off set pieces. Fitness will come in time though I'm sure.

Absolute quality on the ball yesterday - great passing, skill, touch and vision. Him and Vardy will see some goals, no doubt.

His area which requires immediate attention for me is his marking from opposition corners. He continually in the last couple of games has lost or fouled his man. Something I'm sure he can improve on.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Absolute quality on the ball yesterday - great passing, skill, touch and vision. Him and Vardy will see some goals, no doubt.

His area which requires immediate attention for me is his marking from opposition corners. He continually in the last couple of games has lost or fouled his man. Something I'm sure he can improve on.

He did say in the interview after the game that he'd been asked to do this and it was new to him and he knew he could do it better with practice

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

He did say in the interview after the game that he'd been asked to do this and it was new to him and he knew he could do it better with practice

Ah I haven't seen that... got a link?

Oh wait - got the game recorded!

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Or keep him away..from that area,put him on the Post ala DD  before him

• Like 1

He still wants too much time on the ball. Could’ve and probably should've scored yesterday and also had a great chance to knock a decent ball off that could’ve lead to a dangerous chance.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

He still wants too much time on the ball. Could’ve and probably should've scored yesterday and also had a great chance to knock a decent ball off that could’ve lead to a dangerous chance.

His shooting for me has been a bit disappointing, Everything else rather promising but needs to be involved in play  earlier.

12 hours ago, Bert said:

He not use to playing at this level, better defenders, he should have scored at least one of the two chance he had, however the first one he did brilliantly and it was a great block by Gomez. Second one he was just late getting there, I confident he get near double figures if he keep getting in those positions.

I have to agree with the chance to lay the ball off he was just too late, I think that will come.

If he can develop we have got a great player on our hands!

Seem to have impressed Redknapp:-

James Maddison's display for Leicester against Liverpool drew praise from Jamie Redknapp

James Maddison's display against Liverpool was so assured it looked like the Leicester midfielder had been playing in the Premier League for years, according to Jamie Redknapp.

Despite the 2-1 loss at the King Power on Saturday, the 21-year-old midfielder - who only joined the club from Norwich for an initial £22m in June - still produced a standout performance in the 'hole' against the league leaders.

"He ran the game today in a midfield full of international players and I was surprised he [Claude Puel] took him off with 10 minutes to go as I would have kept him on," said the Sky Sports pundit.

"I thought he was fantastic, 21 years old, fourth game in the Premier League and he looks like he has been here for years.

"I was so impressed and was looking forward to watching him today. He is so comfortable on the ball, plays little one-twos, always looking to pass forward.

“And also the first to press, wins a lot of balls back high up the pitch and I just thought his imagination and passing in the midfield area, which was so congested, was just brilliant, it really was.

I thought he was fantastic, 21 years old, fourth game in the Premier League and he looks like he has been here for years

"He was so clever and unlucky not to get his goal, but it was a fantastic tackle by Joe Gomez, the little reverse ball."

Maddison was included in the England U21 squad in midweek, but Redknapp thinks he is just the type of player the seniors are currently lacking.

"One of the problems we [England] had in the World Cup was we had enough players who could control the ball and pass it," said the former England international and Liverpool midfielder.

"And at times we struggled in that area where you think about Luka Modric, who can receive the ball off the line and take it in a No 10 role, which is so hard to do.

"We do not have many players who can do that in this country and hopefully there are now many more kids like this coming through.

"Players that are young and comfortable on the ball like Phil Foden and Jadon Sanchez, young English talents who can play and just pass the ball and run with it, just clever passes.

"That is what we need and I was so impressed with him today."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11487973/james-maddison-ran-the-game-for-leicester-against-liverpool-says-jamie-redknapp

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bert said:

I agree with this. Obviously it’s early days and he does need time to adapt but I’m concerned with his relationship with Vardy. Like t or not Vardy is the main man, he bags the goals he’s the guy who we most depend on now Mahrez has gone. At this time, I don’t think Maddison is particularly getting this and seems to be doing far too much when the simple is needed.

Personally, I’d drop Madders when Vards is back, the partnership of Okazaki and Vardy is what will score goals. It’s all of Shinji’s work off the ball that creates the space and time for Vardy is going once Madders sees how this works and how it have proved successful for us he can come back in. I just feel we need to do what works, and Vardy and Okazaki works. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I agree with this. Obviously it’s early days and he does need time to adapt but I’m concerned with his relationship with Vardy. Like t or not Vardy is the main man, he bags the goals he’s the guy who we most depend on now Mahrez has gone. At this time, I don’t think Maddison is particularly getting this and seems to be doing far too much when the simple is needed.

Personally, I’d drop Madders when Vards is back, the partnership of Okazaki and Vardy is what will score goals. It’s all of Shinji’s work off the ball that creates the space and time for Vardy is going once Madders sees how this works and how it have proved successful for us he can come back in. I just feel we need to do what works, and Vardy and Okazaki works. 

Ya know this isn't 2015/16 anymore? We can't solely rely on Shinji and Vardy running like crazy all game and hitting on the counter. Maddison adds creativity, he's comfortable on the ball and is a real force for us.

What relationship with Vardy are you on about? They've played competitive football together for 60 minutes, understanding takes games and time on the pitch to work out, which will come over the next few weeks. 

Pull your head out of the sand, you ostrich. :nigel:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

When he was subbed we basically lost that creativity, shame we could have got drinkwater on loan until Maddison is fully up to premiership stamina levels, just to try and keep the momentum going in those sort of games that we could have got a result from.

How long would it take to get Drinkwater  back up to premiership stamina levels????

52 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Not sure how anyone can argue with this based on the last three games.

Consider yourself my go-to poster when the subject of 'not getting things' and being simple are brought up. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

He not use to playing at this level, better defenders, he should have scored at least one of the two chance he had, however the first one he did brilliantly and it was a great block by Gomez. Second one he was just late getting there, I confident he get near double figures if he keep getting in those positions.

I have to agree with the chance to lay the ball off he was just too late, I think that will come.

If he can develop we have got a great player on our hands!

Don’t get me wrong I’m not slating him it’s more constructive than anything. It will come for him, he’s just got to used to it and I’m sure in time that’ll come. 

• Like 1