Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

I commented on his tendency to release the ball late when we signed him. He got away with this in the championship but got a lot of heavy challenges as a result. In the Prem he is going to have to learn on the job to be just a little quicker in moving the ball on. The fact he looks very much at home at this level at his age and after just four starts is pretty amazing and he will no doubt in my mind get better very quickly. With regards to Puel pulling him off early in games I think he is doing a good job of protecting him at this early stage in his Prem career. He’s a bit lightweight at this level right now and after about 65 minutes you can see him begin to struggle. Puel deserves credit in my mind for not pushing him too hard at this point. It’s a long grinding season and we do not want him injured as he is already very important to how we play. 

• Like 1

He tends to get caught in possession a lot due to keeping the ball a tad too long. In the NFL they always talk about the hardest transition for rookie players is that the game moves too fast for them. As they get experienced it slows down mentally. I think that is Maddison's biggest problem at the moment but that will come in time.  You can see he is quality.

1 hour ago, mikey54 said:

All credit to the club for this and other new contracts signed sealed and delivered over the past month

Maddison - 5 years

Pereira - 5 years

Schmeichel - 5 years

Vardy - 4 years

Ndidi - 6 years

Ghezzal - 4 years

Soyuncu - 5 years

Benkovic - 5 years

Has Maguire signed one as well yet, or is that still in the works? Can't remember.

Can add Barnes (4 years) to that list as well as one for the future. I've probably missed a couple, and others will be earning themselves new contracts if they maintain current performances (Chilwell, Mendy)

Fantastic summer business, really. Even better if we're still sticking to the policy of not allowing any release clauses.

Plenty of youth with lots of potential, and a few experienced heads, all tied down for the forseeable future. Exciting times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Maddison - 5 years

Pereira - 5 years

Schmeichel - 5 years

Vardy - 4 years

Ndidi - 6 years

Ghezzal - 4 years

Soyuncu - 5 years

Benkovic - 5 years

Has Maguire signed one as well yet, or is that still in the works? Can't remember.

Can add Barnes (4 years) to that list as well as one for the future. I've probably missed a couple, and others will be earning themselves new contracts if they maintain current performances (Chilwell, Mendy)

Fantastic summer business, really. Even better if we're still sticking to the policy of not allowing any release clauses.

Plenty of youth with lots of potential, and a few experienced heads, all tied down for the forseeable future. Exciting times.

Darnell Johnson - 3 years?

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:08, Xen said:

Maddison - 5 years

Pereira - 5 years

Schmeichel - 5 years

Vardy - 4 years

Ndidi - 6 years

Ghezzal - 4 years

Soyuncu - 5 years

Benkovic - 5 years

Better not get relegated then...…. brown stuff hitting the fan springs to mind.

On 03/09/2018 at 15:08, Xen said:

Maddison - 5 years

Pereira - 5 years

Schmeichel - 5 years

Vardy - 4 years

Ndidi - 6 years

Ghezzal - 4 years

Soyuncu - 5 years

Benkovic - 5 years

Other then the youth we've got our crown jewels on lock down:

Morgan 15 year deal

Amartey Lifetime deal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The more you lot get on Amartey's back the more I want him to play regardless of tactics or good sense lol

Thats like a really bad nightmare, FT thinking positively on Amartey.... I will quit my FT life right now if that was so

• Haha 1

On 24/08/2018 at 12:50, Col city fan said:

It must be difficult in some ways being a top footballer when you’re young. 

Everywhere you go, there will be smart-arses egging you on, having a pop etc, probably borne out of envy at the car you have, the clothes you are in and the missis on your arm.

Couple that with having had a lager or two and it must be well difficult not to retaliate in some way I’d imagine.

Way to sensible a post for foxes talk. 

Where did you copy and paste that from Col? 

• Like 3

On 04/09/2018 at 18:52, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Better not get relegated then...…. brown stuff hitting the fan springs to mind.

I wouldn’t think so. If we did get relegated (I very much doubt it!) we could sell most of the players on that list to Prem clubs imo.

None of them are duffers that we’d be lumbered with I don’t think.

• 2 weeks later...

Man of the match for me today.  High quality on the set pieces, links play very well and draws so many fouls. That touch with his instep to bring the ball down near the end was magnificent even if it was unnecessary!

A big money young English signing that’s working out! Great news for England, great news for Leicester :scarf: