Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Because he'd already named the shit from that era? Prodigy and Blur are streets ahead of Oasis.

Definitley maybe is an outstanding album doc come on. Although Blurs music has aged much better imo.

how anyone can not acknowledge the prodigy despite a few iffy Lp’s I don’t know.

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Definitley maybe is an outstanding album doc come on. Although Blurs music has aged much better imo.

how anyone can not acknowledge the prodigy despite a few iffy Lp’s I don’t know.

Definitely Maybe is good, the rest isn't great and Wonderwall can go die in a fire. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Definitely Maybe is good, the rest isn't great and Wonderwall can go die in a fire. 

Tried not to do this but I can't help it...

Oasis were great.  Blew away the fetid cobwebs of the Stock, Aitken, Waterman  water torture of the day. 

They may have been knobs and people called them derivative (as if each and every song is not an original work) but those anthems were magnificent!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

Tried not to do this but I can't help it...

Oasis were great.  Blew away the fetid cobwebs of the Stock, Aitken, Waterman  water torture of the day. 

They may have been knobs and people called them derivative (as if each and every song is not an original work) but those anthems were magnificent!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Prodigy and Oasis both did about two really good albums and some other so so albums, and I was never a huge fan of Blur but they had about three or four good albums and Albarn has been prolific in a number of genres, not to mention Gorillaz, which deserves respect. Maddison probably sees all those artists in the same way I see the Who and the Kinks... good but oooold :nono:.

• Like 1

I always thought the fuss about Oasis vs Blur was silly as I thought Pulp were better than both without even trying.  I never quite got the fuss with Oasis, never thought they were totally sh1t but can't see the appeal.  They are a bit too "blokey" for me, same as Kasabian.  Kind of average music with faux attitude, I find them both a bit boring and, dare I say it, a bit too white/frat boyish.  I LOVED the Britpop stuff, I was just the right age and saw bands like Shed 7, Pulp, Blur, Super Furry Animals live quite a few times but I must admit that when I look back it really is all quite bland.  Not many of them stand up to me as all time great bands.  Most of it is just a bit whiney.  I still love it in a nostalgic way but there was a lot of shite about.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I always thought the fuss about Oasis vs Blur was silly as I thought Pulp were better than both without even trying.  I never quite got the fuss with Oasis, never thought they were totally sh1t but can't see the appeal.  They are a bit too "blokey" for me, same as Kasabian.  Kind of average music with faux attitude, I find them both a bit boring and, dare I say it, a bit too white/frat boyish.  I LOVED the Britpop stuff, I was just the right age and saw bands like Shed 7, Pulp, Blur, Super Furry Animals live quite a few times but I must admit that when I look back it really is all quite bland.  Not many of them stand up to me as all time great bands.  Most of it is just a bit whiney.  I still love it in a nostalgic way but there was a lot of shite about.  X

Maybe it's cus I'm mid forties and no longer have my finger on the pulse, man, but what is there today?  

We had Oasis, Blur, Pulp, The Charlatans, Radiohead, Stone Roses, Nirvana, The Verve, The Prodigy, Suede, Massive Attack, Portishead, Spiritualized, St. Etienne, The Strokes,  Manic Street Preachers and loads of lesser bands hanging on their coat tails like Dodgy, Supergrass, Cast and OCS.  it was a golden era.  'Specially for a frustrated bedroom guitar legend like myself.

Beats Taylor Swift.

I'm not sure any are all time greats, but we haven't really had an all time great band since The Smiths I'd say.

This thread's gonna get locked.  :(

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1