Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Maybe it's cus I'm mid forties and no longer have my finger on the pulse, man, but what is there today?  

We had Oasis, Blur, Pulp, The Charlatans, Radiohead, Stone Roses, Nirvana, The Verve, The Prodigy, Suede, Massive Attack, Portishead, Spiritualized, St. Etienne, The Strokes,  Manic Street Preachers and loads of lesser bands hanging on their coat tails like Dodgy, Supergrass, Cast and OCS.  it was a golden era.  'Specially for a frustrated bedroom guitar legend like myself.

Beats Taylor Swift.

I'm not sure any are all time greats, but we haven't really had an all time great band since The Smiths I'd say.

This thread's gonna get locked.  :(

I'm almost 40 and feel the same, I've lost touch. Young Farthers are very very good and I like St Vincent but other than that I have no idea. Don't get me wrong I loved all that stuff and my post, as always, was slightly tongue in cheek. The Strokes (although later) were truly phenomenal and I think arcade fire were amazing. Loved St Etienne by the way, great voice. I just never want to be THAT GUY - still in his Fred perry and with a Gallagher hairstyle in my 50s talking about the good old days. Music should move on, modern music is not for us, we are irrelevant but sure there must be lots of good stuff out there. Personally I don't like oasis but music is subjective and personal which is what makes it great. I pretty much listen to an endless loop of velvet underground, dexys, Scott walker and Roy Orbison so I'm waaaaay out of touch. Quite like perfume genius and he is pretty new. That is about as down with the kids as I get.

Anyway........ Maddison gonna be a star. X 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I'm almost 40 and feel the same, I've lost touch. Young Farthers are very very good and I like St Vincent but other than that I have no idea. Don't get me wrong I loved all that stuff and my post, as always, was slightly tongue in cheek. The Strokes (although later) were truly phenomenal and I think arcade fire were amazing. Loved St Etienne by the way, great voice. I just never want to be THAT GUY - still in his Fred perry and with a Gallagher hairstyle in my 50s talking about the good old days. Music should move on, modern music is not for us, we are irrelevant but sure there must be lots of good stuff out there. Personally I don't like oasis but music is subjective and personal which is what makes it great. I pretty much listen to an endless loop of velvet underground, dexys, Scott walker and Roy Orbison so I'm waaaaay out of touch. Quite like perfume genius and he is pretty new. That is about as down with the kids as I get.

Anyway........ Maddison gonna be a star. X 

Yeah, Sarah Cracknell - great voice!  Second only to that mad, leotard-ed, serpentine, legend Kate Bush.  

Love your 'loop' bands, but could live without The big 'O' and never wanted to be down with kids anyway.  The kids are idiots.

But James Maddison... cracking player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, Sarah Cracknell - great voice!  Second only to that mad, leotard-ed, serpentine, legend Kate Bush.  

Love your 'loop' bands, but could live without The big 'O' and never wanted to be down with kids anyway.  The kids are idiots.

But James Maddison... cracking player.

Haha, I like "voices" which is why I love a bit of Roy I think, same with Gene Pitney.  Yeah I saw St Etienne, amazing.  I think the kids are probably glad we think they are idiots.  Even if they are really.  Fvcking idiots.

But my God, Maddison looks a real gem.

• Haha 1

Seems to be a lot of expectation on the lad here. I hope he lives up to it and delivers the goods.

I wonder what the reaction will be on here if he has a couple of dodgy games? Early signs look good but I’m not sure he’s the saviour some are making him out to be.

He comes across as mentally quite strong so just hope he can handle the pressure of the PL.

Fingers crossed :fc:

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Seems to be a lot of expectation on the lad here. I hope he lives up to it and delivers the goods.

I wonder what the reaction will be on here if he has a couple of dodgy games? Early signs look good but I’m not sure he’s the saviour some are making him out to be.

He comes across as mentally quite strong so just hope he can handle the pressure of the PL.

Fingers crossed :fc:

You're right, he looks a prodigy and looked like an oasis of quality on Friday night.  He played with verve and with a speed of thought that was just a blur.  He's gonna make our attack massive!

See.  I can stay on topic.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

You're right, he looks a prodigy and looked like an oasis of quality on Friday night.  He played with verve and with a speed of thought that was just a blur.  He's gonna make our attack massive!

See.  I can stay on topic.

If he fulfills his potential I’m sure we’ll all be in a state of nirvana.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

7 hours ago, murphy said:

Maybe it's cus I'm mid forties and no longer have my finger on the pulse, man, but what is there today?  

We had Oasis, Blur, Pulp, The Charlatans, Radiohead, Stone Roses, Nirvana, The Verve, The Prodigy, Suede, Massive Attack, Portishead, Spiritualized, St. Etienne, The Strokes,  Manic Street Preachers and loads of lesser bands hanging on their coat tails like Dodgy, Supergrass, Cast and OCS.  it was a golden era.  'Specially for a frustrated bedroom guitar legend like myself.

Beats Taylor Swift.

I'm not sure any are all time greats, but we haven't really had an all time great band since The Smiths I'd say.

This thread's gonna get locked.  :(

I'll raise you with   Rene & Renato, St Winifreds Choir & Clive Dunn, Mr Blobby, Rolf Harris, Goddle & Waddle, The Firm -Star Trekkin, Joe Dolce and many more 80s greats :P

Ps maybe some dates wrong but feels like they were 80s ?

Edited by Bluetintedspecs

Integral part of the team already at 21 and two games in. I felt he struggled quite badly to get into the game but whenever he got on the ball he greatly affected the game and looked like the most dangerous player on the pitch. 

Teams are going to wise up to this so we need to think about how we can get him the ball more often without him having to drop deep. His threat though does provide space for both fullbacks and wingers to do damage. 

Delighted he scored because with Mahrez gone we need others to step up with end product. 

This is a very talented player and a great signing. Nice one Scouting team, manager and DoF.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

He’s on a different level to most of the players, there were numerous times today when he was in so much space and screaming for the ball but didn’t get it. With more games he’s going to be epic, talksport today were bigging him up for the England squad next month 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Doctor said:

What was the don't look back in anger chant for him?

Looks quality, does maybe go down a bit easy though

The first one.

On 20/06/2018 at 15:43, Voll Blau said:

James Maddison came
From Norwich to play
In the old Blue and White
Cov sigh away
Coz Maddison's at Leicester
He's here to stay

Maddison was at Cov Whooooooa
Told the cvnts to fvck off Whooooooa
Then he thought of his future
And now he's Leicester and proud

A problem we will have this season is how to get him into the game. He barely touched the ball in the first 30 minutes versus Wolves but once he got on the ball he made things happen. That is the case for any team in the world who plays with a 10 and it’s quite a nice problem to have. The key will be passing and understanding between the midfield two and him. I thought he was building a good relationship with Silva but he was dropped (which was vindicated). Hopefully whoever is in the team can click with him. 

I think it’s important to note that this side has not had much time at all to play with one another. The more time and training games we play the better we’ll look. If Madders and Ricardo look this good already we could be flying by the time we get to Christmas. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Maddison for me is capable of being up there with the very best creative players, his positioning and quick thinking is similar to De Bruyne and I’m not going OTT. He is a true genius 

And Coventry, Aberdeen and Norwich fans have all been saying the same.... ridiculous that Grealish was rated at £40m in the summer when he's second rate compared with Maddison..... wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Maddison ends up being the next British player at Real Madrid. 

He's the player that England needs, and I think people will be calling him world class within a two years.... just one of those players who is one move ahead of every other player on the pitch and with a bit of magic, belongs in 2000's with the Henry's and the Bergkamp's when the magic was much more abundant in football. 

.... watching him last season gave me a little slither of faith that the beautiful game isn't completely ****ed, which is how I'd been feeling for quite a few years. I suppose Jamie Vardy is one of the few others who give me hope, and Leicester actually managing to win the ****ing league. 

Just remember who first polished the gem, perhaps you'll give him an extra coat :P

Edited by YorkshireYellow
  • Like 2