Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Tbh I think the bolded bit is a Vardy issue, not a Maddison issue. He’s set up plenty of Vardy chances, they’ve just not been finished. Add to that Vardy has been injured/suspended/not fully fit for about half the season so far.

I think Ricardo and Maddison have been about equally creative. Chilwell slightly less so.

I think it's a bit of both, to be honest. I can see Vardy's shortfalls too, of course.

We have a fair amount of issues right now, this man isn’t one of them. He’s young, he’s going to improve, lay off him. 

I think people always jump on players who are active on social media and show themselves having a good time. He’s probably great to have around the training ground.

Lingard gets the same thing at United, Ali at spurs. They are allowed to have personalities and shouldn’t be scrutinized for having a laugh. I’m not sure where this impression of arrogance with him has come from, I actually think he seems level headed.

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

He is a cracking player no doubt - I need him perhaps to calm down with the on field simulation for free kicks and penalties though if he’s going to win me over as a footballer. What he does off the pitch as long as he’s not hurting himself the club or anybody else, I don’t really care.

• 2 weeks later...

If he was even 10% of the player he thought he was he’d be incredible.

He’s average. Andy King puts in a performance like that (not his first bad one over the past 6 months) and he gets absolutely hounded. 

Gets away with it because he scored a free kick against Huddersfield. Bin. 

• Like 1

If he focuses on bulking up, gaining upper body strength and working on his game, he’d be phenomenal for us.

Instead, he’s more interested in how many likes he can get on Instagram and being ‘one of the lads’ 

Needs to take a leaf out of Chilwell’s book rather than, based on current showings, Demari Gray’s...

8 minutes ago, ThurnbyLodgeFox said:

If he focuses on bulking up, gaining upper body strength and working on his game, he’d be phenomenal for us.

Instead, he’s more interested in how many likes he can get on Instagram and being ‘one of the lads’ 

Needs to take a leaf out of Chilwell’s book rather than, based on current showings, Demari Gray’s...

Demarai Gray actually did something good today, was involved in the build up that led to our goal. Did more than Chilwell did around the box with half the pitch time.

• Haha 1

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Demarai Gray actually did something good today, was involved in the build up that led to our goal. Did more than Chilwell did around the box with half the pitch time.

Agreed but on the basis of a whole season, Chilwell has established himself as England 1st choice left back whereas Gray is still the same player we signed in 2016 just with extra miles on the clock

• Like 1

Just now, ThurnbyLodgeFox said:

Agreed but on the basis of a whole season, Chilwell has established himself as England 1st choice left back whereas Gray is still the same player we signed in 2016 just with extra miles on the clock

Chilwell has been good so i dont really want to slag him off, but he's not judged under the same criteria as Gray.

Chilwell can bomb up and down the wing all day long, provide no goals or assists, put in crap crosses and generally create nothing but gets praised to high heaven, and he gets 90 mins every week

Gray is expected to create and score goals, its a much harder task. People keep saying he hasnt developed but i dont agree with that. Today he was one of the best players on the pitch and he often looks the liveliest.

We sort out our transitions through midfield and I think Gray will start to flourish

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 30/12/2018 at 09:16, shilton_fox said:

Cost us the game with his arrogance of taking every set piece. Talented player but not as good as he thinks he is and must work harder. 2 atrocious penalties Man City and today 

He needs to let Barnes or Albrington take some of the set pieces.

48 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

If he was even 10% of the player he thought he was he’d be incredible.

He’s average. Andy King puts in a performance like that (not his first bad one over the past 6 months) and he gets absolutely hounded. 

Gets away with it because he scored a free kick against Huddersfield. Bin. 

Agree.

I still don’t know why King is sidelined so much. He is not as bad as many makes him out to be. He goes forward and links up well with Vardy.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If you compare against Chilwell, then yes. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Some right bitter old men in this thread

These bloody modern footballers with their selfies and tattoos. Back in my day they'd come off the pitch with concussions, go home and sink ten pints like real men

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, eblair said:

he's so greedy, when he plays it looks like he doesnt give a monkeys about team winning only his personal stats and reviews

he takes ages to pass the ball on and slows us down so he looks pretty :@

Jesus fvcking Christ this forum is just shit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can we discuss his set pieces though, which is supposedly his strong point. They are horrible.

Why does it seem that anybody we sign we just suck their best abilities out of them. Time and time again we sign players who I think will actually be able to beat the first man at corners (Gallagher, Albrighton, Maddison etc) but they don't. It's as if they purposely fail to beat the first man on purpose. Then we've got Maguire, best header of the ball, sitting on the back post - as if the balls even going to come that far lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Why does it seem that anybody we sign we just suck their best abilities out of them. Time and time again we sign players who I think will actually be able to beat the first man at corners (Gallagher, Albrighton, Maddison etc) but they don't. It's as if they purposely fail to beat the first man on purpose. Then we've got Maguire, best header of the ball, sitting on the back post - as if the balls even going to come that far lol 

Maguire has seemingly lost all ability to attack corners well, shocking miss yesterday and then planted another one straight at the goalkeeper.

• Like 1