Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

I hate this forum.. seriously. I scout other team forums for a quick read and i swear compared we have got to be the worst fanbase full of bitching and moaning. The stupidity of comments on here is beyond laughable.

I can assure you other teams forums are just the same!

I was reading Manchester City's a couple of months ago and there were plenty of comments against Pep, how he's lost it, moaning about certain players, general tactics, no plan B, etc, etc!

Chelski fans are moaning about Sarri, Spuds moaning about Ponch crashing out of two cups......It goes on and on!

It's just football fans. They want instant success. Most would be happy if people like Saddam or Gadaffi were their chairman as long as they were winning!

30 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I can assure you other teams forums are just the same!

I was reading Manchester City's a couple of months ago and there were plenty of comments against Pep, how he's lost it, moaning about certain players, general tactics, no plan B, etc, etc!

Chelski fans are moaning about Sarri, Spuds moaning about Ponch crashing out of two cups......It goes on and on!

It's just football fans. They want instant success. Most would be happy if people like Saddam or Gadaffi were their chairman as long as they were winning!

Yes but they are 'legitimate' reasons for fans to blow about, Chelsea should be fighting for the PL and they are not... fans should expect nothing less. Spurs not winning a cup again fans should be moaning about that... and comparing that to us.. which is rather embarrasing, we complain we aint in the top 6 (we are midtable fodder) / We complain about Puel whos kept us safe and a near 7 spot place / We complain about Maddison whos had his first ever PL season and write him off for a few bad spells.. I can hardly feel that these are legitimate enough to bitch and moan about. so i will repeat myself.. we have the worst fanbase.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

I know he cost a considerable fee but look at his age, look at the fact that this is his first season in the Premier League, look at his bravery on the ball, wanting the ball, wanting to take people on, wanting to take the set pieces, not everything he tries will come off but considering his fee as an investment not in the sense of potential profit but in what we can get out of him in his time here and I think it was an excellent signing. There will be frustration when you see the best of what he's capable of and expect it every week but look it up in a book under "Flair Players", it's generally what you get. 

He’s alright.  He’s not as special as so many make out.

Still think, like I said months ago, he’d be better playing deeper.  I’d have him in there with Hamza and stop ****ing about with Mendy and N’Didi (who wins the ball back nearly as often as he loses it).

Kasper

Ricardo, Harry, Evans, Chilly

Hamza, Maddison

Albrighton, Gray, Barnes, 

Vardy

• Like 1

Hoping next season he’ll be the player we’d heard about because although he had a great start he’s just seemed very underwhelming. I’ve been one of his harshest critics and also think it’s been justified. It’s a big transition though and he’ll be a big star. 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Hoping next season he’ll be the player we’d heard about because although he had a great start he’s just seemed very underwhelming. I’ve been one of his harshest critics and also think it’s been justified. It’s a big transition though and he’ll be a big star. 

Wouldn’t you say there is a bit of pressure on him to be our main source of creativity? Hopefully Barnes can help him out 

His stats would look a lot better if some of the chances he created were put away. It looks like his stats are fairly comparable to Eriksen's this season which is not bad for a team that doesn't score too many.

I imagine with a few improvements around him he'll start to look even better. Barnes and Tielemans this season should help increase his output in the last 13 games.

50 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

He’s alright.  He’s not as special as so many make out.

Still think, like I said months ago, he’d be better playing deeper.  I’d have him in there with Hamza and stop ****ing about with Mendy and N’Didi (who wins the ball back nearly as often as he loses it).

Kasper

Ricardo, Harry, Evans, Chilly

Hamza, Maddison

Albrighton, Gray, Barnes, 

Vardy

I think that's the role we've signed Tielemans to play in, and fully expect him to do well for us there. Then, with a bit more positivity and creativity behind him Maddison may well step up again and perform a bit better.

For the Spurs game, I suggested that exact lineup with Tielemans/Maddison rather than Maddison/Gray, presuming Albrighton is fit.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

His stats would look a lot better if some of the chances he created were put away. It looks like his stats are fairly comparable to Eriksen's this season which is not bad for a team that doesn't score too many.

I imagine with a few improvements around him he'll start to look even better. Barnes and Tielemans this season should help increase his output in the last 13 games.

Agreed. Vardy hasn't finished for toffee this season and if he'd converted more I'm sure some people would have different opinions on JM.

Also with regards to set pieces, we've created the most chances from dead balls in the PL. But again, our conversion has been poor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Yes but they are 'legitimate' reasons for fans to blow about, Chelsea should be fighting for the PL and they are not... fans should expect nothing less. Spurs not winning a cup again fans should be moaning about that... and comparing that to us.. which is rather embarrasing, we complain we aint in the top 6 (we are midtable fodder) / We complain about Puel whos kept us safe and a near 7 spot place / We complain about Maddison whos had his first ever PL season and write him off for a few bad spells.. I can hardly feel that these are legitimate enough to bitch and moan about. so i will repeat myself.. we have the worst fanbase.

You only notice this because it's your club who you care about and other clubs you wouldn't pick up on small idiotic views from a minority of our fans. The fact you're generalizing and accusing us of having the worst fan base because a select few think Maddison is a show pony highlights why you probably need to step away from the internet. It's not healthy for you pal. There'll always be cretins everywhere you look.

If you honestly doubt think our fans have any right to be u happy with Puel then again, time you went pal. This gig ain't for you.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm amazed by the stats, there was one game where it claimed Maddison had created 8 chances for us yet I couldnt recall a single proper effort we had in that game bar the goal, think it could have been the Southampton game or the Cardiff one where we had lots of shots but all from distance or quite comfortable. 

Maddison has nowhere near reached his maximum yet, this kid could be phenomenal and I think he will get there. He has always been supremely confident and I wonder what any negative comments he hears does to him, there is a train of thought that he needs to knuckle down more like Chilwell has done (training regime in the close season and all the comments from fellow players who say he's always asking to learn) but theres very little evidence Maddison has poor application. It's the way he acts on social media or Carrie's himself in games that people seem to be generalizing eith him. He's still our most creative player and I think he will revel in in shutting up any doubters. I quietly think we will end the season strongly with Tielemans and then Maddison and Barnes being given more freedom to execute.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, matty98 said:

The problem is he was our only real source of creativity so teams could just mark him out of games. Now we have Barnes and Tielemans in the squad I feel he'll have a bit more space which will really improve his game 

Yeah, we sadly have spent large parts of games barely getting the ball to him. Then we've started playing him on the wing and eventually it's all gone a bit quiet for the lad. Happened to Mahrez at times, we needed Maddison when we had Mahrez and we still find ourselves with a similar problem. You cant just have one player providing the ammo, hopefully we have better balance with Tielemans and Barnes as well.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You only notice this because it's your club who you care about and other clubs you wouldn't pick up on small idiotic views from a minority of our fans. The fact you're generalizing and accusing us of having the worst fan base because a select few think Maddison is a show pony highlights why you probably need to step away from the internet. It's not healthy for you pal. There'll always be cretins everywhere you look.

If you honestly doubt think our fans have any right to be u happy with Puel then again, time you went pal. This gig ain't for you.

Im generalizing the entire fanbase  and my comments were not just on the maddison case but numerous subjects and if you read my comment correctly you would of realised that. Interesting that you think i have a mental health issue with the internet and this forum, great observational skills by the way..

The last comment well.. im just going to ignore you said that.

Edited by Simoken

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Im generalizing the entire fanbase  and my comments were not just on the maddison case but numerious subjects and if you read my comment correctly you would of realised that. Interesting that you think i have a mental health issue with the internet and this forum, great observational skills by the way..

The last comment well.. im just going to ignore you said that.

I'm not saying you have mental health issues, but if you generally hate this forum because the minority of fans think Maddison has been underwhelming or even the growing consensus that Puel's time is up here if he doesnt sort out the relegation home form then you should pack it in pal. Why put yourself through it?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not saying you have mental health issues, but if you generally hate this forum because the minority of fans think Maddison has been underwhelming or even the growing consensus that Puel's time is up here if he doesnt sort out the relegation home form then you should pack it in pal. Why put yourself through it?

I put myself through it because of my general love towards the club and i will defend it if i feel someone is wrong or being negative. Its not keeping me up at night, i enjoy a debate.

11 minutes ago, Bakey said:

Really like him and hope he'll stay.

But if you could potentiality make 20 mil profit on him in a year and then get someone like Bradley Dack in I don't think it would be such bad business

It's dangerous to flip players too often, and anyway, we could get a lot more for him if we kept him for a couple of seasons, plus I doubt he will get consistent first team gametime if he moves to a big club (even Spurs). Highly doubt he goes anywhere.

7 minutes ago, Bakey said:

But if you could potentiality make 20 mil profit on him in a year and then get someone like Bradley Dack in I don't think it would be such bad business

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c5d70c4374e686d59

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bakey said:

Really like him and hope he'll stay.

We should of signed Dack in the first place. Bloke is a goal machine