Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

9 hours ago, lcfcell said:

Wouldn’t you say there is a bit of pressure on him to be our main source of creativity? Hopefully Barnes can help him out 

Pressure? Come on. He’s quite clearly very confident. These guys are doing something they love every single game. Shouldn’t be feeling pressure in a league game. 

8 hours ago, Beechey said:

The issue for me is that nobody is able to pass to him from midfield. You see him drift to the wings (or deeper into midfield) because that's the only place he's able to receive the ball (from the full back or winger). Whether this is a tactical decision on our passing shape or the technical ability of our midfield, I don't know, but he's always showing for the ball from the midfield and he rarely, if ever gets it. 

I see Maguire pass to him more often when he's in an advanced position than either Ndidi or Mendy, which is telling. I really hope Tielemans will be the guy to get the ball into the space between opposition midfield and defence for Maddison, because that's where he's most dangerous. 

Exactly. Also I think he’s the type of player who wants to play quick combinations and triangles. He’s not really going to get that with Gray and Albrighton, although it looks like it could happen with Barnes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Pressure? Come on. He’s quite clearly very confident. These guys are doing something they love every single game. Shouldn’t be feeling pressure in a league game. 

and you would know that as a professional footballer wouldn’t you Bert? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 61ue said:

Exactly. Also I think he’s the type of player who wants to play quick combinations and triangles. He’s not really going to get that with Gray and Albrighton, although it looks like it could happen with Barnes. 

Given some of the link up we saw last game between those two, I think it's quite likely.

17 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

and you would know that as a professional footballer wouldn’t you Bert? 

If these guys feel pressure then there’s something wrong with them. Pressure is being a heart surgeon. 

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

If these guys feel pressure then there’s something wrong with them. Pressure is being a heart surgeon. 

Having 30,000 people live judging you is something I'd argue raises pressure. Don't you believe heart surgeons love being heart surgeons?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

30,000 pairs of eyes is pressure, whatever you are doing.

Edit: oops, too slow :ph34r:

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Having 30,000 people live judging you is something I'd argue raises pressure. Don't you believe heart surgeons love being heart surgeons?

I struggle giving a presentation in front of ten people, nevermind play football in front of 30,000.

22 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Some people seem to think the money takes away pressure. It doesn't. It makes no difference.

Any footballer is going to feel pressure playing infront of big crowds. 

• Like 4

I think some people are maybe a little disappointed he hasn’t really kicked on as much as he thought he would after his opening day performance vs Man Utd. Maybe the praise has gone to his head a little bit and he thinks he’s established himself already but I’m sure Claude has drummed it into him that he still needs to work just as hard as before.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

What an amazingly ridiculous viewpoint.

World against you is it?

Just putting things into perspective. World not against me in the slightest. 

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Weirdest thing I’ve read in a long time. ‘Shouldn’t be feeling pressure in a league game’?? Have a long and derogatory word with yourself...

8 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Weirdest thing I’ve read in a long time. ‘Shouldn’t be feeling pressure in a league game’?? Have a long and derogatory word with yourself...

Why should they be feeling pressure? I can absolutely guarantee if you asked them if they felt under pressure, they’d absolutely say that they don’t. 

12 hours ago, Bert said:

You can be confident in your own ability and still feel the pressure to perform. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Especially in front of our fans when they see and hear their team-mates getting booed on the regular.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

You can be confident in your own ability and still feel the pressure to perform. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Especially in front of our fans when they see and hear their team-mates getting booed on the regular.

Maybe it’s a different mind set for me. Try and be positive as much as possible. I know for a fact if I was out there I’d be thriving, pressure wouldn’t be an issue for me. 

13 hours ago, Bert said:

By that logic you'd never be allowed to feel a bit downbeat knowing there are millions of people in the world worse off.

Everything is relative.

• Like 4