Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I can't see his value dropping, only increasing. So I don't think there is any point in taking quick profit, you invest in this sort of player to make big profits. Selling him now is only likely to lead to Spurs making the lions share of profit on his growth.

£45m and a 20% sell on clause if the spotty urchin kicks off and wants to go. I hope he stays though, convinced he will be a hero here eventually.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If we do end up losing Maddison (although I don’t think we will as I can’t see Spurs spending the £50-60 million we would want for him) we should be straight in for Dack from Blackburn

Would rather invest in some wingers so we can play 4-3-3

I think the worrying consensus is that he's a PL version of Paul Gallagher for us. Now that is an absolute insult (Gallagher could take penalties for a start)... joke.

I think he will become a top player, he's due a goal and it'll get the doubters off his back.

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The amount of fans writing Maddison off after half a season is ridiculous. I wonder how many of these fans were part of the group who referred to Chilwell as being shit last year. Barnes and Choudhury will be the next on the list. 

Maybe its because we have not really had too had too many young players come through or had such a young squad before but youngsters need time to develop. James Maddison has a lot of technical ability. He needs to be nurtured. Some of our fans don’t how to deal with an undeveloped player.

Yep too many are short sighted and want immediate results from all of our players. Even Vardy and Mahrez, two of the best we've ever had didn't hit the ground running and took some time to get going.

Of course players can't have forever. Demari Gray and Kelechi Ihenacho are getting to the point where they've had a lot of games but not really progressing. That said, I think Gray has improved quite a lot so I would persevere with him. Ihenacho should IMO be giving the manager a question to ask in terms of who starts up front but he's nowhere close. He had a good end to the season last year playing with Vardy but hasn't kicked on. 

Maddison does come across as a a bit of a "spice boy" like when some of Liverpool's first team wore white suits for an FA Cup final, but let's face facts, young players on that much money are always going to act like bellends before they mature. We've all been there and we weren't millionaires and premier league footballers at a young age. How far Maddison will go I don't know, but his level is already pretty good for someone that is in their first ever Premier League season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

Sounds total paper bs but if spurs or anyone else came in with 50m I'd snap their hands off. Very over rated show pony. 

Be wonderful to have Spuds pants down!.. 

Do you think he'd become best mates with annoying Delle Alli? 

Back to the Maddison subject, I'd be very surprised if he left in the summer. If he went to spuds I'd be very surprised as I can't see Levy spending 50+ million on a player with only one fairly inconsistent P/L season.

• Like 3