Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

I think he's both our best creative player and also simultaneously a bit of a tosser. Provided he cuts out the acting a bit like a tosser and plays well, like he did today, then I'm fine with him - I think we need what he brings to the team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s a rookie in the top flight. It shows at times. The maturity will come. Like Chilwell. 

Surprised to find peoole wxpected more more of a lad who had no top flight experience until August

Exactly he's only young, he needs time 

Bit silly for him to post that so soon after a game, but you know what? He's 22 and meeting up with a mate after a shit end to an evening. Cut him some slack.

I can't account for all the stuff people say he's done in the past, but every interview he's done while he's been here he's seemed pretty down to earth. He's in his first season as a Prem player, our main creative outlet, but he has a few attitude creases to iron out.

Give. Him. Time.

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Bit silly for him to post that so soon after a game, but you know what? He's 22 and meeting up with a mate after a shit end to an evening. Cut him some slack.

The post is from last month. I guess it was put here to show an example of his questionable dress sense :dunno: which is irrelevant to bring up really when it’s his off-pitch attitude amd his on-pitch performance which are currently up for criticism.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

The post is from last month. I guess it was put here to show an example of his questionable dress sense :dunno: which is irrelevant to bring up really when it’s his off-pitch attitude amd his on-pitch performance which are currently up for criticism.

Well a) silly of me not to have looked at the date and b) shame on the poster for fishing like that since it said Manchester!

FFS why do we care what our players wear outside of the club?! If they wear our shirt on the day that's all that matters.

Thanks for clarifying @brucey, much appreciated.

he’s a young lad playing prem football for the first time and is borderline our standout star. too right he’s going to big himself up a bit.

Puts a shift in most games and delivers the goods too.

misplaced frustration if he is the one you want to pick on.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mehrez said:

That’s fair enough, personally as long as he’s putting the ball in the back of the net or helping it get there then I’m not bothered about what his latest post on Instagram is, a bit of arrogance is no bad thing in football - certainly better than a lack of confidence or self belief 

Yh I think he's a good footballer, I wish he would just concentrate on playing the game and not trying too many fancy things.

The first thing I noticed with him that annoyed me was when we were 3-1 up against Huddersfield and he tried some back heel flick in mid air when he could have just easily controlled in normally. That doesn't sit well with me, disrespectful to the opponent. Wouldn't like it if the opposition did that to us.

• Like 1

He does have qualiteee but he needs to sort his head out in regards where you pass the ball, last night he nearly cost us a second goal with a back pass so awful it was beyond measure, though it would have saved us the awful penalties.

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Find it interesting that Maddison has 2 assists in 1237 Premier league minutes (that's about 13.7 games) which is, what, one every 7 games? 

Meanwhile Iheanacho has 3 assists in 811 PL minutes (9.01 games) which is one every 3.

Iheanacho has been turned in to a figure of ridicule for, largely, being crap as a number 9 despite stating his preference to play at 10. Meanwhile, Maddison is heralded as our Lord Creator. 

They're the same age, one has been sent off for diving this year and gets treated like a hero, the other has created more for Jamie Vardy in less time yet gets cheered ironically off the pitch when he's subbed. 

****ing disgrace the way we treat Iheanacho, frankly. He's called "lazy", yet I've seen him running around closing defenders down. I personally don't think he's lazy, he runs around as much as Maddison, he's just being expected to play as a 9 and move like a 9 which he has no idea how to do. He's not a centre forward.

Maddison has weighed in with more goals and plays significantly more key passes per game (2.3 vs 0.8), generally out to the wingers, which is his default. But for all the excitement about how Maddison would be slotting through balls to Vardy, Iheanacho gets much closer to him, gives him far more support and has assisted more goals for him than JM. 

Now I'm not claiming Iheanacho is better, I'd probably still play Maddison and I'd probably still play Maddison at 10 (he's dogshit at left mid) but it's definitely food for thought. 

Good post

I think we should alternate between Maddison and Nacho behind the striker.  Problem is we are a striker short so we have to play Kelechi on top alone when Vardy is out