Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

Just now, Col city fan said:

Puel is the issue. He must go

A huge part of where he’s going wrong is putting that much faith in Maddison as his number 10 when he’s not good enough to play that role for a PL side with any regularity.

How often does he misplace or overhit the final ball? Played a simple pass to Tielimans earlier that he had no chance of controlling because Maddison hit it so hard. He's a long way to go until he's the player we thought we were getting.

Edited by Facecloth

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

How often does he misplace of overhit the final ball? Played a simple pass to Tielimans earlier that he had no chance of controlling because Maddison hit it so hard. He's a long way to go until he's the player we thought we were getting.

His vision and weight of pass isn't that good, which has disappointed me. Speed of thought also a bit lacking at top level. 

He strikes a good ball, and is good at receiving the ball under pressure on the half turn. Aside from that, form aside, I struggle to see what other raw tools he has. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

His vision and weight of pass isn't that good, which has disappointed me. Speed of thought also a bit lacking at top level. 

He strikes a good ball, and is good at receiving the ball under pressure on the half turn. Aside from that, form aside, I struggle to see what other raw tools he has. 

He’s got plenty.

He needs to be playing in a confident side where the expectation to supply the striker isn’t solely on his shoulders.

Youd see a different player altogether

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, martyn said:

I’m really not sure he does strike a good ball. He scored that free kick against Huddersfield that the keeper could conceivably have saved and hasn’t even come close before or since. He’s taken two of the worst penalties I’ve ever seen. His set pieces are hit and miss.

In the end the manager takes the rap for this. The clue is in the name. I have not hatred or disrespect or anything else for Claude, he has made some improvements and his identification of holes in the team and finding people to fill them has been good. We are successfully moving out some of the old players. All good stuff.

BUT...in the end it hasn't worked, for any number of reasons discussed on here. That means, I think that he will have to go, and I say that as someone who has been, on balance and despite the frustrations, pretty much Puel In.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’s got plenty.

He needs to be playing in a confident side where the expectation to supply the striker isn’t solely on his shoulders.

Youd see a different player altogether

I mean let's be fair you're taking every issue that could split one way or the other and excuse James while blaming Claude. He was brought here to supply the striker, he isn't doing it. 

Edited by knitro
  • Like 2

I'm sorry but Madisson flatters to deceive. He was terrible today and has been for a very long time. He thinks he is far better than he actually is. He needs knocking down a peg or two and he was the first one that should have been subbed today. 

He's genuinely had about 3 decent games for us at the start of the season and has been mediocre to shite since. I feel like hes bought in to his own hype. Instead of posing, he needs to toughen up, show more desire and put himself about more. He's not the only one, but he has been particularly frustrating to watch.