Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Right. Now let’s see if he can play again.

;)

You may be right in that he’s been poorly coached. Apart from the comments on his poor form, which I agree with, what bothers me slightly is what has happened at Norwich since he left. Most teams really struggle after losing their best, most effective player. Think us and Kante, Liverpool, and Suarez, even Manchester United and Ronaldo to an extent. Norwich are flying since he moved on lol

His set-pieces were shit and he needs to cut out the diving sharpish, he's not even particularly good at it. A better ref would have booked him yesterday.

That said, a lot of these comments are just baseless attacks on his personality, probably from people who convinced themselves he was the final piece in our "assault on the top 4" puzzle when they saw him play for the first time. He's 22, playing his first season in the league, is our second top scorer and joint-best creator, but we're taking against him because...what, exactly? "Believing his own hype", "thinks he's the new Beckham"? No. He's badly out of form and that's it. You might believe otherwise because you watch him from afar for 90 minutes once a week but the reality is you haven't got a clue about his personality, so why don't you show some patience rather than playing the amateur psychologist?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

You may be right in that he’s been poorly coached. Apart from the comments on his poor form, which I agree with, what bothers me slightly is what has happened at Norwich since he left. Most teams really struggle after losing their best, most effective player. Think us and Kante, Liverpool, and Suarez, even Manchester United and Ronaldo to an extent. Norwich are flying since he moved on lol

Liverpool lost Coutinho and look what they did after. Norwich's problem last season was their lack of a goalscorer, they solved it with Pukki. That's not the whole story but the gist of it. 

People criticising him, sometimes rightly, and sometimes not, I get it. However, he's now on 5 goals and 5 assists for the season (10 games remaining), in his first ever Premier League season. He's only 22, guys.

Mahrez's best season (discounting league win) was 12 goals and 11 assists. I'm convinced Maddison will be able to fill that void.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

People criticising him, sometimes rightly, and sometimes not, I get it. However, he's now on 5 goals and 5 assists for the season (10 games remaining), in his first ever Premier League season. He's only 22, guys.

Mahrez's best season (discounting league win) was 12 goals and 11 assists. I'm convinced Maddison will be able to fill that void.

It's his first season in the prem, so i think he shouldn't play every game (switch back and forth with Hamza or Tielemans), needs a lot of work (obviously) on passing and set pieces.

very easy to disposes. but nevertheless has a lot of potential, when he isn't thinking he's Beckham 

1 minute ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

It's his first season in the prem, so i think he shouldn't play every game (switch back and forth with Hamza or Tielemans), needs a lot of work (obviously) on passing and set pieces.

very easy to disposes. but nevertheless has a lot of potential, when he isn't thinking he's Beckham 

Just needs to release the ball earlier. That said, he had no available passes today on a few occasions, he kept having to turn back on himself and pass backwards because Vardy stays so high up.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Just needs to release the ball earlier. That said, he had no available passes today on a few occasions, he kept having to turn back on himself and pass backwards because Vardy stays so high up.

100% agree, holds on to the ball to long, get that sorted and he'll be a player

He blew hot and cold and I think thats been the main theme of his time here in his first season, honestly. There were two bits of play first half ten minutes apart, one we had runners either side and Vardy and the press was closing in and he could've released the ball into space for an attack, he hesitated and turned the ball over to one of the players running at him - frustrating. Then he got the ball further back press on him again, waited for them to get closer, shimmied at the right time and skipped away from two players, ran into the space infront of the defence and released it well. So he did the same thing twice, once he looked like a jeb for not passing the ball the next he does superbly. Thing you gotta remember, even with Mahrez is that he will scuff shots, over hit it, run down dead ends but one or two moments in a game he will pull a gem out of his Toyota Aris -  being a central attacking midfielder too he has to deal with the oppositions midfielders and their centrebacks in the most tightly contested space on the pitch, Mahrez was on the wing and could isolate their wing backs more often and was always finding space to push into.

Madders may not have done excellently but he got an assist which ultimately won us the game. I still don't think he's completely fit either and an end to the season avoiding injuries and a summer should set him in better physical condition

• Like 1

Just now, FLAN said:

He isn’t suited to being one of two central midfielders. He doesn’t concentrate enough and far too lightweight in challenges 

He needs to be played as a number 10 or striker, not deeper in midfield. He is not a ball winner.

He is 22 and in his first PL season, so will be patchy and run out of steam at times. To be otherwise would be the surprise. 

I fear the boo boys are creating a toxic atmosphere that will lose us some of our talented youngsters this summer, and who could blame them for going? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

not sure why anyone is overly critical of the lad 

True.  He can be a bit hot and cold but he's a talented kid in his first season.  He is the future.  We should get behind him. 

Some of the criticism is ridiculous.  Some people saying he's not as good as he thinks he is.  So how good does he think he is?  Wannabe Beckham references and some people just seem to annoyed by the way he looks.  Idiots the lot of you.

I do wish he wouldn't jump out of tackles though.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FLAN said:

He isn’t suited to being one of two central midfielders. He doesn’t concentrate enough and far too lightweight in challenges 

Agreed but when has he ever been played in a midfield two?

The  midfield two behind him have been Wilf and TIelemans,

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FLAN said:

He was much deeper than tielemans a lot of the game tonight 

As a playmaker, not a ball winner 

You'll see Messi play far back in midfield too, depending on the game's situation, but that doesn't mean he's a defensive or box-to-box midfielder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

True.  He can be a bit hot and cold but he's a talented kid in his first season.  He is the future.  We should get behind him. 

Some of the criticism is ridiculous.  Some people saying he's not as good as he thinks he is.  So how good does he think he is?  Wannabe Beckham references and some people just seem to annoyed by the way he looks.  Idiots the lot of you.

I do wish he wouldn't jump out of tackles though.

Out of reps.

Agree, the criticism is far too harsh for a 22 yo who doesn't even have a complete season in the PL.