Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

He surrendered possession throughout. The set pieces were dreadful. He was too eager to shoot which, from distance, doesn't look like as much of a strength as he thinks it is. I can't help but feel it was very unwise for Puel to be comparing him to Hoddle in December. Today, and in a great many games recently, he was absolutely central to our lack of creativity.

I think he has a lot of potential, but it's 'feet on ground' time if he wants to make the most of it. I maintain that our attacking midfielders haven't been impressive enough, or creative enough, for us to justify playing more than two of them, if that. Just like our striker options don't justify playing Iheanacho / Okazaki etc. alongside Vardy.

He really can't do anything. He can't shoot free-kicks because he doesn't have the technique. You might see his chipped corner-balls in youth football, completely harmless, but he grabs every resting ball - what is there a manager (sorry, we have no manager) for?

It's unbelievable what's going on in this club. Very very sad.....

1 hour ago, leicesterseddon said:

Set pieces were awful & too lightweight today. 

I do wonder what he’s meant to be doing half the time. 

Not a real midfielder, not a forward and not a winger...what is he? 

A poor mans paul Gallagher. God this club has gone backwards

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Tell me one thing that Maddison is better at than Paul Gallagher 

Absolutely everything apart from taking penalties! Passing, dribbling, shooting, heading, tackling.

You do realise Paul Gallagher was playing in the championship when we had him against championship level defenders?

You do also realise that Maddison has been 21/22 years old this season? Playing against some of the best defenders in the world?

If you are seriously arguing that Paul Gallagher is better than James Maddison then I seriously worry about either your football knowledge or your sanity! 

Paul Gallagher got one cap for Scotland for god sake man. 

Yes Scotland. One measley Cap lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

Today Maddison was utter dross. He's been poor of late but today he was truly dreadful at just about everything and even managed to set up their second goal with a crappy corner.

Another player who has got worse the longer he has worked under Puel.

The last sentence is 100% correct. Maddison will improve as soon as the knob head in charge leaves.

People need to cut the lad some slack, it's his first season in the prem and he's already been directly involved in 9 goals.

He's a decent set piece taker, the problem is we seem to have absolutely no set piece plans what so ever. We start Maguire and Evans our only players likely to win a header on the edge of the box where they're got no chance of heading a ball in from.

Edited by matty98

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I sincerely hope all you naysayers come back on here and eat your words when this club gets rid of Fraud, gets in a younger, progressive manager, and Maddison gets game time for England.

He'll probably get his form back at some point, he'll start banging in the goals and assists again at some point but right now he deserves to get criticised because he's been fvcking woeful recently.

It's ok for you to slag off Amartey, or other fans to slag off Ghezzal and Iheanacho but we aren't allowed to slag off Maddison?

I couldn't give a toss if he's English and still only 22, the guy has been piss poor for months now and needs to buck up his ideas instead of waving to cameras like a bellend.

• Like 2

His set pieces have been poor, I'll concede that. But to say he is a dreadful player is just wrong. The system we play is wrong. He is a number 10, he is not a winger like he has been played this season, or like the last 2 games a cm in a midfield 3. You know something is seriously wrong when Maddison is the deepest of 3 midfielders like for the first goal for palace. Play him higher up the pitch so he can link with Vardy as earlier in the season they seemed to be growing a good partnership, don't have him doing the box to box stuff.

Edited by cal21212121

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I sincerely hope all you naysayers come back on here and eat your words when this club gets rid of Fraud, gets in a younger, progressive manager, and Maddison gets game time for England.

Not me 

I’ll still be saying that he went backwards in the period following his England call up

That isn’t mutually exclusive from accepting the possibility or even likelihood that he will regain his form

His set pieces really aren't what I expected. We've got a genuine threat in Maguire (we saw that in the world cup) and he came with the reputation of taking a great set piece. And yet, I can think of maybe 3 he's created from them (Maguire @ Newcastle and Liverpool, Morgan @ Wolves). Part of the issue is that our attack is fairly static (least it's been like that is when Gray's up front, because he drifts and wants to play wide, which inadvertently opens up space for Barnes and Maddison) in open play, but the delivery from set pieces is on him.

I can't understand why he has to take all the corners and all the free kicks. Yesterday his corners were appalling and the majority of his free kicks were the same. He might like to think he's like Beckham but he has a long way to go to emulate him. His strutting about and size of his head doesn't impress me.

• Like 2