Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He’ll now get better and better

Watch this space.....

;)

Why because you have said so lol lol

No doubt he will improve but so will the team. Having players that bought into Puel and players that wanted him out can't be good for anyone. 

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

Why because you have said so lol lol

No doubt he will improve but so will the team. Having players that bought into Puel and players that wanted him out can't be good for anyone. 

Just because you live over with the carrot crunchers and never get to see any games, there’s no need to take it out on me!

:D

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just because you live over with the carrot crunchers and never get to see any games, there’s no need to take it out on me!

:D

I can't argue with that. But every cloud and silver linings and all that. 

The bonus is I stand less chance of bumping into you lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

He's second for chances created in the top 5 leagues, only beaten by Memphis Delay. That's incredible.

We should be having more patience with him

How is this even possible?

Not berating the lad but didn’t we go through dry spells under Puel where we’d only have 1-2 shots on target at best and barely create anything in the final third? 

I genuinely am struggling to remember real opportunities we created playing Puelball.  

I don’t think these stats paint the full picture 

He's not accustomed to the pace and the overwhelming grind of the PL so no wonder he dipped in form. 

There's a good player in there, he is still young but the glimpses of brilliance he showed so far are more than enough to convince me he can help the club to a European spot in the next few years.

He will gain experience over time and I have no problem placing trust in his potential.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

He's second for chances created in the top 5 leagues, only beaten by Memphis Delay. That's incredible.

We should be having more patience with him

Read the other day that he was the first English player to hit involvement in ten goals (5 goals, 5 assists).

Are you sure that only one other player in the top 5 leagues has more than 5 assists at this stage of the season?

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Read the other day that he was the first English player to hit involvement in ten goals (5 goals, 5 assists).

Are you sure that only one other player in the top 5 leagues has more than 5 assists at this stage of the season?

Chances created =/= assists.  I'd quite like to see those stats though.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

chances created are when a player sets up a chance, an assist is when a player gets an assist. 

the stats are a bit bit skewed by the fact that i think over half maddison’s “chances created” are from corners, which i assume is just him lifting balls into the air and harry maguire getting his head to them in the most feeble way possible. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He needs to play higher up and stop dropping so deep. He can turn really well, but it will create more in the final third, than on the halfway line. 

That's only been an issue since Tielemens came in, he's being played more in a midfield 3 rather than a bespoke number 10 so he's expected to come deeper and it's not getting the best out of him and they tend to get in each other's way more than anything else

On 03/03/2019 at 22:13, peterborofox said:

Gone right off him since about November. 

Becoming weaker on the ball, slows play up too much and his set pieces leave a lot to be desired. 

Clearly a good player there and massive potential. 

But he's not as good as he thinks he is 

I deffo feel he has dropped off since early season, combination of poor decision making and been too easy to push off the ball.

I personally feel he should be put in shinji's old role so yeah a #10 role.

Edited by Chrysalis

Young lad, still a little lightweight and still learning.

This year is going to teach a lot of our youngsters about how tough the game actually is and the need to be able to change and adjust.

Confident he will do well in the future, as i am with SO many of our youngsters in the current squad.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Young lad, still a little lightweight and still learning.

This year is going to teach a lot of our youngsters about how tough the game actually is and the need to be able to change and adjust.

Confident he will do well in the future, as i am with SO many of our youngsters in the current squad.

I think you're right and it's why I was also glad Barnes is back with us for the experience. After a good pre season,  both will some back a little more savvy. They're kids and are at times up against some of the best and most experienced players in the league. I think Maddison out of the two does need a bit more strength/condition before next season though but it's a steep learning curve they're on.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you're right and it's why I was also glad Barnes is back with us for the experience. After a good pre season,  both will some back a little more savvy. They're kids and are at times up against some of the best and most experienced players in the league. I think Maddison out of the two does need a bit more strength/condition before next season though but it's a steep learning curve they're on.

I don't think he needs strength, I think his slight build is an advantage when it comes to the half turns he does when he takes possession. It's more a case of training the soft diving attitude out of him, currently any contact and he wants to fall over and dive. Needs a bit of Pearson style coaching like what happened with Mahrez, setting wasyl on him

His dead ball kicking has especially concerned me for a while now, and his decision making has gone off the boil too.

But then I remember it's his first year in the P/L, he's playing against better defenders who work him out far quicker than championship defenders, and he's only 22 y.o.

He's also had to deal with the loss of Vichai and his little friend (Sophie?) and none of us know how that has affected him.

There is no doubt that he has the skill and vision to become a very good player. I'm sure he'll come good.

• Like 3