Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

Guest Harrydc

I think he’s so over rated . Can’t take a corner or free kick. Let him go. Just my opinion ....

21 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I think he’s so over rated . Can’t take a corner or free kick. Let him go. Just my opinion ....

Today isn't the day to go after him. Played well today, linking up with Tielemans and Vardy well. With a partner with an ability to pass and get into space he's looking a lot more lively.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Maddison dropping deep reminds me of Rooney switching to play CM when he started to decline. Just completely pointless 

Disagree, with Tielemans in the team, either can drop and pick the other out in space. With 2 defensive miss on the pitch it is pointless, but with how we're currently setting up you couldn't be more wrong.

• Like 1

He got pulled again and looked knackered coming off, something that looking though his stats didnt happen last season

Hit and miss aswell can drift past players one moment, give it away the next; too much power on a pass one moment, next he's slipped Vards through for 2-1. But he's having an impact on games consistantly, steadily clocking the assists up so he's doing well no matter how you see it.

I think next season is proper go at it

46 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

What about that assist for Vardy’s 1st. Maddison was brilliant today. Much more intensity in his game, and he played some lovely stuff with Barnsey and Tielemans.

• Like 1

There's a nice fluidity between him and Tielemans - makes it easier for those two as it's harder for the opposition to pick up.

Part of the reason his form dropped was the opposition wised up to him and as our only creative source he was easily snuffed out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

First ever season in the Prem and he’s currenrly on 5 goals 6 assists. The constant bashing of him is getting boring. I’ve seen people criticise him for using Instagram to the way he passes the ball. Embarrassing. 

Exactly. And how old is he again? It's ludicrous. In my estimation he's performed as he should be in his first season. It's fans expectations being blinded by self entitlement. 

Guest Harrydc
3 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

let him go lmao

or how about giving him a bit more time to adjust and improve in the PL? 

he's played a handful of games in the grand scheme of things and you're just going to write him off already?

jokes

Just don’t rate him pal. 

I think like with Barnes we will see the real Maddison next season, he will benefit so much from a full season in the premier League. The front 4 were the best they have been all season, you can see the work Rodgers has installed in them already in a short space of time. Fitness for me is an issue which we need to address  especially if you play a pressing game.

• Like 1

Thought he was fantastic in the first half, pressed excellently and linked up very well with Barnes in particular. Faded in the second but laid on the all-important second goal with a perfect pass just when our grip on the game was slipping.

I notice the overrated show pony Beckham wannabe is now level on combined goals + assists with Bernardo Silva for the season. Let's have some patience, shall we?

• Thanks 1