Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

6 hours ago, Harrydc said:

I think he’s so over rated . Can’t take a corner or free kick. Let him go. Just my opinion ....

Rarely post nowadays but couldn’t let this go. Can’t take a free kick or corner?! 

Maddison as of the end of Feb was top of chances created in the entire Premier League creating one every 26 mins. Only Memphis Depay has created more in Europe’s top 5 leagues! 

He also has created the most chances in the premier league from set pieces.

No idea what you’ve been watching.. 

Edited by hornyhollthefox123
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Rarely post nowadays but couldn’t let this go. Can’t take a free kick or corner?! 

Maddison as of the end of Feb was top of chances created in the entire Premier League creating one every 26 mins. Only Memphis Depay has created more in Europe’s top 5 leagues! 

He also has created the most chances in the premier league from set pieces.

No idea what you’ve been watching.. 

61 shots

19 on target 

5 goals 

should be doing better considering the anmount of chances he has

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Maybe let someone else have a go at corners

2nd lowest goals from Corners in the league

His corners seemed a lot better first couple games of the season ...... strange his delivery isn’t as good now. Fwiw I would have ghezzal on left footed set pieces when he is on the pitch. 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just watched the highlights back. Just about every chance we had, Maddison was involved wasn’t he?

What is this kid getting pelters for? He’s our most creative player and yet we have some muppets on here seemingly wanting him dropped or sold?

:frusty:

And he IS consistently the one player that provides the most key passes in the team. If you watch highlights from yesterday it’s like a reel of Maddison through balls to Vardy, something at the start of the season we’d expected. I guess he was doing exactly what the manager wanted but now we see the no brainier central centric distribution under a different manager, just a simple tweak to play to your strengths then one of your most talented players doesn’t ‘look’ so negative.

Im sure he’ll improve under the new system. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It annoys me how he walks so slowly over to talking a corner. When the pressures on surely it helps to speed things up a bit.

That winds me up, I do think his weakness is is lack of urgency but thankfully Rodgers teams play like the world will end if you dont press like fcuk so he will simply have to improve in this regard. He had a good game yesterday.

If some people had it their way, Andy King would still be here and played at no.10! 

Maddison will be worth 3 times what we payed for him, and still there will be complaints. No surprises as people still complained about mahrez before he left.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Did you watch the match yesterday?

Literally none of what you said applies. Where it was sensible and possible, he was looking to find Vardy with a through ball to run onto. One obviously paid off with the 2nd goal we scored.

Not sure that they would count as a 'Hollywood pass' and genuinely can't recall any time he tried one yesterday either as it is.

Also don't get this 'poser on the pitch' bollocks either. Just another stick to beat him with and it's totally unwarranted.

Why do fans have to find criticism in every little thing about a player?! He's creating goals/getting assists which is his main job (most assists at the club this season?). Can't we just appreciate a good performance for once?! Even if he was a 'poser' that has no correlation on how he plays anyway lol. Even if it did, it'd be very minimal. Hardly like he's stopping play to whip out his phone to take a selfie is he lol 

I have arguably been his biggest critic this season and maybe a bit guilty of going over the top. But the two games he’s played under Rodgers he’s looked exactly like the player we thought we were getting. I think he needs a goal badly but he’s been much improved since Puel left. He even put a few tackles in yesterday. Just needs to stop backing out of 50/50’s next. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Did you watch the match yesterday?

Literally none of what you said applies. Where it was sensible and possible, he was looking to find Vardy with a through ball to run onto. One obviously paid off with the 2nd goal we scored.

Not sure that they would count as a 'Hollywood pass' and genuinely can't recall any time he tried one yesterday either as it is.

Also don't get this 'poser on the pitch' bollocks either. Just another stick to beat him with and it's totally unwarranted.

Why do fans have to find criticism in every little thing about a player?! He's creating goals/getting assists which is his main job (most assists at the club this season?). Can't we just appreciate a good performance for once?! Even if he was a 'poser' that has no correlation on how he plays anyway lol. Even if it did, it'd be very minimal. Hardly like he's stopping play to whip out his phone to take a selfie is he lol 

To be fair, I made no reference to yesterday's game. I have been like many underwhelmed by him at times and at on other occasions in awe of what he is capable of considering his age. I'm hoping that Brendan can bring more of that to the forefront as I feel that he has a tendency to be a bit too inconsistent and his set pieces need work.

• Haha 1

The guy next to me obviously has a personal dislike of Maddison and vocally criticises him for anything and everything he does that doesn't come off. Whereas there is always an 'unlucky' from him if Barnes or Chilwell do something similar. The record never changes. It bugs me rotten.

I agree that Maddison has been poor of late - and terrible against Brighton until his assist for Vardy - but yesterday he was much improved, as most fans (though not the one sat beside me) acknowledged when he was subbed.

9 players have more assists than Maddison this season. Of those 9, only 2 play outwith the top 6. 5 players have created more big chances this year, again only 2 play out with the top 6. He playes more key passes per game than Eden Hazard yet there are people here critisicing him for how quickly he goes to take corners and the fact that a young guy like him is a bit of a poser....  

He's a young guy who has alot of room for improvement but he doesn't deserve anywhere near the stick he gets on here. 

(Also, having a look at the stats, we should DEFINATELY sign Ryan Frasier)

• Like 1

He wasn't just "alright" or "good", he was outstanding in more or less every regard. His link up, through balls (felt like every time he got the ball he created a chance for Vardy, or slid through Barnes/Chilwell), the free kick that Evans narrowly missed getting his diving header onto, he was defensively solid and very quick in thinking. We're a much better side with him in it, and those thinking he should be dropped in place of either Mendy or Choudhury are absolutely mad considering how vital he is to our attack.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

Played well for the most part yesterday. Was pleased to see him keep his positional discipline and his pressing was good, hadn't seen that from him before. Seemed he made an effort to move the ball quicker too and some of his interplay with Barnes in the first half was very nice to watch. Obviously the ball through to Vardy was inch perfect too. 

Still needs to know when to play it safe and not overplay though. Could have cost us twice yesterday in the 2nd half. Once by trying to turn on the edge of our box getting dispossessed, secondly when he got moved back alongside N'Didi (don't want to see that again) he overcommited going to win the ball, then seemingly backed out of the 50/50 resulting in a dangerous Fulham attack. 

Still, much more encouraging from him overall. 

Edited by martyn

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Just watched the highlights back. Just about every chance we had, Maddison was involved wasn’t he?

What is this kid getting pelters for? He’s our most creative player and yet we have some muppets on here seemingly wanting him dropped or sold?

:frusty:

His performances recently could absolutely have warranted him sitting on the bench for a bit.

I hope you afford the same level of patience and understanding to Amartey when he comes back from his injury, rather than immediately judging, but we will see.