Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

So you aren’t taking back your ‘most over-rated player in the league, shit free-kicks’ comment then?

Instead you’re trying to wriggle out of it?

I say it as it is at that particular time.

Remember when you slagged off Cambiasso and Amartey, then they went on to have good performances?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lcfc matt said:

Love this forum people are entitled to an opinion if you don’t like it then go and follow your new bff on Instagram and tell him how much you love his one  great free kick he scored out of others he’s kicked up.i didn’t asked you to agree with my comments.i couldn’t give a rats arse if you like them or not I was simply putting my opinion across that’s all.you can go back to your Maddison fan club now goodnight ?

in 8 seasons beckham scored a total of 15 free kicks which is a league record. averages about two a season! free kicks aint as easy as they seem!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tylesta said:

in 8 seasons beckham scored a total of 15 free kicks which is a league record. averages about two a season! free kicks aint as easy as they seem!

Yep - ask Huth.

• Haha 1

At what point did I say I disliked Maddison! I simply said I disliked his corner taking and some of free kicks he has taken in the past and the fact he tries to complicate things rather than keeping things simple.and suddenly I’ve come under attack.it was a beautiful gesture he did for the little girl at the weekend and he seems to of improved since the arrival of tielemans and Rogers.hes still young and learning and I’m sure he will turn into a glorious footballer but at the moment he still has a lot to learn that’s all I was saying.

17 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

At what point did I say I disliked Maddison! I simply said I disliked his corner taking and some of free kicks he has taken in the past and the fact he tries to complicate things rather than keeping things simple.and suddenly I’ve come under attack.it was a beautiful gesture he did for the little girl at the weekend and he seems to of improved since the arrival of tielemans and Rogers.hes still young and learning and I’m sure he will turn into a glorious footballer but at the moment he still has a lot to learn that’s all I was saying.

Nice try, but you've been caught at it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

Just log out

• Like 2

17 hours ago, reynard said:

I think you are being incredibly harsh here. Is he the finished article? No. Is he one of the most exciting prospects we've had at this club for a long time? Yes.

Your "strutting about" could equally be called "self-confidence."

Some of the very best players have had about them a certain cockiness, a touch of arrogance. He's got quick feet and quick football brain to go with it. Yes he needs to work hard and to continue to improve but right now  £22 million or whatever we paid for him is looking a bargain.

We've asked an awful lot of a young man with little Premier League experience and who, until the arrival of Tielemans, has had to carry the creative side of the team almost single handedly. Considering his young age and relative lack of experience at the top level I'd say he's done pretty well so far.

On this topic..post of the season..!!!

18 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Just log out

I do not take orders from anyone as for being caught out tell me exactly what I’ve been caught out on.just because I’m not on the Maddison bandwagon doesn’t mean I don’t have a right to be here.l love my club and love my team.and will not be told what to do by someone that thinks his opinion is more valued than mine.ive tried to explain my points but it’s like talking to a brick wall.this forum is supposed to be a place to share opinions regarding football.

17 hours ago, KingsX said:

JMgoal-Watf.JPG.2cf28801d0c5630033d1cab79770bb98.JPG

JMassist-BHA.JPG.733945a386b45ad503c710a486b6b492.JPG

JMgoal-Hud.JPG.ab5af0e526bc57d66bf2425afca531f3.JPG

JMgoal-Burnl.JPG.683c7713353bcb1e58a65d68c78c9937.JPG

JMgoal-bourn.JPG.01af6b46b0d4a24519e8979109c0b95d.JPG

1330472931_goalsAs.JPG.ab81bbe7e301cda1aea444fba332ac55.JPG

JM-10.JPG.d6b7edfc4cffd5e8513af68aff577036.JPG

What about the rest of the games that he’s failed to show up in? What about the red card at Brighton he was shown his second yellow for, for diving moments after he’d been booked? What about the missed penalty against Cardiff? You can manipulate your argument very easily by showing what he’s done well but can’t not counter that with what he’s not done well.

Had a great start then from September to February didn’t do a lot apart from the odd game. Granted since Rodgers has came in he’s been good. Hopefully next season he will turn into the player most people believe he is. Not doubting his talent, technique etc, he just needs to show it more. 

14 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Leicester have a number of promising young English players in their first premier league seasons and some fans are bashing. 

P**s off 

Some people also need to see the difference between “bashing” and not looking at things through rose tinted spectacles. Just because he’s our player doesn’t mean fans can’t voice opinions on him, good or bad. I’ll support the lad on the pitch but if he does something shit, I’ll say so. It’s the same with any other player for me. 

17 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I didn't realise I'd upset so many Maddison luvvies. The fact is we are all entitled to our own opinion and just because it differs from others doesn't mean to say it's incorrect. Move on!!

they are entitled to their opinions too and voiced it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MPH said:

they are entitled to their opinions too and voiced it.

Of course they are, couldn't agree more. However, there is absolutely no need for the personal foul mouthed diatribe used by some. Lack of education I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

What about the rest of the games that he’s failed to show up in? What about the red card at Brighton he was shown his second yellow for, for diving moments after he’d been booked? What about the missed penalty against Cardiff? You can manipulate your argument very easily by showing what he’s done well but can’t not counter that with what he’s not done well.

Had a great start then from September to February didn’t do a lot apart from the odd game. Granted since Rodgers has came in he’s been good. Hopefully next season he will turn into the player most people believe he is. Not doubting his talent, technique etc, he just needs to show it more. 

A goal or assist in three of our last four … whether that is a return to form is open to healthy difference of opinion.  There’s dozens of constructive, critical posts in this thread I have no problem with. 

It’s mindless slagging -- “he’s shit” and worse with zero specifics -- and borderline character assassination of our own guys gets under my skin.  In match threads, we’re reacting, it’s natural.  But as the full extent of someone’s opinion, it doesn’t work for me.

I do think Maddison’s early returns are good, given his youth and the huge adjustment to this level.  Like most I am happy to debate it with facts and thoughtful opinion.

p.s.  I also think a rich 22 year old can be a decent person.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KingsX said:

A goal or assist in three of our last four … whether that is a return to form is open to healthy difference of opinion.  There’s dozens of constructive, critical posts in this thread I have no problem with. 

It’s mindless slagging -- “he’s shit” and worse with zero specifics -- and borderline character assassination of our own guys gets under my skin.  In match threads, we’re reacting, it’s natural.  But as the full extent of someone’s opinion, it doesn’t work for me.

I do think Maddison’s early returns are good, given his youth and the huge adjustment to this level.  Like most I am happy to debate it with facts and thoughtful opinion.

p.s.  I also think a rich 22 year old can be a decent person.

I just think some people need to realise just because someone isn’t praising a player doesn’t mean they hate them, they’re just saying what they see, or at least I’d like to think so. We as fans all have opinions which is fine. I have been one of Maddison’s harshest critics throughout the season, but I’ve also said when he’s had good games.

I do believe he was massively over rated by our fans after a good start, if he’d kept up his early season form I have no doubt in my mind he’d be on doubles figures for goals and assists, too. 

There’s plenty more to come from him for sure, I just want to see him cut the fancy stuff out when it’s least necessary, more than anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I just think some people need to realise just because someone isn’t praising a player doesn’t mean they hate them, they’re just saying what they see, or at least I’d like to think so. We as fans all have opinions which is fine. I have been one of Maddison’s harshest critics throughout the season, but I’ve also said when he’s had good games.

I do believe he was massively over rated by our fans after a good start, if he’d kept up his early season form I have no doubt in my mind he’d be on doubles figures for goals and assists, too. 

There’s plenty more to come from him for sure, I just want to see him cut the fancy stuff out when it’s least necessary, more than anything. 

Thank you bert that’s what I was trying to say I probably didn’t use the right words to say it without sounding offensive. 

• Like 1

Maddison has been a very frustrating player to watch, he has so much talent that is clear to see. The way he throws himself to the ground is one of my biggest gripe but it's now part of the game, the way he was backing out of challenges also bugged me, but in the last couple of games he seems to have a bit more steel on his tackles and doesn't pull out as much. 

I think with BR coaching him he will turn into the player will know he can be, he has shown signs that he is a class player and I think with a bit more time then he will go on to great things. As others have said for his debut season at this level he has been great, just imagine the player we will have on our hands once he has more experience and knows the league better. 

If we can secure Teileman to play alongside/behind JM then the future is going to be exciting. 

Amazing what a new manager can do with so little time, I for one am a excited lcfc fan. 

Edited by browniefox

2 hours ago, lcfc matt said:

I do not take orders from anyone as for being caught out tell me exactly what I’ve been caught out on.just because I’m not on the Maddison bandwagon doesn’t mean I don’t have a right to be here.l love my club and love my team.and will not be told what to do by someone that thinks his opinion is more valued than mine.ive tried to explain my points but it’s like talking to a brick wall.this forum is supposed to be a place to share opinions regarding football.

Mate I think there comments are slight "banter".  No one is saying that you cannot have an opinion ,they are just disagreeing with yours.  Free speech doesn't mean you can just say what you want without comeback.  It means you can say what you want and that others can challenge it.  Comments like "log out" are just silly and I think you have taken them a little too seriously.  Some of your criticisms of him seem a little over the top or without factual basis and people are challenging you on that.  They are not saying you cannot have an opinion but they want to challenge your beliefs.  Some folk may have gone over the top but some of your comments bordered on personally offensive towards Maddison and some people think that is not on.  What actual facts and statistics do you have to back up your views of Maddison?  I disagree with most of your comments so far but I am always interested in hearing alternate viewpoints.

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Mate I think there comments are slight "banter".  No one is saying that you cannot have an opinion ,they are just disagreeing with yours.  Free speech doesn't mean you can just say what you want without comeback.  It means you can say what you want and that others can challenge it.  Comments like "log out" are just silly and I think you have taken them a little too seriously.  Some of your criticisms of him seem a little over the top or without factual basis and people are challenging you on that.  They are not saying you cannot have an opinion but they want to challenge your beliefs.  Some folk may have gone over the top but some of your comments bordered on personally offensive towards Maddison and some people think that is not on.  What actual facts and statistics do you have to back up your views of Maddison?  I disagree with most of your comments so far but I am always interested in hearing alternate viewpoints.

I totally respect you disagree and that’s fair enough.i just find him a little frustrating sometimes with his corners that sometimes come to nothing also his freekicks.when other times he can take amazing free kicks like at the weekend same with corners.ive said he’s learning which I totally respect and I’m excited to see what the future holds for him.i just said I think his head is abit to big for his shoulders with certain things he does and he comes across as arrogant sometimes with certain things he does on the pitch.but the best players are arrogant look at pogba he’s got the biggest head around and he’s amazing.as I said I may or used the wrong wrongs at some point that maybe got some peoples backs up but that wasn’t my intention.im a city fan just like you lot I’m one of you so why would I want to purposely winde you up!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Bert if someone said "I think he is overrated and can improve on x, y and z" then of course that is fine.  It is comments like "Swell head, arrogant, complete and utter dogshite, fairy, etc" that gets people's backs up.  it is a classic technique of people that like to troll forums.  Say something offensive, then when you are challenged cry free speech.  I am all for debate about players but let's try not pretend that all criticism is above challenge.  X

I said he was garbage in a game. That was my view. Is that against your rules ?