Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Maddison has the same skills as Mahrez, I don't think so not yet. The fact is Maddison's head has grown out of proportion to his displays. This strutting about having to take the majority of free-kicks and every corner is annoying. He still has a lot to learn and how folk can reckon he's the best thing since sliced bread is beyond me. He's good but indifferent and needs to knuckle down and not think he's the prima donna he clearly isn't!!

What has Maddison done to offend so many fans? ?? Prima Donna? you’re chatting absolute horse sh*t fella 

Edited by lcfcell
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Maddison has the same skills as Mahrez, I don't think so not yet. The fact is Maddison's head has grown out of proportion to his displays. This strutting about having to take the majority of free-kicks and every corner is annoying. He still has a lot to learn and how folk can reckon he's the best thing since sliced bread is beyond me. He's good but indifferent and needs to knuckle down and not think he's the prima donna he clearly isn't!!

I imagine there's an awful lot that's beyond you. He clearly isn't a prima donna? So his attitude's fine, then? Your opinion of his attitude and supposed ego is also about as far from being a fact as is actually possible, which is impressive. 

28 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I think you are being incredibly harsh here. Is he the finished article? No. Is he one of the most exciting prospects we've had at this club for a long time? Yes.

Your "strutting about" could equally be called "self-confidence."

Some of the very best players have had about them a certain cockiness, a touch of arrogance. He's got quick feet and quick football brain to go with it. Yes he needs to work hard and to continue to improve but right now  £22 million or whatever we paid for him is looking a bargain.

We've asked an awful lot of a young man with little Premier League experience and who, until the arrival of Tielemans, has had to carry the creative side of the team almost single handedly. Considering his young age and relative lack of experience at the top level I'd say he's done pretty well so far.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I thought he was in tears after he scored, and that you could see the lads are a bit phased by it, although supportive. They were almost keeping him in the middle of the group and protecting him, while he regained his composure. I was moved but...

No one else mentioned it, so maybe I was guilty of over-interpretation.:dunno:

I thought the same, looks like Vards gave him a little peck on the forehead too :wub:

james-maddison-of-leicester-city-celebra

Edited by brucey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Another bizarre post about Maddison. What has he done to people? Do you know he’s a big head? If so how?

Regarding him taking set pieces, do you not think he might have been ASKED TO? I doubt he’s first on the scene unless that’s been decided beforehand.

Stop writing crap mate. Seriously,

You seem to forget, mate, we are entitled to our own opinion. You have stated yours and me mine. And I wouldn't stoop to say you write crap!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I didn't realise I'd upset so many Maddison luvvies. The fact is we are all entitled to our own opinion and just because it differs from others doesn't mean to say it's incorrect. Move on!!

Yeah but when it's obviously clearly wrong, you can be called out about it lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Cujek
1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

I didn't realise I'd upset so many Maddison luvvies. The fact is we are all entitled to our own opinion and just because it differs from others doesn't mean to say it's incorrect. Move on!!

It isn't that you are upsetting Maddison "luvvies" I think that after how things have been it's a bit tough to hear a fan of leicester city slagging off one of our young players with no basis in fact or reality.

8 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

You seem to forget, mate, we are entitled to our own opinion. You have stated yours and me mine. And I wouldn't stoop to say you write crap!!

Whatever your opinion, knowing what 'indifferent' and 'prima donna' actually mean would help you put it across

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Leave him on Free kicks

But would it not be a good idea to give someone else a go on corners baring in mind how many times we have scored

image.thumb.png.5791188a93a1cd21832138bb646a0dd8.png

his delivery is the best we've had in years I'd say its time someone else organised our set pieces seeing as how crap we are both attacking them and defending them

• Like 1

It's actually mental.  Not a single person has provided evidence to show he has a bad attitude.  Not one.  You'd think there'd at least be the odd pap shot of him passed out outside a nightclub a la Grealish if all these people had anything remotely resembling a point (and even then it would just prove that he's a young lad no different to the rest of them bar his bank balance). It's sad, get over whatever your hang up is and start supporting the team fgs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

JMgoal-Watf.JPG.2cf28801d0c5630033d1cab79770bb98.JPG

JMassist-BHA.JPG.733945a386b45ad503c710a486b6b492.JPG

JMgoal-Hud.JPG.ab5af0e526bc57d66bf2425afca531f3.JPG

JMgoal-Burnl.JPG.683c7713353bcb1e58a65d68c78c9937.JPG

JMgoal-bourn.JPG.01af6b46b0d4a24519e8979109c0b95d.JPG

1330472931_goalsAs.JPG.ab81bbe7e301cda1aea444fba332ac55.JPG

JM-10.JPG.d6b7edfc4cffd5e8513af68aff577036.JPG

These comments are stupidly baffling. And they all came arou the same time. This is what you call typical knee jerk reactions to a player who has all the potential in the world. 

I for one am thankful he's a Leicester player. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He’s a good lad by all accounts. I like him. Perhaps because he usually exudes confidence some people don’t like it. A lot of people find confidence threatening. 

I think you're partially right here. 

I'm not sure it's his 'attitude' that some fans have an issue with, but maybe more the way he looks and dresses along with his social media presence and all the modern, Spursy goal celebration stuff.

There's probably a bit of jealousy in there too which is a bit sad.

FWIW, I think the kid is clearly talented and could go all the way with the right coaching and support. By no means the finished article but he's on the right track and I'm glad he's at LCFC and not one of our rivals..

Why do we keep having to put our young talented players down so severely and so often?  

Our young squad is not full of finished articles (in fact some players were even thought to just be “finished” although we keep being proven wrong) but there clearly is talent.  Maddison will not be the same player either if he was less “cocky”, and it’s good to see he’s not scared of trying the odd trick, pass, or shot.  I’m not saying we should never criticise, as no-one would learn, but some “opinions” on here are totally unjustified.

I don’t know how many have seen this clip but it shows me that us fans should always support the team, especially the younger players who we know have talent...

Edited by car1os
  • Like 1

On 17/03/2019 at 10:57, Lovejoy said:

Really don’t get the stick he takes at times given what he can do. When you consider someone like Albrighton gets rimmed by our fans despite having nowhere near the impact this season, I can only assume it’s because people believe he has the talent to go right to the top?

Albrighton isn’t up his own backside and doesn’t try to showboat and prance around like a fairy he keeps his football simple.but once again the Maddison lovers won’t appreciate my comments but hey ho.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

Albrighton isn’t up his own backside and doesn’t try to showboat and prance around like a fairy he keeps his football simple.but once again the Maddison lovers won’t appreciate my comments but hey ho.

Albrighton has never scored more than 6 goals in a premier league season either. Maddison is on 6, he’s 21 and we’ve still got 8 or so games to go. 

• Like 3