Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Don't get why we all now think he's not coming here? Just because some Brighton journalist said Brighton were still interested? What have I missed?

The guy with Iran's flag for his avatar said it's off. Not sure what more "proof" or "evidence" you could want.

2 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I think we should pay £60 million and get Zaha in. 

I know we need creativity and Zaha is capable of that but the thought of what would effectively be a straight swap of Mahrez for Zaha makes me feel a little ill. 

• Like 1

I think that any player we get in has to be a clear improvement on Gray and Diabate otherwise we may as well trust in the development of those two.  I'm not sure that this guy is.

Edited by murphy

20 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think that any player we get in has to be a clear improvement on Gray and Diabate otherwise we may as well trust in the development of those two.  I'm not sure that this guy is.

How anyone can make an objective assessment of Diabate based on so few appearances and opportunities last season baffles me. I have seen him already written off on here in some posts. 

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

How anyone can make an objective assessment of Diabate based on so few appearances and opportunities last season baffles me. I have seen him already written off on here in some posts. 

One thing is for sure, Diabate is already better than Gray. 

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

Diabate and Gray are two incredibly promising prospects for City. While both had some involvement last season, I think we will start to see more of a return from them this year now that Riyad has gone. I imagine psychologically it's tough to bring your best game if you know you're likely to be competing with someone as gifted and experienced as Mahrez; same thing has happened to plenty of wingers at Chelsea who've had to compete with Hazard. Diabate particularly towards the end of last season showed a directness and pace that should be a great asset this season. 

Just now, SecretPro said:

We do always seem a bit tight when it comes to the crunch. Can never understand this. 

Hahahaa you're joking me? We dish out way more in wages than we probably should do. The salaries the likes of Musa, Slimani and co are in is frightening.

• Like 2