Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

Guest Markyblue
48 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Both the ends being done first? :o

Surely doing the 2 ends and then building up the east stand to them wouldn't make any sense construction wise.?

49 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Surely doing the 2 ends and then building up the east stand to them wouldn't make any sense construction wise.?

Like i posted a few pages back, see the ground plans for Tigers thats the only i can explain it from what I've been told.

The only thing of our  current ground youll see is the main stand. 

They'll be some sort of over hang between the top tier of the east stand and the lower 

webwelfdrdnew1.gif

images.jpg

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So, unlike the Welford Road design where the roof of the ends slopes quite low, ours will go from the West Stand (exixting height) sloping up to the roof of the new East Stand ??

Yes, i tried to draw it but failed massively. The roof has some sort of curve in it too

30 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

Basically it sounds like this what we're getting. Google "Suprastadio"

https://sportsvenuebusiness.com/index.php/2017/06/03/dresden-home-worlds-first-suprastadio/

Basically, an incredibly steep, high stand where all seats are still near to the pitch. Looks amazing.

Looks plausible. Now if we could get the 10K capacity terrace that they've got as well :whistle:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sylofox said:

It depends what you class long term. Some on here give the impression it will be done in 18 months. Realistically it will be 3/4yrs. But I don't think they mean 10yrs.

I think your more than likely right if the aren't going to close the ground and the are planning alteration to 3 side, it's going to take some time.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Doing some digging into Dresden's expansion:

I can't see more than one new tier especially behind the goals but the far end on that mockup looks sensible. 

stadion_dresden03.jpg

stadion_dresden01.jpg

That seem reasonable, and from what Ashley say it would appear the would be a sloping down of the roof on both ends to met the main stand.