Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

I hope they find a better way to segregate the away fans than losing hundreds of seats by covering them with a sheet. 

Filbert Street was just a waist heigh barrier with stewards either side and wider stairs and the only trouble I ever had was some Forest fans throwing a pie at me. 

It missed and hit the lads behind but that’s not the point. 

On 23/08/2018 at 22:59, ealingfox said:

To be fair if someone's doing it to sell for profit aren't they just going to ignore that system and sell it for profit anyway? Or am I missing something? Unless the person who bought it ratted them out I can't initially see how they'd get caught.

No, not alot can be done about people selling for Profit but there's a lot that don't. For people like me if I can't make a game nor my dad or bro-in-law or anyone else close to me then it's wasted. I can't sell the ticket if I wanted as it's on a ST card so it's lost revenue to the club.. they won't feel the benefit of extra income from potential merchandise or food and drink sales.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I hope they find a better way to segregate the away fans than losing hundreds of seats by covering them with a sheet. 

Filbert Street was just a waist heigh barrier with stewards either side and wider stairs and the only trouble I ever had was some Forest fans throwing a pie at me. 

It missed and hit the lads behind but that’s not the point. 

Were you wearing a red tracksuit in the concourse? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

No, not alot can be done about people selling for Profit but there's a lot that don't. For people like me if I can't make a game nor my dad or bro-in-law or anyone else close to me then it's wasted. I can't sell the ticket if I wanted as it's on a ST card so it's lost revenue to the club.. they won't feel the benefit of extra income from potential merchandise or food and drink sales.

You'd think they could come up with something. Like you, if I can't go I give my ticket away to friends or family. I'm not going to sell it to some random, but if I could go on a website and tell the club "I'm not going to this game", they could refund me a percentage of the pro rata price, or credit for buying merchandise or something, and then sell it at full price to another punter. 

1 hour ago, thesilverfox said:

It's not exactly like Dresden's, but using the new Suprastadio technology to increase capacity without massively increasing the footprint of the stadium.

Like this, although not as many tiers. Very similar to what @Babylon drew a few days ago I believe..

933042_orig.jpg

They'll be lots of tears before this is all built and finished.

3 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

It's not exactly like Dresden's, but using the new Suprastadio technology to increase capacity without massively increasing the footprint of the stadium.

Like this, although not as many tiers. Very similar to what @Babylon drew a few days ago I believe..

933042_orig.jpg

So are you guessing or have you been told?

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I can foresee it looking a bit like Brighton's stadium from the inside. 

Yeah kind of but bigger. 

It all looks exciting and visually appealing but isn't the idea of these suprastadios to pack more seats in more efficiently in less space than would otherwise be necessary?

I already find the seating to be a little tight and in winter when I've got layers on & a big coat its a very tight squeeze indeed. Wonder if I can get one of those nice blue Recaro car seats they have at the front ;)

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

No

Think that it's not a good idea to implement safe standing procedures in a new expansion build; as I doubt the club's main reason to build one is to have one of the best safe standing stands around.

The safe standing argument can get quite tiresome - just because you wish to stand with your mates etc and support the team as well as you can, it doesn't mean the ones sitting down aren't supporting them on and not being effective.

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The safe standing argument can get quite tiresome - just because you wish to stand with your mates etc and support the team as well as you can, it doesn't mean the ones sitting down aren't supporting them on and not being effective.

If you're singing you're more actively supporting the team than somebody that isn't. If you're standing up you're more likely to sing.