Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

Looking at Cardiffs crappy expansion on the side stand im thinking maybe it would be best to go for a two or three sided expansion but with the upper tier being much smaller than the lower. Much like the BayArena and Merecedes Benz stadiums in Germany.

On 01/10/2018 at 15:01, Muzzy_no7 said:

Looking at Cardiffs crappy expansion on the side stand im thinking maybe it would be best to go for a two or three sided expansion but with the upper tier being much smaller than the lower. Much like the BayArena and Merecedes Benz stadiums in Germany.

I wouldn't worry - it sounds like the plans for our expansion include a new roof for the north and south stands. It almost certainly won't look as bad as Cardiff's.

• Like 4

Don’t quote me but I had heard from someone who says he knows someone working on the initial consultation plans that due to the fact the west stand cannot be developed one idea muted on the table was to do a spurs style build and rebuild the ground spun 90 degrees as they have purchased the land next to the stadium (the old electricity building and car park)

we wouldn’t need to move out because a 3 sided stadium can be built and then accommodate everyone whilst the old stadium demolished and a the 4th stand erected giving a capacity of 48,000 people

This would give lots more corporate function space increasing revenue but for me this would potentially give the stadium a unique look rather than the soulless bowl we currently have 

? it’s true 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

Don’t quote me but I had heard from someone who says he knows someone working on the initial consultation plans that due to the fact the west stand cannot be developed one idea muted on the table was to do a spurs style build and rebuild the ground spun 90 degrees as they have purchased the land next to the stadium (the old electricity building and car park)f

Gg

we wouldn’t need to move out because a 3 sided stadium can be built and then accommodate everyone whilst the old stadium demolished and a the 4th stand erected giving a capacity of 48,000 people

This would give lots more corporate function space increasing revenue but for me this would potentially give the stadium a unique look rather than the soulless bowl we currently have 

? it’s true 

:whistle:

5 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

Don’t quote me but I had heard from someone who says he knows someone working on the initial consultation plans that due to the fact the west stand cannot be developed one idea muted on the table was to do a spurs style build and rebuild the ground spun 90 degrees as they have purchased the land next to the stadium (the old electricity building and car park)

? it’s true 

Yep!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-35752099

On 07/10/2018 at 20:33, Great Boos Up said:

I met someone last week who plausibly validated his statement and he saw an arch in the plans. I think he meant like Wembley.

i met someone too, that im clearly making up and that we are planning an arch in the shape of a vagina.

8 hours ago, Mark - Reading said:

? it’s true 

If it's souless blame the fans not the structure. You shouldn't even notice where you're sitting or standing.

That's not to say it's pretty bland architecturally (fits in with a lot of modern Leicester buildings) especially the USSR cold war Cov Sky blue frontage lookalike.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Is he sure someone didn't just spill their coffee?

Yes. He asked me if I could keep some details it in strictest confidence and as I'm an honest man I said I couldn't . So the conversation ended with me jesting do we have a cheese room?

Maybe he meant an arch stand? I don't know but nice to hear plans have been drawn up.

As regards the current stadium, to call it "soulless" is a little unfair. Yes it certainly good be more adventurous architecturally, but the glass facade of the West Stand is very nice. I think the facilities and concourses would have been much better had we not run out of money during construction.

Also factor in that we probably moved the shortest distance possible by any stadium move meaning that everyone's pre match routines (pubs, cafes etc) could remain unchanged, unlike say Bolton who moved right away from their town centre or West Ham who got decamped to a stadium totally unsuitable for football. Then  you can see how things could have been a whole lot worse for us.

But ultimately any stadium is just bricks and mortar and the "soul" comes from the team, the fans and the memories. The stadium certainly wasn't lacking any soul when we beat United 5-3, or when Vardy's volley flew in, or when we lifted the Premier League trophy, or the Sevilla night.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the plans for the expansion. I would definitely welcome better facilities and a pleasing design would be great!

• Like 4