Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Stadium Expansion Plan Meeting

On 29/08/2018 at 15:19, Bunyip said:

It is within the stadium. And to prove it you stand and watch then throw you out.

I have stood 99% of the time since the new stadium opened thrown out 0 times

On 29/08/2018 at 15:25, Bunyip said:

Well, next time you stand up and refuse to sit down try telling that to the stewards as they throw you out and get you banned. You can then feel all warm and justified that it wasn't illegal.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/standing/the-legalities-of-standing

1 minute ago, tylesta said:

I have stood 99% of the time since the new stadium opened thrown out 0 times

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/standing/the-legalities-of-standing

Also depends where you're sat in the ground though, doesn't it. If I stood up all game smack bang in the middle of the family end, I'm going to be asked to sit. Standing at the back or an edge is different. 

Claiming you've never been chucked out is great, but where you are in the ground changes everything.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If the owners intend to increase the capacity by circa 10,000, and want to do this by increasing just one stand, then we’ll be looking at something like Liverpool’s new main stand :blink:

thats massive!

Multiple people on here have said that isn't the case. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If the owners intend to increase the capacity by circa 10,000, and want to do this by increasing just one stand, then we’ll be looking at something like Liverpool’s new main stand :blink:

thats massive!

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Multiple people on here have said that isn't the case. 

What Sol said.

Seriously our club is in the best postion ever and we're just showing off now in terms of our new training campus and the extended/new stadium. I say new because of what it'll look like and youll hardly see any of the current stadium. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Some have mused about announcements on the day of the England game. whilst Maguire's new contract might be nice to reveal that day, I doubt the FA would be too pleased with a stadium development reveal on the same day as their friendly.  maybe early next week to promote maximum publicity for the club.

Perhaps it will be a day or two before the England match so that commentary teams have an angle to discuss when setting the scene for the TV audience.

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I expect it won’t be too tricky to take them down .......................

I get that, but as an announcement about expansion is imminent i would of thought the club would of incorporated any additions into the development thats going to happen.

Edited by Bristol fox ....

Just now, Bristol fox .... said:

I get that, but as an announcement about expansion is imminent i would of thought the club would of incorporated any additions into the development thats going to happen. 

That’s a long term project which could take 5 years but will hopefully be quicker.  The screens are needed now for those of us of a certain age .............  it can’t  be that expensive to take them down and put them back up again 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

When has anything, ever, been announced the day of a match? And an international too? 

Cant see it. ? slim chance, I’d say.

Initial announcement of this expansion at the Newcastle match: 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/657242/vice-chairman-confirms-king-power-stadium-expansion-ambitions/press-release

Just sayin'

On 08/09/2018 at 10:10, Bristol fox .... said:

Word is that VAR is expected to be used in the Premier League next season, and the owners feel that It is important that we are ready, when that happens, to be able to communicate VAR decisions clearly to our fans.

The current screens have served a purpose, but aren’t seen by our owners as very effective at communicating right across the pitch due to their limited size (And awkward position in the corners).

New screens on a stadium extension wouldn’t be up for 4-5 years, which is 3-4 years too late for the start of VAR.

(On a side note, bigger screens also equals increased advertising revenue.)

• Like 2