Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Recalling Barnes really does mean Natcho is on borrowed time. Seems Puel has no faith in either Oka or Natcho man doing anything this season and so long as Barnes can perform as he has at WBA then they will be permanent bench warmers seeing there is no cup football left.

In other news Robert Huth has announced his retirement from football.

1 minute ago, Bazly said:

Recalling Barnes really does mean Natcho is on borrowed time. Seems Puel has no faith in either Oka or Natcho man doing anything this season and so long as Barnes can perform as he has at WBA then they will be permanent bench warmers seeing there is no cup football left.

In other news Robert Huth has announced his retirement from football.

Is Barnes not a winger though? How does that affect ihaenachos playing time? 

Its also pretty well know that Okazaki is no longer wanted/needed.

2 hours ago, Foxboy said:

You realise this was just his goals. Doesn’t show any link up play, assists or skills. Ihaenacho is good at linking up play, he has shown it a couple times for us. Not enough though you are right. However, I don’t think that’s all his fault, those supporting (or rather not supprting him) need to get the ball into his feet and make runs around him.

Also, if you watch any videos of Jesus’ goals over the last 2 years I’m sure you’ll see that him and ihaenacho both score very similar types of goals. They were good at ghosting into the box and finding little spaces where they could collect the rebound off the post or a spilled ball from the keeper s that they have an “easy tap in”.

Fair points mate. I know that is only his goals but like you say, he’s shown little link up play for us. Then again he’s not suited to being a lone striker so it’s swings and roundabouts. 

I do hope he comes good, for his and our sake. Only time will tell, how much of that he has, I’m not sure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Like Jesus no, but he shows good movement and finishing there, even a burst of pace we've not seen. How people can pretend he's just shit rather than completely lacking in confidence (probably because of a very stop-start first season and the abuse he gets from the fans) baffles. He's 12/13 Vardy, not Roman Bednar.

He definitely has talent and his problems appear to be largely confidence based. But the main difference between him and Vardy is that when Vardy struggled he never hid from the ball, he kept making runs, he kept making mistakes until something worked.

My worry with Nacho is that his response to lack of confidence is to avoid the ball, to avoid being in a position where he might have to shoot and therefore possibly to miss. And if you play like that, you are much less likely to get the lucky break that sorts your head out. 

If he’d gone to Newport and got himself fouled a lot, or made himself available for balls, or challenged for headers, or made clever runs, I think he’d have scored and got on the road to recovery. Unfortunately fear of failure seems to have paralysed him, and I think his time here is up.

We need to buy a number two striker in January, because we need to be winning games and ingraining a way of playing for next year. If we play Nacho, I don’t see how that can happen.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

He definitely has talent and his problems appear to be largely confidence based. But the main difference between him and Vardy is that when Vardy struggled he never hid from the ball, he kept making runs, he kept making mistakes until something worked.

My worry with Nacho is that his response to lack of confidence is to avoid the ball, to avoid being in a position where he might have to shoot and therefore possibly to miss. And if you play like that, you are much less likely to get the lucky break that sorts your head out. 

If he’d gone to Newport and got himself fouled a lot, or made himself available for balls, or challenged for headers, or made clever runs, I think he’d have scored and got on the road to recovery. Unfortunately fear of failure seems to have paralysed him, and I think his time here is up.

We need to buy a number two striker in January, because we need to be winning games and ingraining a way of playing for next year. If we play Nacho, I don’t see how that can happen.

It’s a big shame Iheanacho didn’t bag a brace or summat at Newport. Would have done his confidence the world of good and he looks the archetypal confidence player.

He does look a different player in that video to be honest.

But honestly from what I've seen of him here he looks miles off. He was crap for most of last season as well but we kind of let him off it and gave him another crack. After a promising pre-season it's gone pear shaped.

I just think he's got too many flaws in his game to really succeed for us, or in-fact anyone at this level unless they create a shit load of chances - problem is those teams are capable of signing better strikers than Iheanacho too so he's a bit stuffed.

Even just reading the start of this thread and seeing how much hope we had for him at the start of this season, never mind when he signed, both frustrates and saddens me. I like to continue to have faith in players that they will turn it around. I did with Vardy but I just can’t see it with Iheanacho t

• Like 1

We need another striker but in reality its not going to happen until next season. 

Think we are stuck with him as back up to Vardy for the time being.

Personally I'd like us to get Mitrovic …… young , good player and committed.

If Fulham get relegated it should not be too difficult to tempt him here.

• Like 2

I'd agree with those who thought he'd turned a corner, I was of a similar mind but he's not shown that this season.

Can't see any value at all in playing him when Vardy is fit, or even as a 10. In my view he is a passenger when he plays.

If we lose Vardy to injury long term and he gets a sustained run in the team then maybe that'll be the breakthrough he needs, otherwise he's a difficult problem for a club of our size. Having made such a large investment we would want to give him every chance to come good but I just don't see any sign of it happening here for him here.

Footballer.  Noun.  A person that plays football. Especially as a job.

Lazy cvnt. Noun. A person who pretends to be a footballer but is actually happy to take large sums of money for running around aimlessly on a football pitch. 

Borrowed time. Adjective. The amount of time that a Lazy cvnt has to show that he is not actually a Lazy cvnt but that he is indeed a Footballer.    Also known as the Pull your fvckin finger out period. 

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 08:50, Babylon said:

He's one of them I look at on the pitch with his attitude and body language and wonder if he's doing everything he can to be the best he possibly can be. The amount of times I've seen him just give up, whether it's a tackle, a challenge for a header, a stopped run, a run through on goal. I just never feel like 100% is going into things.

I remember last season, I thought it had clicked with him and mentioned it at the time. Where in one game, he didn't get a call go his way and rather than sulking about and throwing his arms up. He jumped up and went after the ball again, it stood out as it was about the first time he'd showed any sort of desire and he was great that game.

There has got to be more in there from him, he's like Beckford in that sense. I know some players can have a misconception that they are lazy etc but there's no way Iheanacho is content or happy and he seems the sort of player that finds it hard to stay motivated. To a certain extent we saw this with Slimani as well and it's human nature for things to drop when you aren't the main man.

• 3 weeks later...

The header was ridiculous, but before that he got played in down the right hand side and he looked like he was running through treacle. Painfully slow. 

I'd normally be all for giving a young player time, but he really doesn't appear to have enough attributes to even pin any hopes on a major improvement. Hopefully a team in China/Saudi fancies him as think that's the only way we can recoup some decent money. 

• Like 1