Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

Just now, Finnegan said:

I've never seen a player look so desperately short of confidence. The crowd desperately need to get off his back and support him. 

Anyone that believes he's really just that shit does not know football. 

Is he world class? No. But there's plenty worse strikers in the league that contribute for their teams, the Shane Longs, the Calvert Lewins, I mean look at Josh King. He's no better technically than Iheanacho he's just got bags of belief playing for a settled side. 

Lacking confidence is an incredible experience, it can absolutely paralyse your body and mind, as someone with issues with anxiety, being nervous can absolutely shatter even the most basic of motor functions. 

He's never going to get any better with everyone on his back all the time. 

He really, really isn't as shit as half the people act like he is. His performances have been I grant you that but if you really believe that what he contributed today when he came on is the best he can do you need to give your head a wobble.

The lad should have gone out on lone so that he can gain confidence and have a fresh start with us next season.

Once again poor managerial skills

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Nacho in a hole and doesnt have the character to climb out

Shinji in a hole trying desperately to dig himself out

Shinji is ten years older than Nacho with 116 International caps, several world cup campaigns and a premier league medal. 

Iheanacho is a kid. 

Just now, Fox85 said:

The lad should have gone out on lone so that he can gain confidence and have a fresh start with us next season.

Once again poor managerial skills

Quite right ..  but he was our only real JV back up and that’s why he stayed.   Nowt to do with Clod.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Anyone that believes he's really just that shit does not know football. 

We were waiting for something to happen for him all last season, he came alive in the two dead rubber games at the end of the season but apart from that, all I can remember is a few quality through balls to Vardy in his time here. I've less confidence than I have in Gray that he'll amount to anything.

Worst player on the pitch by a clear mile. Barely championship standard today.

Ghezzal/Okazaki/Gray etc have their faults but at least they play with some conviction. Iheanacho is doing absolutely nothing to endear himself to us fans and I think his chances here have about run out.

Just now, Countryfox said:

Quite right ..  but he was our only real JV back up and that’s why he stayed.   Nowt to do with Clod.

Has everything to do with Claude Puel.

Yea not at the standard we should of loaned him out and loaned another striker in or bought one.

I'm not even sure we have attacking coaches at leicester anymore because we can't score for shit

1 minute ago, Mark said:

We were waiting for something to happen for him all last season, he came alive in the two dead rubber games at the end of the season but apart from that, all I can remember is a few quality through balls to Vardy in his time here. I've less confidence than I have in Gray that he'll amount to anything.

We don't disagree often Mark but I genuinely think he'll be the next Kramaric.

I think in a tidy team that creates chances and with a manager willing to put an arm around him and make him a regular starter he'll shine. 

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

We don't disagree often Mark but I genuinely think he'll be the next Kramaric.

I think in a tidy team that creates chances and with a manager willing to put an arm around him and make him a regular starter he'll shine. 

I can't see it, you could tell Kramaric had something about him, clever on the ball, remember his performance away at Arsenal where he looked a class above everyone that day. Iheanacho might poach some goals in a top class side but he won't be returning to one of those, maybe he needs a fresh start in a team that doesn't require him to be involved much. As for the arm around him Shakespeare couldn't work him out and he seemed that kind of person.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Has everything to do with Claude Puel.

Yea not at the standard we should of loaned him out and loaned another striker in or bought one.

I'm not even sure we have attacking coaches at leicester anymore because we can't score for shit

Yes and if you look back you will see that I’ve said about a hundred fookin times that if he’s a confidence player he needs loaning out to get it back ..  but we can not do that if we don’t have a replacement..   and Clod was tasked with cutting the wage bill and shipping out dead wood ...    so, unless he had a direct swap like happened with Silva, then his hands were tied.   So like I said ..   nowt to do with Clod !

He's a decent finisher when he's got some confidence but everything else is shocking. He's not fast, he can't head a ball, he's not good on the ball, doesn't work hard and his movement is awful. I've had enough of him, rather have one of our youth strikers on the bench. 

• Like 2

His defensive header in the wrong box gave us a good laugh though. Still chuckling about it now. 

Having more than 2 brain cells to rub togther inside a skull might’ve helped. I honestly don’t think he’s a pea brain but when I think of this notion together with his antics today I cannot help but laugh ? 

Wrong fvckin box Nacho you play as striker! Poor guy

24 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Someone posted it a while ago. He wasn’t even that prolific at Man City 

Eh? At Man city he got 1281 premier league minutes, and scored 12 from, by my maths, 51 shots (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/289253/History/Kelechi-Iheanacho - 1.1 shots per game, 46 appearances total)

He was absolutely prolific at Man City. But, he had it laid on a plate for him, he could afford not to work in the build up and just poach. He's not got that talent behind him here, and he's got far more pressure on him, rather than a kid treated as a prospect he's constantly compared to Vardy and expected to hit his levels. The fans here really don't help him and it's probably best for his career he goes somewhere else, but he's not a bad player, when he believes in himself and plays in a system that suits him he's very good.

• Like 1

Iheanacho needs a loan out to a championship club as the only option to get any form of confidence back. Problem is we're woefully short in the striking department so its difficult. Okazaki is also not the answer and he needs moving on permanently I'm afraid, not a single goal in over a year. Why we didn't get a striker in January I'll never know, just a short term loan