Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

We don't disagree often Mark but I genuinely think he'll be the next Kramaric.

I think in a tidy team that creates chances and with a manager willing to put an arm around him and make him a regular starter he'll shine. 

Fair play for sticking your neck out on that.

I can't see any comparison at all, he looks absolutely dreadful and I think the only reason he scored goals at City was the service. 

If Hamzas charging back challenge against Liverpool the other day was a thing of beauty, Kelechis flick on header was comedy gold.

He is talented but also lazy, out of form and lacking confidence. He left the best team in England to get regular football with us and the reality he was never gonna get it here, not with Vardy around. Maybe we should loan him out if we can get someone else in that will give us options.

53 minutes ago, MattP said:

Fair play for sticking your neck out on that.

I can't see any comparison at all, he looks absolutely dreadful and I think the only reason he scored goals at City was the service. 

Except there's been plenty of players who've worked with that - Linekar and Cottee come to mind. Neither were particularly good outside the box, both were very good at just finding space and knocking it in given the service. A confident Iheanacho does the same. 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Except there's been plenty of players who've worked with that - Linekar and Cottee come to mind. Neither were particularly good outside the box, both were very good at just finding space and knocking it in given the service. A confident Iheanacho does the same. 

No, he doesn't.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Lineker and Cottee were true goal poachers with the knack of being in the right place at the right time, on the other hand Nacho doesn’t seem to move or know where he should be, it’s instinct and I doubt that’s connected to confidence.

• Like 4

Said it before and I'll say it again, he's totally brainless! 

Easily could have turned in the box and charged towards goal and possibly scored, elects to pass it back then defend his own team's cross.... 

Brain dead sell him in summer if anyone is dumb enough to pay him the big wages we are. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Totally disagree, not old enough to have seen Lineker but Cottee was a very good player, often linked up extremely well outside the box and had a very good football brain. 

Iheanacho doesn't seem to possess any of the qualities he did and is getting worse and worse.

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Lineker and Cottee were true goal poachers with the knack of being in the right place at the right time, on the other hand Nacho doesn’t seem to move or know where he should be, it’s instinct and I doubt that’s connected to confidence.

He knew it at Man City in a less hostile atmosphere with less pressure. He is obviously mentally shot, I don't know what the club is doing about it but they really need a sports psychologist if they've not got one, but I don't think people realise how much confidence matters and how when you're low on it and struggling with yourself, even instinctual and basic things become a lot harder.

• Like 2

Just now, MattP said:

Totally disagree, not old enough to have seen Lineker but Cottee was a very good player, often linked up extremely well outside the box and had a very good football brain. 

Iheanacho doesn't seem to possess any of the qualities he did and is getting worse and worse.

Lineker did nearly all his work in the penalty area, I don’t think he was blessed with any great skill bar the ability to find space, and know how to score, he had pace as well, Nacho unfortunately doesn’t have any of the above, which is a shame because I thought he was a fantastic signing at the time.

Probably reads like I’m doing Lineker a disservice but I’m not and he’ll always be one of my favourite ever City players.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He knew it at Man City in a less hostile atmosphere with less pressure. He is obviously mentally shot, I don't know what the club is doing about it but they really need a sports psychologist if they've not got one, but I don't think people realise how much confidence matters and how when you're low on it and struggling with yourself, even instinctual and basic things become a lot harder.

I’m sure we have a sports psychologist with the amount of money in football I’d be surprised if we hadn’t.

Read he caught a plane from Nigeria and headed to Manchester City and persuaded them to sign him. He wasn't none that much outside Nigeria, seems he's been very lucky, not many footballers just turn up to clubs and get a contract. 

Eventually he got found out by Pep, and we got robbed, who the hell valued him at around £25million!

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m sure we have a sports psychologist with the amount of money in football I’d be surprised if we hadn’t.

I seem to remember he was called Ken Way and Ranieri got rid of him just before the 16/17 season. I don't know if we ever replaced him.

I genuinely don't understand people that say he lacks a football brain, some of the little flicks and chips and touches when he's actually had a bit more self belief and when he's sat at 10 behind Vardy or Slimani have been really quite impressive. 

Honestly, we've seen him play better at 10 linking with Vardy than Maddison played today. 

Maddison at his best? I pick him. But Iheanacho could and should clearly be his immediate back up but we've absolutely decimated his confidence. 

Again, I don't think he's world class but I also think he should be offering far more than Ghezzal, Okazaki and Gray yet his self belief has gotten lower and lower and lower every time he's played. 

10 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Read he caught a plane from Nigeria and headed to Manchester City and persuaded them to sign him. He wasn't none that much outside Nigeria, seems he's been very lucky, not many footballers just turn up to clubs and get a contract. 

Eventually he got found out by Pep, and we got robbed, who the hell valued him at around £25million!

You need to stop reading The Beano mate. Nobody gets a contract at a top European club like that!

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

He clearly hasn't got the nous of Linekar or Cottee, his movement off the ball is dreadful or non existent at times. They both also had a good first touch, he hasn't. He's so far removed from those two greats it's unreal.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He clearly hasn't got the nous of Linekar or Cottee, his movement off the ball is dreadful or non existent at times. They both also had a good first touch, he hasn't. He's so far removed from those two greats it's unreal.

He's clearly got no confidence. People really can't understand the difference between a good player who's been destroyed by the pressure and abuse they face, and a genuinely bad player can they? Iheanacho has quality, you don't post numbers like he did at Man city without that, but he doesn't have the confidence in himself to show it now (just like with most Man Utd players earlier in the season - difference is their players were being bullied by Mourinho, ours are getting it from the fans). A genuinely bad striker is someone like Trevor Benjamin or Collins John (to borrow more names from our past).

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

I’m not sure I agree with that!!

The Josh King comparison was strange. 

King is physical, can hold the ball up, is quick enough and runs the channels. 

Nacho has shown sporadically that he is a decent finisher and occasionally can contribute to some neat interplay. 

What other raw attributes does he have to show even an inkling of hope that he will succeed with us, especially given the way we play? 

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What was up with that corner. Did he try and head it on or did Ghezzal just smash it at him lol 

He tried to flick it on but got it completely wrong. I felt for him at that moment, just summed up his time here.

• Like 1