Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

7 hours ago, MPH said:

well if there is anything Ricardo has taught us is that we have GOT to give players time before judging them... especially considering the new league, new language and new team he has had to adapt to.

Aye, because he was 24 and struggling defensively at the start of the season I had  assumed he would not be good enough. Not as good as Chillers, but yesterday he really held his own in defense.

1 hour ago, Danizen said:

Surprised we haven't seen a condescending 'let's chuck £15m at Leicester for Pereira' post from a fan of one of the big clubs yet. 

It's not January yet so there's still time. 

They can sod off im hoping the only players we sell this January are the fringe players that don’t get a sniff near any game at all !!

Edited by justfoxes

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He's off in Jan 

Really hope not Silva just hadn’t delivered since his comical 14 second late transfer debacle and not given a chance by CP, but by reports always delivers on the training ground!!

Can see this as a will come back and bite us on the arse scenario if he’s sold to another premier league club, but saying that apparently Ranieri wants him at Fulham ?

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Really hope not Silva just hadn’t delivered since his comical 14 second late transfer debacle and not given a chance by CP, but by reports always delivers on the training ground!!

Can see this as a will come back and bite us on the arse scenario if he’s sold to another premier league club, but saying that apparently Ranieri wants him at Fulham ?

But he has? Multiple cup games and the odd premier league game. Look at Mendy and Choudhury, given a start and taken the opportunity presented to them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Seems like Ranieri wants all his old players from Leicester

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

What an absolute cracking goal against Man City, he seems to get better and better every game he plays pity Silva wasn’t put along side to compliment him a player totally under used by CP !!

I think there is a reason he's under used....

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Aye, because he was 24 and struggling defensively at the start of the season I had  assumed he would not be good enough. Not as good as Chillers, but yesterday he really held his own in defense.

Chillers had the whole of last season to improve ... and he was not very good last year defensively if you may recall.  He had a tendency to be out of position, playing players onside in dangerous plays or fouling players unnecessarily in dangerous positions. This year he has been much better. He can still improve.

On from the post above, why can’t we also give Ghezzal a chance. I don’t quite understand the criticism he has been getting from fans here when he has barely played let alone settled down. From what I have seen, he has the raw ingredients to be a great player.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Chillers had the whole of last season to improve ... and he was not very good last year defensively if you may recall.  He had a tendency to be out of position, playing players onside in dangerous plays or fouling players unnecessarily in dangerous positions. This year he has been much better. He can still improve.

Chillers was so shit defensively last season. He also is extremely 1 dimensional going forward which I wouldnt really like to mention (i really wouldnt, because he's been great for us) but for the slating players like Gray get for not being "creative" enough.

Chilwell got given miles of slack for some reason whereas Gray and Iheanacho and Ghezzal get very little

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

How do you know? Silva has also barely played. Only Puel will know as he has his preferences and he sees the players everyday in training.

When he has played hes not been good enough. Hamza was given a chance and took it, same with Mendy. Silva just doesnt seem suited to either us, this league or both. 

Just now, jayfox26 said:

When he has played hes not been good enough. Hamza was given a chance and took it, same with Mendy. Silva just doesnt seem suited to either us, this league or both. 

This is like with Kramaric. 

Some people see the football manageresque lure of the name and are desperate for their success. 

Both Kram and Silva, and countless others too, are good players in their own right. They're just not the right player at the right time. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Some people see the football manageresque lure of the name and are desperate for their success. 

Both Kram and Silva, and countless others too, are good players in their own right. They're just not the right player at the right time. 

Exactly, Kram is the kind of player we'd love right now. But he came to us at the wrong time.

Silva is a great player, just things haven't worked as they should

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Exactly, Kram is the kind of player we'd love right now. But he came to us at the wrong time.

Silva is a great player, just things haven't worked as they should

We'd have to be bastards to have held Kramaric back until we changed our style. 

And same with Silva. No doubt he'll go elsewhere and be a roaring success. 

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We'd have to be bastards to have held Kramaric back until we changed our style. 

And same with Silva. No doubt he'll go elsewhere and be a roaring success. 

It would've been poor to have held him here like you say. But in his interviews he speaks highly of us, and the time he spent here. 

The entire circumstances with Silva kinda set him out to fail. I'd love him to be a success, but I don't see it. A big sign is the fact I haven't seen him at the games (tunnel cam) and his Instagram posts are always with Benny doing something when the games are on.

35 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I agree. I'm not saying Silva isn't a good player, hes just not the right player for us and I'm not sure hes suited for the premier league. Many other players do well in other leagues but struggle in the prem. I know he hasn't played loads but in the games he has played I've seen nothing from him that suggests he should be in the team ahead of Mendy, Ndidi or Hamza.