Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

I wonder if playing Ricardo on the wing and Simpson at RB or someone else if he moves on could become a good tactic for us, I can’t remeber Simpson being beat yesterday? He’s still a good defender 

Edited by lcfcell

He is everywhere and gets stuck in. The only thing I am concerned about is that he gets quite a few knocks each game and can get injured one day soon (touch wood). He is too quick for defenders and consequently is often at the end of some tough mistimed tackles. 

33 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

I wonder if playing Ricardo on the wing and Simpson at RB or someone else if he moves on could become a good tactic for us, I can’t remeber Simpson being beat yesterday? He’s still a good defender 

First half showed how much we missed pereira at full back. Simpson going forward offered nothing but he did protect Evans and defend well but I’d expect the same from big dan who’s just signed a new contract. Can see Simpson at a Brighton or Cardiff (would be a brilliant signing for them).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

He is everywhere and gets stuck in. The only thing I am concerned about is that he gets quite a few knocks each game and can get injured one day soon (touch wood). He is too quick for defenders and consequently is often at the end of some tough mistimed tackles. 

agree with this although he does seem like the kind of guy that just gets up and gets on with it though and takes them as they come, some people are built differently but you are right one of these tackles could easily go the other way and do serious damage.

15 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Honestly, he is Kante levels of good. One of those players that you think "he is too good for us" - only going to be a matter of time before a 'big' club snaps him up, sadly.

This is exactly what I’ve been thinking lately, if he gets better throughout the second half of the season I can see a stupid money bid during the summer

On 02/01/2019 at 15:17, Charl91 said:

Honestly, he is Kante levels of good. One of those players that you think "he is too good for us" - only going to be a matter of time before a 'big' club snaps him up, sadly.

Should he maintain this level of performances, he's got a real chance to become the league's best RB. I can see bids incoming this summer already.

We'll tell them to feck off as always but after that it could be tough to keep him.

10 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Should he maintain this level of performances, he's got a real chance to become the league's best RB. I can see bids incoming this summer already.

We'll tell them to feck off as always but after that it could be tough to keep him.

We're starting to put together some very desirable young players and it's only natural others may be interested. However, where they are now, they're all getting a chance, unlike other young Chelsea or Man United young players for example. By being played, they are already getting into say the England set up and with the recent exposure he's had,  I certainly wouldn't be too surprised if Pereira moves ahead of Cedric in the Portuguese set up. There are some good sensible career reasons to sign or stay with us at the moment and get regular football. They could even get into Europe together given a little bit more time to develop. We have no need to sell yet wouldn't be overly surprised to see Harry go. If he did though we'd get a fee and have replacements in place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We're starting to put together some very desirable young players and it's only natural others may be interested. However, where they are now, they're all getting a chance, unlike other young Chelsea or Man United young players for example. By being played, they are already getting into say the England set up and with the recent exposure he's had,  I certainly wouldn't be too surprised if Pereira moves ahead of Cedric in the Portuguese set up. There are some good sensible career reasons to sign or stay with us at the moment and get regular football. They could even get into Europe together given a little bit more time to develop. We have no need to sell yet wouldn't be overly surprised to see Harry go. If he did though we'd get a fee and have replacements in place.

Amen to that. He'd still walk in quite a few starting XI of the top 6 if he keeps going on like this though. His versatility makes him even more desirable. We certainly can agree that we won't sell him any time soon but it would surprising that the likes of Chelsea, United or Arsenal aren't keeping an eye on him.

On 02/01/2019 at 15:17, Charl91 said:

70022dcb957e4f2e9e21f79dfc25342e.jpg

He kante get that good, only kante kan.

On 02/01/2019 at 06:20, OhYesNdidi said:

First half showed how much we missed pereira at full back. Simpson going forward offered nothing but he did protect Evans and defend well but I’d expect the same from big dan who’s just signed a new contract. Can see Simpson at a Brighton or Cardiff (would be a brilliant signing for them).

Pereira in front of Simpson worked wonders against Man City once that sub was made and did just fine against Everton.

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

Whoever spotted him - fair play. Wonderful footballer and bound to be an absolute star for club and country. 

It's mad to think in the modern day you can still find gems like this. Hadn't really heard of him before we signed him. 

I'm not totally sure, but I think Puel might have spot him when he trained him for two years at Nice.

And to be fair, he was not really an hidden gem, he played in France and Portugal, the 5th and 6tth best leagues in the world, even in Champions League with Porto and is a Portuguese international who played the World Cup.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yks said:

I'm not totally sure, but I think Puel might have spot him when he trained him for two years at Nice.

And to be fair, he was not really an hidden gem, he played in France and Portugal, the 5th and 6tth best leagues in the world, even in Champions League with Porto and is a Portuguese international who played the World Cup.

Ain't it a matter of record he signed because of Puel. 

• Like 1