Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Ricardo Pereira

36 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Still surprised we got him... makes you wonder what the heck some of the 'bigger' teams are doing in terms of recruitment, notably Utd who had a summer spree of Dalot, Fred and Lee Grant. Think we all know Ricky P could play at Utd and any of the top teams.

He worked with Puel at Nice so I imagine that had some sway.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Still surprised we got him... makes you wonder what the heck some of the 'bigger' teams are doing in terms of recruitment, notably Utd who had a summer spree of Dalot, Fred and Lee Grant. Think we all know Ricky P could play at Utd and any of the top teams.

I said the same thing to my friends when we were linked with him that I couldn’t see him coming to Leicester. I thought he would end up with one of the top teams 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 49er said:

The way he is playing he would keep Mane and Sane quiet if they were both playing left wing:D

He was great, but it was also important that he had Hamza to help out. The decision to introduce Simpson so that Ricardo could roam forward was also masterclass. 

Don't like the self-congratulatory posts in here. I'm over the moon he's looked our best player recently but that's what a £22m player should look like. Admittedly, it was only his first few games but defensively he looked abysmal early on and it wasn't wrong too have concerns about his ability in a league held be tested more often in a worse side.

He's a cracking player. No stronger endorsement for me that a Chelsea fan said "I'd kill for both of your full backs" and I consider him sensible as well. He struggled a little early doors but it was always clear he was a talent worth persisting with. A big reason we've won this last two games.

Puel's best signing for me, and one that you can largely attribute to Puel himself.

• Like 2

After the first 3 games I wrote a post saying that I think he’d end up the best right back the club had ever had. I decided not to post it as it was a tad eager. The next few games he dropped off and I was glad I hadn’t posted. And felt stupid for considering it.

Looking back now, I think it could end up to be true. His development in the last few weeks has been incredible, his attacking skills have never been in question but his defensive displays have been top draw for the last 6/7 games. I just hope he sticks around long enough for us to see if he could be the best rb we’ve ever had.

I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that we’ve played so well in the last 2 games and Chillys been back for both.  We are incredibly lucky to have these 2 as fbs

Edited by Lambert09

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Don't like the self-congratulatory posts in here. I'm over the moon he's looked our best player recently but that's what a £22m player should look like. Admittedly, it was only his first few games but defensively he looked abysmal early on and it wasn't wrong too have concerns about his ability in a league held be tested more often in a worse side.

It should really just be a lesson in how players from foreign leagues take time to adapt. 

• Like 2

He won't go to the deluded Man C. Judging by the comments on 'bluemoon'. lol

The amount of worldies we concede is an absolute joke.

And from joke players as well. Andros Fcuking Townsend, Jeffrey Schlupp and Ricardo Pereira. And not to mention Alex Fcuking Oxlade-Chamberlain