Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Puel's stubbornness is a bit baffling in that regard. Lets Ndidi play regularly with mixed results, but won't opt for either Iborra or Silva as valuable alternatives in order to improve competition for places.

Ndidi and Mendy are set to start forever now, it seems. Whilst Mendy kicked off the season in style, he's regressed a bit lately. And Ndidi is apparently exempt from criticism completely - despite being rather ineffective in recent games.

6 games..!!!

Puel's stubbornness is a bit baffling in that regard. Lets Ndidi play regularly with mixed results, but won't opt for either Iborra or Silva as valuable alternatives in order to improve competition for places.

Ndidi and Mendy are set to start forever now, it seems. Whilst Mendy kicked off the season in style, he's regressed a bit lately. And Ndidi is apparently exempt from criticism completely - despite being rather ineffective in recent games.

Dont know if you been to any games recently .. but mendy has been playing very well...

We know that wilf is an asset.  Playing mendy with wilf is the least if our challenges right now.

I fear silva isnt going to be a prem payer if note. ..wish it were different. ..

3 hours ago, Ricey said:

I maintain that there is no way Silva is really this sloppy with his passing. There is no way he's got to where he is in his career giving the ball away this much.

I find it staggering that we spent £22M on him and bust a gut to get his registration sorted, only to then not give him a run of games sufficient enough for him to adapt and settle in.

We are doing the same with Ricardo. Play him at RB and let him learn.

Especially given Chilwell and Gray have essentially learnt on the job for nearly a whole season of fcuk up's and crap games. Chilwell it's bearing fruit with but other players have not been afforded anywhere near the same level of game time given the performances were so erratic.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Why so odd ? both came here with high reputations and neither has come up to expectations. Kante was with us for one season and one season only so rather bad wording and an odd comparison from you too. Did Inler play after Kante went ? no he didn't because he was crap. The club could not wait to get rid of him.

Inler left the club because he wanted regular football - which he got at Besiktas (initially).

Comparing a 31-year old who came to the club for relatively little money (in today's market) and who probably had the most difficult competition in midfield with an N'Golo Kanté on fire to Adrien Silva in his prime at £22m is odd, yes.

Different circumstances altogether.

Edited by MC Prussian

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Dont know if you been to any games recently .. but mendy has been playing very well...

We know that wilf is an asset.  Playing mendy with wilf is the least if our challenges right now.

I fear silva isnt going to be a prem payer if note. ..wish it were different. ..

Mendy has played very well at the very beginning, but faded a little in recent games.

And like I've said, Ndidi seems to evade all (justified) criticism - for various reasons. I think he needs to be benched for a little while, with either Iborra or Silva taking over temporarily.

In Wilfred's defense, I can't tell how much he's still hampered by the thigh injury sustained at the end of last season.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Especially given Chilwell and Gray have essentially learnt on the job for nearly a whole season of fcuk up's and crap games. Chilwell it's bearing fruit with but other players have not been afforded anywhere near the same level of game time given the performances were so erratic.

Those two are young and inexperienced so you’d expect them to not be the finished article.  Silva is supposed to be just that.  The finished article.  Players of the quality he is supposed to be, shouldn’t need settling periods but even if you take that away, there’s no excuse for some of the wayward passing that Silva is guilty of and the time he takes over controlling it and getting it out of his feet is actually just embarrassing.

As someone else mentioned, what is he?  I can’t really tell what kind of midfielder he’s supposed to be as he doesn’t seem to be particularly good at anything.

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Inler left the club because he wanted regular football - which he got at Besiktas (initially).

Comparing a 31-year old who came to the club for relatively little money (in today's market) and who probably had the most difficult competition in midfield with an N'Golo Kanté on fire to Adrien Silva in his prime at £22m is odd, yes.

Different circumstances altogether.

Inler left the club because he was not good enough to break into the side, nothing to do with one season Kante he was here for more than one season. Silver also has competition for a midfield spot and currently has no chance of dislodging anyone in our midfield. last night displayed should tell you all the reasons why. My comparison is that they were and are both bad buys.

Edited by Bunyip

2 hours ago, murphy said:

I think it is a good comparison and he cost  8m euros.

Inler wasn't just kept out of the team by Kante, he was kept out of the team by being shit.  Andy King was ahead of him.

It is a good comparison, because he was anther continental midfielder arriving with a big reputation in his late twenties and just couldn't get to grips with the premier league.  Just like Silva it would seem.

We can argue about the exact transfer fee, but Inler was by large cheaper than Silva, cost a fourth to a third less.

He was mainly kept out of the team because Kanté had a brilliant season, he wasn't as "shit" as some are trying to make him out.

Again, Inler arrived at the club at age 31.

Also, it boils down to managerial preference, it seems. Mendy's played under Puel before...

Edited by MC Prussian

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Inler left the club because he was not good enough to break into the side, nothing to do with one season Kante he was here for more than one season. Silver also has competition for a midfield spot and currently has no chance of dislodging anyone in our midfield. last night displayed should tell you all the reasons why. My comparison is that they were and are bad buys.

Well, we can agree to disagree.

Inler left the club because he came to LCFC under the illusion (or promise) that he'd play regularly, a promise Ranieri couldn't keep with the emergence of Kanté.

Inler left the club after one season.

Silva isn't a bad buy. If he played more often (just like the case with Iborra), I'm sure he'd improve and silence some of his most fierce critics.

As it stands, Puel can only play two central (defensive) midfielders and prefers youngsters.

There are multiple other reasons why players are kept out of the team.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Well, we can agree to disagree.

Inler left the club because he came to LCFC under the illusion (or promise) that he'd play regularly, a promise Ranieri couldn't keep with the emergence of Kanté.

Inler left the club after one season.

Silva isn't a bad buy. If he played more often (just like the case with Iborra), I'm sure he'd improve and silence some of his most fierce critics.

As it stands, Puel can only play two central (defensive) midfielders and prefers youngsters.

There are multiple other reasons why players are kept out of the team.

Ok we can indeed agree to disagree. I respect your point of view. And I hope you view of Silva turns out correct for both him and the club.:thumbup:

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We can argue about the exact transfer fee, but Inler was by large cheaper than Silva, cost a fourth to a third less.

He was mainly kept out of the team because Kanté had a brilliant season, he wasn't as "shit" as some are trying to make him out.

Again, Inler arrived at the club at 31.

Also, it boils down to managerial preference, it seems. Mendy's played under Puel before...

Well I agree that Inler cost significantly less than Silva, but that is not the point of the comparison.  The point is that he was another continental midfield player with a big reputation that failed.

You have always been an Inler apologist, perhaps because you may have seen more of him when he was good in the Italian League but he failed here.

Forget about Kante, Andy King made 25 league appearances for us during Inler's 1 year here.  Inler made 5, mainly at the start of the season when Claudio was trying to get him into the team so he was behind King in the pecking order.

He was moved on the following year, he may have wanted to go for regular football, but he was under contract here.  It wasn't his decision to make.  The club wanted him gone as it was clear he had nothing to offer in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Wrong..you are making thoughts into fact weaknesses ....This is your opinion.

I see,we have the Squad we have...time to put players in their position of strengths.Spend in round holes...codswallop..

They are profi- footballers,Silva ,Iborra..mendy,not a full PL season,behind them...So we give up and get relegated,because you think

It's all wrong....

No this squad is better,than your projected weaknesses....Profi-footballers are more astute,than the negative fans wish of them!!!!

....not too sure what your talking about!!!

Once again you are off on a incoherent rant. Who has talked about relegation!!!!

Yes they are professional footballers and as such have the basic skill sets and knowledge that goes with years of coaching. That however does not stop Ricardo not knowing when to hold his position exposing the centre backs leaving acres of space to be exploit.by the opposition. I stand by my assertion that Iborra is too slow and Silva has yet to prove that he should be in this team.

Again and again...Some posters who put Puels job on the line,and have the audacity to throw disdain over 3-4 players .Building up a lack

of quality within those players,who have not yet seen 6 months in the PL....

Silva wasn't that bad last night,but I want also to see better play,and command of the ball.He was too loose,and fair critic is warranted.

Vardy hasn't been so clinical in his games,and he's had the service,but non of us would question rightly that he shouldn't be first choice.

Knowing we might expect him to slip a bit....

Silva hasn't not the ground running...but he has the character, quality and skill set we need. He unlike the youngsters needs to show more,

and yes quicker, in taking up the challenge.!! We want him to be the experienced player,Like Iborra that helps on the pitch,to bring the young-guns on,while still

Displaying his experience and Talent....

Just look around the PL, how many midfielders,WBack,defenders from foreign shores,not the ground  running and keep it going,

The first season...Manutd,Man.city,Spurs,L'pool,Arsenal...have a long list of players they are still waiting for...

They can wait,for their talent ,and experienced players to play themselves into the Pl  hierachy!!

Teams like Leicester,also have to realise that their level of foreign playing staff,therefore also need their share of time.

With decent runs and gametime,in the team.I

Mendy is not yet a write in,and Ndidi these 6 games,also not as much as we all would desperately want to him to be...!!

This is our squad,not perfect,with failings,but Puel is slowly,getting this more than decent squad into shape,what roles

those individuals will play,are still open and like any good squad they have to compete for their place,while being respected from

Witnin...hopefully also from the fans.   

This IMO silly stance of attacking all and sundry,is laughable and becoming pathetic.

Game critic I understand but this forum especially has had form,and been wrong on quite a few legends,and store rooms of

Humble Pie,have already been served and gobbled up.but some just can't get rid of their appetite.

Pecking worse than  fishwives....Like it or not...To this opinion I have also the right to show,though will not deny,though carry on

Contradicting those who attack too willingly players at the club I support.Realising they too are just as solid a supporter as myself.

But wish to take it too a different  personal tact,on individual players.

12 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't care how poor he played tonight (not seen the game) there is no way on god's green earth Andy King is better than Adrien Silva (or Iborra, or James for that matter). Kings Leicester through and through but he's also a complete waste of a shirt at Premier League level, technically limited and no presence or grit to go with it. I don't ever want to see him playing for our first team again.

Disrespectful!!!

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Iborra got 17 starts to Chilwells 20, Silva got 9 starts in half a season of being available. So until this season he's not been afforded that much more time. He's also not a seasoned pro like them, you'd expect them even coming from abroad and needing time to settle to be a cut above and not be making such basic errors so consistently.

41 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Mendy has played very well at the very beginning, but faded a little in recent games.

And like I've said, Ndidi seems to evade all (justified) criticism - for various reasons. I think he needs to be benched for a little while, with either Iborra or Silva taking over temporarily.

In Wilfred's defense, I can't tell how much he's still hampered by the thigh injury sustained at the end of last season.

I thought mrndy played well on sat. I have never seen silva make any impression on a game.   For calibration. .. i rate iborra

45 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Those two are young and inexperienced so you’d expect them to not be the finished article.  Silva is supposed to be just that.  The finished article.  Players of the quality he is supposed to be, shouldn’t need settling periods but even if you take that away, there’s no excuse for some of the wayward passing that Silva is guilty of and the time he takes over controlling it and getting it out of his feet is actually just embarrassing.

As someone else mentioned, what is he?  I can’t really tell what kind of midfielder he’s supposed to be as he doesn’t seem to be particularly good at anything.

At Sporting and for Portugal he was known as a box-to-box midfielder. I like the fact he generally tries to pass forward (not always successfully) even though I wouldn't say he's a playmaker, but I feel he often gets in half decent positions but won't shoot. We know he's not a ball winner, but for Sporting and Portugal he had William Carvalho doing that job and with different football and in teams that do less defending he'll probably have never had to be.

Like you say, a bit weird in the sense he's not outstanding at anything. Not sure he'll make it here as we tend to play DMs and AMs with little in between, it's a shame as I think there's a decent player in there. Part of the problem of consistently chopping and changing managers is that we will end up signing players who the next manager doesn't fancy. In Silva's case it looks like £22m down the drain in all honesty.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Iborra got 17 starts to Chilwells 20, Silva got 9 starts in half a season of being available. So until this season he's not been afforded that much more time. He's also not a seasoned pro like them, you'd expect them even coming from abroad and needing time to settle to be a cut above and not be making such basic errors so consistently.

Iborra had a decent season, Silva was very poor but I'd cut him a bit of slack for what happened to him from September to January. He's still been disappointing though, given what we hoped we'd get from him. Just seems destined to not make it here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Well I agree that Inler cost significantly less than Silva, but that is not the point of the comparison.  The point is that he was another continental midfield player with a big reputation that failed.

You have always been an Inler apologist, perhaps because you may have seen more of him when he was good in the Italian League but he failed here.

Forget about Kante, Andy King made 25 league appearances for us during Inler's 1 year here.  Inler made 5, mainly at the start of the season when Claudio was trying to get him into the team so he was behind King in the pecking order.

He was moved on the following year, he may have wanted to go for regular football, but he was under contract here.  It wasn't his decision to make.  The club wanted him gone as it was clear he had nothing to offer in the Premier League. 

The comparison is odd because they arrived at LCFC at slightly different points of their career, and in Silva's case, let's not forget the colossal 14-second ****-up by the club. One could say that it was a bit of a bad omen from the get-go.

However, what I find strange is the way you talk about Silva and the comparison to Inler right now, it's as if Silva's practically gone already in your view, as if you've written him off for good. At least that's the impression that I get. I find that a shame.

Inler has had a way bigger reputation than Silva when he came to the club, he was a way more seasoned international player (with still more than three times the amount of matches for his national side than Silva), a EURO 2006, plus 2010 and 2014 World Cup participant, and with about twice the amount of domestic titles.

Silva has his EURO 2016 title, but one could argue in a superior side.

Again, your argument is based on player failure only - that may be the case, it may be not. What is clear, though, is that other factors come into play when team selection is the issue. Player preferences by the manager, change of manager, change of system, emergence of competition, injuries, suspensions and whatnot.

He was pretty bad last night, if someone was going to emerge from that game and challenge the existing starters it would be Iborra over Silva. He was quite wasteful.

Both of them suffer from an inability to shift the ball on at Premier League pace but in our side at the moment that's not something that is perhaps not that important.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Again and again...Some posters who put Puels job on the line,and have the audacity to throw disdain over 3-4 players .Building up a lack

of quality within those players,who have not yet seen 6 months in the PL....

Silva wasn't that bad last night,but I want also to see better play,and command of the ball.He was too loose,and fair critic is warranted.

Vardy hasn't been so clinical in his games,and he's had the service,but non of us would question rightly that he shouldn't be first choice.

Knowing we might expect him to slip a bit....

Silva hasn't not the ground running...but he has the character, quality and skill set we need. He unlike the youngsters needs to show more,

and yes quicker, in taking up the challenge.!! We want him to be the experienced player,Like Iborra that helps on the pitch,to bring the young-guns on,while still

Displaying his experience and Talent....

Just look around the PL, how many midfielders,WBack,defenders from foreign shores,not the ground  running and keep it going,

The first season...Manutd,Man.city,Spurs,L'pool,Arsenal...have a long list of players they are still waiting for...

They can wait,for their talent ,and experienced players to play themselves into the Pl  hierachy!!

Teams like Leicester,also have to realise that their level of foreign playing staff,therefore also need their share of time.

With decent runs and gametime,in the team.I

Mendy is not yet a write in,and Ndidi these 6 games,also not as much as we all would desperately want to him to be...!!

This is our squad,not perfect,with failings,but Puel is slowly,getting this more than decent squad into shape,what roles

those individuals will play,are still open and like any good squad they have to compete for their place,while being respected from

Witnin...hopefully also from the fans.   

This IMO silly stance of attacking all and sundry,is laughable and becoming pathetic.

Game critic I understand but this forum especially has had form,and been wrong on quite a few legends,and store rooms of

Humble Pie,have already been served and gobbled up.but some just can't get rid of their appetite.

Pecking worse than  fishwives....Like it or not...To this opinion I have also the right to show,though will not deny,though carry on

Contradicting those who attack too willingly players at the club I support.Realising they too are just as solid a supporter as myself.

But wish to take it too a different  personal tact,on individual players.

The moment you compared Silva with Vardy your argument became null and void.

The comparison is odd because they arrived at LCFC at slightly different points of their career, and in Silva's case, let's not forget the colossal 14-second ****-up by the club. One could say that it was a bit of a bad omen from the get-go.

However, what I find strange is the way you talk about Silva and the comparison to Inler right now, it's as if Silva's practically gone already in your view, as if you've written him off for good. At least that's the impression that I get. I find that a shame.

Inler has had a way bigger reputation than Silva when he came to the club, he was a way more seasoned international player (with still more than three times the amount of matches for his national side than Silva), a EURO 2006, plus 2010 and 2014 World Cup participant, and with about twice the amount of domestic titles.

Again, your argument is based on player failure only - that may be the case, it may be not. What is clear, though, is that other factors come into play when team selection is the issue. Player preferences by the manager, change of manager, change of system, emergence of competition, injuries, suspensions and whatnot.

Well, I'll still wager a bet he's not here this time next year. call it psychic futuristic insight or just common sense, but he won't be.

Edited by Bunyip

Well, not written off.  I must admit that I was excited by the signing.  He hasn't made the impression I would have expected but I was still hopeful.  With a pre season (yes I know he was at the WC) I would have expected him to be up to speed by now and that is not the case.  I must admit that for me hope is fading.  I don't think he will make it here now but I hope I'm wrong.

Back to Inler, you may be able to find every excuse under the sun for him, but for me, he wasn't good enough to get past Andy King and when he did play he was a passenger.  Ranieri and the club seemed to agree by letting him go as did many Napoli fans who said he was in decline before he arrived.