Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

Only Sports witness

Leicester City player has agreement in principle to join another club, pending presidential elections
By Lucas Sposito -  4th September 2018

Even though the presidential elections for Sporting are happening a week after the transfer window closed, the candidates are already working to bring new players to the club.

Earlier today, we covered Madeira Rodrigues’ quotes saying John Terry could be joining the Lions in case he’s elected.

Now this Tuesday afternoon, outlet Record brings an interesting story saying that candidate José Maria Ricciardi could bring Adrien Silva back from Leicester City.

Record claims that Silva and Ricciardi have an agreement in principle, and will have the transfer negotiated with the Foxes in case the candidate is elected next Saturday.

Embed from Getty Images

It’s said that neither Adrien Silva or José Maria Ricciardi will confirm these negotiations before the candidate is elected, especially to protect the midfielder’s situation at Leicester.

The meetings were considered to be pretty positive, handled by the candidate’s football men José Eduardo and Marco Caneira. Now it will depend on the elections and, of course, Sporting’s wish to negotiate.

Half and half either way. He's not done anything in play yet he's only played half a season. If we recoup the money paid it'd make sense but we'd have to replace with someone good enough to displace Mendy and hungry enough to push the team forward whilst also having their paperwork pushed through on time.

Keep saying it but I want Lewis Cook next to Ndidi longterm, really think other clubs missed out when Bouremouth got him off Leeds. Already on the verge of regular full call-ups at 21 years old - real creative, combative, intelligent, box to box midfielder. Would compliment Wilf perfectly. B'mouth are low-key minted so it'll be hard to get him plus 'big' Clubs like Arsenal, Totters and big spenders like Everton might decide to throw cash at him one window. Would much prefer him to Adrien, so replace adequately if true

• Like 1

Coming to the prem is always a test... kagawa was ineffective at utd then went back to germany and was great again. ... it doesnt  suit some and others cant adjust to it.

Imo first touch  (to create time) and running with the ball (like ricardo) are key. Some wont work to build upper body strength. 

Sadly though he is skillful..  i think silva isnt powerful enough for pl midfield 

• Like 2

Believable because I don't think Puel rates him. He has been given a decent run in the side (managing to get into the World Cup squad for Portugal) but in truth he has so far not shown anything close to what Mendy has shown in 3 games for us, who has been a revelation and is younger.

I like the player and want him to succeed here, but he wasn't even in the squad at the weekend after playing the full 90 during the week. We are awash with central midfielders and knowing Puel he might even prefer to develop Hamza and give him more opportunities to push for a bench or starting position than block him with Silva. With the reemergence of Mendy, I think it's inevitable either Iborra or Silva leaves (even if only on loan) in the next window because Ndidi / Mendy are unlikely to be dislodged from our Premier League team.

• Like 2

Amazing what business gets done on this forum....

We were crying over 14 secs.Saying he will need time,to get up to PL pace,even deep into this season.

Now it seems the Vardy-out brigade mentality,has set in again. Depending on  the flavours of the month...

Various players,who haven't been here too long,haven't ripped up the cobbles, then some wombles decide,

We are top heavy in midfield,the player of the moment has to be pushed out,because they seem to be experts,of

What's happening behind the scenes....

• Like 1

Can't argue with anyone who says he has done bugger all, but I do think he could still be a decent player for us. He has good attributes to succeed here, if he can adapt to the pace and physicality of the league. 

I'd like to see him play a handful more times, before we bin him off completely. Technically, a very good footballer and we only have to look at how easily we wrote of Mendy, to realise that we should give him some more time to prove himself here. 

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Amazing what business gets done on this forum....

We were crying over 14 secs.Saying he will need time,to get up to PL pace,even deep into this season.

Now it seems the Vardy-out brigade mentality,has set in again. Depending on  the flavours of the month...

Various players,who haven't been here too long,haven't ripped up the cobbles, then some wombles decide,

We are top heavy in midfield,the player of the moment has to be pushed out,because they seem to be experts,of

What's happening behind the 

haven't ripped up the cobbles,  then some wombles decide... 

That's going to stick in my mind for ever.

He put a message on his Instagram story earlier in Portuguese, I can’t post it on here because it’s too big but roughly translates to something like this -

adriensilva23 fan clubs Following the news that came to the public in the last hours, I hereby state that despite my desire to return one day to Sporting be something that everyone knows, it is false that has made any kind of commitment to any candidate. Although I have been contacted several times by several candidates, my President is only one, his name is Sporting. As a sportinguista, I always want the best for my club and whoever is the winner will have all my support, respect and affection because I am sure that you want the best for our club. At this moment I defend the colors of Leicester City and this is where I am focused and give my best. Sporting CP is my Heart Club and what I will always defend and support during my life! I'm made of sporTing! A good luck hug for all the candidates and bring the best for our club. FOREVER GO, ADRIEN SILVA

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

He put a message on his Instagram story earlier in Portuguese, I can’t post it on here because it’s too big but roughly translates to something like this -

adriensilva23 fan clubs Following the news that came to the public in the last hours, I hereby state that despite my desire to return one day to Sporting be something that everyone knows, it is false that has made any kind of commitment to any candidate. Although I have been contacted several times by several candidates, my President is only one, his name is Sporting. As a sportinguista, I always want the best for my club and whoever is the winner will have all my support, respect and affection because I am sure that you want the best for our club. At this moment I defend the colors of Leicester City and this is where I am focused and give my best. Sporting CP is my Heart Club and what I will always defend and support during my life! I'm made of sporTing! A good luck hug for all the candidates and bring the best for our club. FOREVER GO, ADRIEN SILVA

I really hope he can make an impact here, he's exactly the sort of character fans can build a rapport with. His problem this season is, he may be eligible but Nampalys Mendy is on a one man mission to be the next Kante.

• Like 1

Yeah good stuff if that's his statement. A good cookie but he needs to make some sort of impact when he gets another opportunity - I can't think of one incisive pass, assist, passage of play, control of a match, shot on goal, anything much beyond his debut 15 minutes where he ran around oozing determination & quality.

Just a spark of life at some point soon please Adrien

20 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

They wanted a 9m loan fee for Drinkwater so i doubt he is comng back at that price.

I suppose they were still splitting blood after we sold them a pup at a ridiculous price.