Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Then we play him? No one has said he doesn't deserve to be on the bench, only that at the moment he's not doing anything well enough to start games. :dunno:

Read the posts!! Quite a few are suggesting he and Iborra should be gone...

Some can't look further than their noses,and don't realise we still need quality in our squad.

Others rightly question..Do Iborra and Silva want to stay,if they struggle from the Bench or as Fringe players,which bids the  questions

What other quality outside players,would want to take that on!!?  So the only alternative,is to use a youth based group of fringed players,

Who can develope their potential...then pik n mix, using experience like Iboora and Silva,until they decide to move on.....

One advantage we have,that type of player want a taste of the PL,before they go back home..!! So might be happy to sit,with the odd game!!

Even the teams who have high  ambitions need class and quality in their squad,we just can't afford those bench-fringe   players

The big boys can...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FIF said:

I think at the moment it is exactly right for their standard.

Iborra could come in for Ndidi if he needs to. I love the fact that Iborra is big and strong and can pick out a forward pass whilst slotting into the defence to cover for forward moving defenders. He is also useful in the air in both boxes. He is , however , a little slow.

Sadly Silva just hasn't made the standard to get onto our bench in the prem this year. Lovely guy, but he's a little lightweight, a little slow and he misplaces too many passes.

I'm not suggesting selling yet but it's certainy a possibility. Iborra and Hamza can cover in midfield.

I wrote their standard. Not our

Like I already said before, Iborra was seville captain while silva is important part of sporting. 

By now they are unlikely to be 1st option. It's different with the likes of ward for examples, who are already used to be backup. 

Wheter they accept the situation or not, only the coach know. But given the situation are, its likely they are looking for move on, as surely there are some top half club in Spain or Portuguese which could afford them as first team. We should prepare 

Btw Iborra isn't ndidis cover. He didn't destroy the opponent nor offering high work rates. He's more likely mendy cover. 

Edited by Hanan96
  • Like 1

Just now, themightyfin said:

Weird how people describe players as "lovely guy" when they don't even know them or have never even spoken to them. 

It's absolutely mental, I know - but you can form an opinion on someone without meeting them.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

So Maddison and Mendy get injured then what...!

Nacho will replace madison. Or ghezzal, or gray since puel seems like him on central roles. 

Mendy? Iborra might fill his places, albeit compete with silva. On the current form, Iborra is better than him

The problem come if both ibora and silva wanna move before they got injured 

57 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Nacho will replace madison. Or ghezzal, or gray since puel seems like him on central roles. 

Mendy? Iborra might fill his places, albeit compete with silva. On the current form, Iborra is better than him

The problem come if both ibora and silva wanna move before they got injured 

The problems will come if they both have to play at the same time. Iborra yes but Silva has been awful almost every game and will surely never start for us in the prem again.

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

It's absolutely mental, I know - but you can form an opinion on someone without meeting them.

That’s all it is.. an opinion. And you could be miles off the mark.

I think it’s said that quite often when you meet a person with a preconception of how they are going to be, you’re very often sorely disappointed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That’s all it is.. an opinion. And you could be miles off the mark.

I think it’s said that quite often when you meet a person with a preconception of how they are going to be, you’re very often sorely disappointed.

I can't believe that.

I bet people with preconceptions are never sorely disappointed when they meet you Col.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I can't believe that.

I bet people with preconceptions are never sorely disappointed when they meet you Col.

Listen Fox in France!

When I go out down town in Lester I’m one of the ‘faces’....

That people wanna slap....

:P

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Claridge said:

The problems will come if they both have to play at the same time. Iborra yes but Silva has been awful almost every game and will surely never start for us in the prem again.

That's one of the why I said for madison its gray, ghezzal, or nacho instead of silva

16 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

I wrote their standard. Not our

Like I already said before, Iborra was seville captain while silva is important part of sporting. 

By now they are unlikely to be 1st option. It's different with the likes of ward for examples, who are already used to be backup. 

Wheter they accept the situation or not, only the coach know. But given the situation are, its likely they are looking for move on, as surely there are some top half club in Spain or Portuguese which could afford them as first team. We should prepare 

Btw Iborra isn't ndidis cover. He didn't destroy the opponent nor offering high work rates. He's more likely mendy cover. 

Fair view,o.k. Not far off the truth..

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He hasn't appeared in the previous few matchday squads.

Yes, the midfield options preferred over him are starting to gel well - but am a bit surprised his experience hasn't made him being considered more.

His form and effectiveness mean that it dont matter how much experience he has... he cant hack the pl

Other than NDidi, all of our central midfielders have major doubts surrounding their suitability to be able to hack it long term in the prem. Silva, Iborra, Mendy, James all flawed in different ways. Silva particularly is a concern because he seems to have the fragility of a lightly built attacking player but yet he isn’t particularly an attacking player. He looks like he’s got great technique but hasn’t got that much pace, isn’t really a ‘pinger’ and isn’t a strong tackler so what does he do? Iborra looks a threat at set pieces, can pass a bit but he has absolutely no pace. Mendy is an energetic water carrier but has no creativity and isn’t particularly a strong tackler. James is never fit.  It’s another position on the pitch where we’ve spent lots of money to not quite build a unit that works. Perhaps this is due to the heavy churn of Managers and key recruitment staff over the past few years, each team buying a player to fit a style that changes each time a new manager is recruited. None of the current centre mids were signed by Puel.

11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Other than NDidi, all of our central midfielders have major doubts surrounding their suitability to be able to hack it long term in the prem. Silva, Iborra, Mendy, James all flawed in different ways. Silva particularly is a concern because he seems to have the fragility of a lightly built attacking player but yet he isn’t particularly an attacking player. He looks like he’s got great technique but hasn’t got that much pace, isn’t really a ‘pinger’ and isn’t a strong tackler so what does he do? Iborra looks a threat at set pieces, can pass a bit but he has absolutely no pace. Mendy is an energetic water carrier but has no creativity and isn’t particularly a strong tackler. James is never fit.  It’s another position on the pitch where we’ve spent lots of money to not quite build a unit that works. Perhaps this is due to the heavy churn of Managers and key recruitment staff over the past few years, each team buying a player to fit a style that changes each time a new manager is recruited. None of the current centre mids were signed by Puel.

For me iborra is worth a decent stint in the side. Scores goals (which our current system shows no sign of our most prolific scorer doing in open play), plays nice football and has an eye for a pass. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxer said:

For me iborra is worth a decent stint in the side. Scores goals (which our current system shows no sign of our most prolific scorer doing in open play), plays nice football and has an eye for a pass. 

Yeh i agree that he or silva maybe needs to come in either alongside the current two to make a centre mid of 3 or by dropping Mendy if just 2 are required - purely because we need more creativity and guile. My major concern about Iborra though is a total lack of pace that gets exposed particularly in a 2 man partnership.

24 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

might be Silva just needs a big boy around him...