Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

21 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Yeah stupid if qe don't bought replacement for them. 

Keeping them here is a dilema. How long will they willing to spend more time on the bench

The bench? Silva can't get on the bench. Silva has gone from defensive star of Sporting Lisbon to hoping he can oust Iborra. Oust him for the privaledge of watching the game from the bench. To sit on the bench with hope of maybe 5 minutes game time. And when he reaches that promised land then our best defensive midfielder would need to pick up a debilitating drug habit or the league's best tackler would need to fall out of favour. This sounds like the position young Hamza should be in, not our 22 million signing, but that's the way it's turned out.

On 27/09/2018 at 21:43, volpeazzurro said:

find it amazing how many people feel that this man needs more time. He's looked unable to grasp the pace of our game, he doesn't even see, let alone track runners and is easily brushed aside (the latter point he could have been well able to do something about). Despite his supposed lack of game time, let's compare Mendy who, despite only having a couple of Premiership games prior to bad injury and many detractors on here, took his chance on his first game back! Silva, at his age, is perhaps very set in his old ways and when he played for Portugal in the summer, he hardly looked more than mediocre at the very best. He coild have at least  made a bit more efgort to increase his stregth! People were seduced by the promise of yet another supposed exotic foreign signing with the odd video clip of a bit of skill, yet he was nothing special in a poor league when he first arrived for an incredible price for a very mediocre player for his age. As someone has already  said, he's certainly not a defensive midfielder and as for being a number 10, we've just bought a relative kid in comparison who already outshines him in every department. Iborra is little better. Sell both and replace with one half decent player but the reality of the situation is, nobody will want either for even half of what we paid for them.We are stuck with two very  poor buys who are at best mediocre squad players.

Well said indeed! :appl: im not big on comparing but in this case with Mendy it is very clear that he just isnt good enough at this level and we have a bench full of replacements. I would be happy to sell him off in the summer, Its a massive shame because of the trouble hes gone through early on, but with the emergence of Mendy come through i cant think of anymore excuses to defend him.

Edited by Simoken

3 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

I certainly wouldn't get rid of Iborra, but it wouldn't worry me too much if Silva left, as I really don't think he is right for the premier league. There are flashes of real class from him, but his play is littered with misplaced passes and being lightweight. Iborra shows he has real control when he's in the team and his vision, presence and threat in the air puts him well ahead of Silva. Iborra's problem is he is so slow, which is why, I am sure, he is behind Mendy and Ndidi. 

Yes I agree - Iborra with the mobility of Ndidi or Mendy would be quite some player!

With the emergence of Mendy and Maddison, Silva really has no role in the team. He can't chase like Mendy and can't create like Maddison. I think we'll be open to offers Jan onwards, barring any injuries to existing players. 

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

We need desperately cover..Iborra  and Silva,are that cover,and even now,the odd rotation ,some will complain,

me..!!

If one of Mendy and ndidi are benched,I'd accept it. Today's football,you need (like rugby) natural replacements every other game,

So your basic 1st team selection is 14 players,selecting for the Bench players you know will get gametime,so at least until January,

We should see if Iborra and Silva can cut it..

I understand if they are the cover atm. The problem is, how long they would willing to do that? Not every player are willing to be 2nd choices. Football aren't that simple like brought 22 good player and choose the best 11. You need key player, first team player, player willing as squad player or cover. 

Iborra was sevilla captain, silva were sporting key player. Both are in their peak years, it will be difficult for them to stay as 2nd choices. 

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The bench? Silva can't get on the bench. Silva has gone from defensive star of Sporting Lisbon to hoping he can oust Iborra. Oust him for the privaledge of watching the game from the bench. To sit on the bench with hope of maybe 5 minutes game time. And when he reaches that promised land then our best defensive midfielder would need to pick up a debilitating drug habit or the league's best tackler would need to fall out of favour. This sounds like the position young Hamza should be in, not our 22 million signing, but that's the way it's turned out.

Bench or stands, both Is not play for their standard. 

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Yeah, no.

I certainly wouldn't commit to a perm transfer but I honestly think he would be worth a punt on loan, with an option to buy at a set fee so those ba*tards Chelsea don't try and crank up the price in the summer if he would be decent. 

The scouts have seemingly got this transfer so wrong.  We tried in 2016 to sign him, which didn't work out, and then went back in for him the following summer in 2017 for big money.  So this is clearly a player we took a lot of time to scout, review and decide that he was the player we wanted, rather than a quick panic buy.  Despite this, he's been an awful signing so far, with no suggestion that he's ever going to make it.

43 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I certainly wouldn't commit to a perm transfer but I honestly think he would be worth a punt on loan, with an option to buy at a set fee so those ba*tards Chelsea don't try and crank up the price in the summer if he would be decent. 

Still a firm no.

He's always been blowing hot and cold performance wise, made his choice and I personally don't have anything against Chelsea.

To be fair Puel never signed him, so it wasn’t him who wasted the money. He just doesn’t fit in with Puels style. I don’t think he rates Iborra that highly either. He’s just more physical and suited for the style than Silva.

Edited by LCFC FOX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Never have I liked a player so much who is struggling. I'm gutted for all concerned really, he's clearly got a big heart and good attitude and there's nothing I'd like to see more than him come good. I concede it may just not happen though. 

Couldn't agree more.  Treated abysmally by FIFA, but didn't complain (publicly), seems to be a nice bloke, & a team player when he's on the pitch, Have seen occasional touches that have been sheer class, but they're few & far between. Would really like him to succeed, but.......

• Like 2

Lots of good points in this thread, and interesting reading comments about a possible Drinkwater return.

Drinkwater should not come back. Much as I liked him here, he decided the grass was greener elsewhere. I never object to people wanting to better themselves and going back rarely works well, even more so when they specifically asked to leave in the first place,and it tells other players they can demand a transfer knowing we'll buy them back.

I know Pearson returned, and was very successful, but he was sacked and didn't want to leave in the first place. I would prefer to remember Drinkwater as a player who was brilliant for us during our title winning season. We have moved on from him and him from us. He needs a new club, a fresh start to prove himself again. Just think how much less fondly we would remember him if he came back and was a downgrade on what we already have here and I can't see how we would fit him into our current team anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Lots of good points in this thread, and interesting reading comments about a possible Drinkwater return.

Drinkwater should not come back. Much as I liked him here, he decided the grass was greener elsewhere. I never object to people wanting to better themselves and going back rarely works well, even more so when they specifically asked to leave in the first place,and it tells other players they can demand a transfer knowing we'll buy them back.

I know Pearson returned, and was very successful, but he was sacked and didn't want to leave in the first place. I would prefer to remember Drinkwater as a player who was brilliant for us during our title winning season. We have moved on from him and him from us. He needs a new club, a fresh start to prove himself again. Just think how much less fondly we would remember him if he came back and was a downgrade on what we already have here and I can't see how we would fit him into our current team anyway.

...not too sure how many times this has happened to our club or other clubs to be exact!!!

A fit Drinkwater would be ideal in a 4-3-1-2 formation with Ndidi and Mendy in the middle of the park. With Maddison in the hole behind a front two of Vardy and Ieanacho. Vardy needs the support, it brings Maddison into a more influential position with the width coming from the full backs.

I really did not think he wanted to leave but the fact he put in a transfer request expedited the move  preventing any need for Leicester to pay a loyalty bonus.

I think he would take a sizeable drop in wages to come back hear. He needs to be a Puel choice and not someone the club brings in due to sentiment and asking Puel to make him fit into the new system. It must be the managers call!!!!

On 02/10/2018 at 13:52, Hanan96 said:

Bench or stands, both Is not play for their standard. 

I think at the moment it is exactly right for their standard.

Iborra could come in for Ndidi if he needs to. I love the fact that Iborra is big and strong and can pick out a forward pass whilst slotting into the defence to cover for forward moving defenders. He is also useful in the air in both boxes. He is , however , a little slow.

Sadly Silva just hasn't made the standard to get onto our bench in the prem this year. Lovely guy, but he's a little lightweight, a little slow and he misplaces too many passes.

I'm not suggesting selling yet but it's certainy a possibility. Iborra and Hamza can cover in midfield.

42 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not too sure how many times this has happened to our club or other clubs to be exact!!!

A fit Drinkwater would be ideal in a 4-3-1-2 formation with Ndidi and Mendy in the middle of the park. With Maddison in the hole behind a front two of Vardy and Ieanacho. Vardy needs the support, it brings Maddison into a more influential position with the width coming from the full backs.

I really did not think he wanted to leave but the fact he put in a transfer request expedited the move  preventing any need for Leicester to pay a loyalty bonus.

I think he would take a sizeable drop in wages to come back hear. He needs to be a Puel choice and not someone the club brings in due to sentiment and asking Puel to make him fit into the new system. It must be the managers call!!!!

Drinkwater,...went over to the  the bridge and found troubled water...

He ain't any longer the bright eyes...He's Walked into a period of Sounds of Silence!!!!