Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

I really hope he doesn’t leave.

ndidi and mendy are quite similar. Bulldogs. They are great players I can’t deny that, but silva is special - and brings different things to the table.

hes a class act, I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes.

desperately want him to get a run in the team, not so fussed about Iborra.

16 minutes ago, dooflip said:

ndidi and mendy are quite similar. Bulldogs. They are great players I can’t deny that, but silva is special - and brings different things to the table.

I would like,all our top 16 of the squad,have decent gametime...and all have a big impact in good results and performances.

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

He played like a special player last night. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beechey said:

I just rewatched the entirety of that game and how many passes did Silva misplace? Five.

Five passes misplaced when he probably made 70-90 passes total. Where is this nonsense coming from that he misplaced loads of passes? Because that one in the first ten or so minutes where he swept it wide blind and it went out for a throw?

Fuchs, Iborra, Albrighton, Ghezzal, Morgan, Ricardo, Okazaki and Vardy all misplaced more passes.

I don't have his stats, but it is more his influence, or lack of, on the game.

Iborra had a much bigger impact.

Glutton for punishment by the way, rewatching that.

Edited by murphy

5 hours ago, Beechey said:

I just rewatched the entirety of that game and how many passes did Silva misplace? Five.

Five passes misplaced when he probably made 70-90 passes total. Where is this nonsense coming from that he misplaced loads of passes? Because that one in the first ten or so minutes where he swept it wide blind and it went out for a throw?

Fuchs, Iborra, Albrighton, Ghezzal, Morgan, Ricardo, Okazaki and Vardy all misplaced more passes.

Of those five misplaced passes, how many of them are when he's under pressure versus when he's not? And also how often does play break down when the ball is nearby him?

I'm genuinely not having a dig here! When he signed, I posted on these forums that in a years time he might be thought of as one of the best midfielders to ever have played for us given his silky touch, smooth skills and because I have seen some games he's played where he and William Carvalho dominated no less than Toni Kroos and Luka Modric! But he is nowhere close to those standards right now.

Against Manchester United I'd have given him a 7/10. He actually touched the ball more than any other player than Pogba (and Pogba played the full match instead of 80 mins) and for the most part was almost a Jorginho / Fernandinho style metronome player. But the one black mark against his name that night was that he lost the ball a few times in silly positions. Once I vividly remember him losing it when he was in the 6 position and it put us into trouble, and he did something similar last night. On the face of it that doesn't sound bad at all, after all even the very best midfielder in the world right now in Modric gives the ball away sometimes. But the difference is that for the position on the pitch that he plays for us, some of these incidents are not forgivable. Trying to play a killer through ball to Vardy that would put him 1 on 1 verus the keeper and it cut out is no problem. Passing it six yards to a team mate when no one is around you and failing is not! Jorginho / Fernandinho basically never give the ball away unless they are trying a raking forward pass, and even then they make those passes rarely. Silva on the other hand for almost no reason does lose it either playing it too softly, or getting the direction wrong, etc. Add to this his lack of physical strength and getting brushed off the ball often and I'm afraid that at the moment he's somewhat of a liability when he plays. Mendy does sometimes give the ball away too, but by comparison he rarely gives it away when in the 6 position (though he has done it on occasion), is strong and gets play going. When the ball is between our goal and wherever James Maddison is on the pitch and we are in possession, take special note of Mendy. He's often sat between the two centre backs offering protection and helping to build up play, often being the one to make the forward pass. And he does this job brilliantly, which is why he's in the first team on merit!

Once more before slating Silva (which I hope as you can see I am not doing), I just want to indicate that I am disappointed. This is a GIF from Sporting versus Real Madrid and look what he does to Toni Kroos. Toni "3 Champions Leagues and 1 World Cup" Kroos! And this isn't just a one-off, even the Sporting fans came on here to say that he was not only a great player but a great person as well. It's easy to see why so many of us were both so excited and now so disappointed in this player. And all of us as Leicester fans want him and all our other under performers to turn it round. We are in a rare position that right now it seems like there are no bellends at the club so we want all the players to succeed.

giphy.gif

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

I think it's fair to give Silva a bit more time to get up to speed, given the atrocious start he was afforded to his LCFC career. Missing half a season through no fault of his own and being completely unable to play despite being fully fit. He was bound to fall off the pace a bit. 

His main problem now is that the system Puel seems to have adopted doesn't really fit him. He's not a DM to replace Ndidi or Mendy, and it would be difficult to break into the number 10 role as that doesn't quite suite him either.

He's clearly talented but it may just be that events and circumstances screw him over.

• Like 2

Lots of moments where he looks quality and he is clearly capable of more than many of our midfielders. But he is still misplacing a few passes he shouldnt and hasnt hit his rhythm yet. 

Unfortunately for him he has a lot of competition for his position so wont get loads of chances to bed himself in now

Still, clearly the only option we have for a midfielder to bring on if we're struggling to open a team up and need a goal, except maybr Iborra, who is useful also aerially

Still think this 14 seconds bollocks messed up this transfer from the off and it never quite recovered from it

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Lots of moments where he looks quality and he is clearly capable of more than many of our midfielders. But he is still misplacing a few passes he shouldnt and hasnt hit his rhythm yet. 

Unfortunately for him he has a lot of competition for his position so wont get loads of chances to bed himself in now

Still, clearly the only option we have for a midfielder to bring on if we're struggling to open a team up and need a goal, except maybr Iborra, who is useful also aerially

Still think this 14 seconds bollocks messed up this transfer from the off and it never quite recovered from it

He needs to mive to a club where he can start.  U r right this whole thing has been a fiasco

10 hours ago, murphy said:

I don't have his stats, but it is more his influence, or lack of, on the game.

Iborra had a much bigger impact.

Glutton for punishment by the way, rewatching that.

That's where I'd agree with you, he didn't stamp himself on the game at all. Showed for the ball a lot but opted to play it safe with probably 80% of his passes. I think he needs to believe he has to ability to break the lines with a forwards pass more often, to be honest.

Edited by Beechey

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Of those five misplaced passes, how many of them are when he's under pressure versus when he's not? And also how often does play break down when the ball is nearby him?

I'm genuinely not having a dig here! When he signed, I posted on these forums that in a years time he might be thought of as one of the best midfielders to ever have played for us given his silky touch, smooth skills and because I have seen some games he's played where he and William Carvalho dominated no less than Toni Kroos and Luka Modric! But he is nowhere close to those standards right now.

Against Manchester United I'd have given him a 7/10. He actually touched the ball more than any other player than Pogba (and Pogba played the full match instead of 80 mins) and for the most part was almost a Jorginho / Fernandinho style metronome player. But the one black mark against his name that night was that he lost the ball a few times in silly positions. Once I vividly remember him losing it when he was in the 6 position and it put us into trouble, and he did something similar last night. On the face of it that doesn't sound bad at all, after all even the very best midfielder in the world right now in Modric gives the ball away sometimes. But the difference is that for the position on the pitch that he plays for us, some of these incidents are not forgivable. Trying to play a killer through ball to Vardy that would put him 1 on 1 verus the keeper and it cut out is no problem. Passing it six yards to a team mate when no one is around you and failing is not! Jorginho / Fernandinho basically never give the ball away unless they are trying a raking forward pass, and even then they make those passes rarely. Silva on the other hand for almost no reason does lose it either playing it too softly, or getting the direction wrong, etc. Add to this his lack of physical strength and getting brushed off the ball often and I'm afraid that at the moment he's somewhat of a liability when he plays. Mendy does sometimes give the ball away too, but by comparison he rarely gives it away when in the 6 position (though he has done it on occasion), is strong and gets play going. When the ball is between our goal and wherever James Maddison is on the pitch and we are in possession, take special note of Mendy. He's often sat between the two centre backs offering protection and helping to build up play, often being the one to make the forward pass. And he does this job brilliantly, which is why he's in the first team on merit!

Once more before slating Silva (which I hope as you can see I am not doing), I just want to indicate that I am disappointed. This is a GIF from Sporting versus Real Madrid and look what he does to Toni Kroos. Toni "3 Champions Leagues and 1 World Cup" Kroos! And this isn't just a one-off, even the Sporting fans came on here to say that he was not only a great player but a great person as well. It's easy to see why so many of us were both so excited and now so disappointed in this player. And all of us as Leicester fans want him and all our other under performers to turn it round. We are in a rare position that right now it seems like there are no bellends at the club so we want all the players to succeed.

giphy.gif

The same is said for Iborra, most of his misplaced passes were under no pressure at all as well. His main issue right now is he is too ponderous. He needs to receive the ball with a touch, either pass straight away if possible or take another touch to pass. I've noticed at times he'll turn, look for someone, turn again, look again and is then dispossessed. The problem is my point was nothing to do with this. He's having a criticism levelled at him which is not warranted. His misplaced passes were no worse than other player's.

I recognise his shortcomings and they bug me, but for this particular criticism, there is not much to back it up for this game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tringfox said:

I really am disappointed with him, he seems to be lacking a lot of confidence, for such a so called technical player I can’t believe how much he gives the ball away!! 

His pass rate last year was 81%. So far this year it's 86%..... Not exactly terrible is it? 

17 hours ago, Beechey said:

From what I watched he seemed ok as well... didn’t rip up any trees but he’s not as bad as some scores on the ratings... think he was scored close to 4 at one point! Clear he’s getting a rough time on here

During the Wolves game, he hit the ball wide and out of play. People jumped on him for it, but I believe he had the right idea in mind; he's forward thinking and keeps things ticking, sometimes so much so that other players lag behind. To clarify, he might have anticipated Fuchs making a run down the left due to the space available down that side.

5 hours ago, Tringfox said:

Ok, stats aside, have you been pleased with his performances since he signed?? 

Definately not. But it's not his passing that's letting him down. He's just not really excelling at anything. He's not great going forward OR defensively, he's just there..... 

A very technically accomplished player but a water carrier .. always has been.

No real speed and most of his career goals have been penalties but his passing can be exceptional.

Where he fits in here is still up in the air.

Still like him to be given more time but it's difficult to see how he is going to get regular first team football at present.

I'm sadly coming round to the idea that he's just not ever going to make it here. He turns 30 this season and has still only started what, 5/6 games for us in the league? Mixed into some pretty ordinary cameos in the cups.

I've always gone a little easier on him as quite frankly the whole situation looked doomed to fail from the off given what happened, but we can't really use that as an excuse now, he's been eligible to play for 9 months and he's not really shown much other than some neat touches. I think he's very much a support player but we expect him to be one of our main creators.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's back at Sporting this time next year.