Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

I’d like to see him with Mendy Ndidi is clearly a talented player but he is erratic. Alongside Mendy who will play a little deeper than Silva and will be the first out ball. If he’s under pressure in possession simple ball is backwards, if it is to Ndidi you’re not sure what he will do with it. Knock it back to Mendy move into space and you will more likely than not find the ball back with you in an advanced position with more space. Lay it back to Ndidi he might charge forwards, try a long raking pass kick it out of play or panic and go backwards. Thst is if Wilf is there to bail you out, he’s as likely to be further forwards or out of position as backing up his midfield partner.

Obviously I’m oversimplifying and playing up Mendy’s strengths and Wilf’s flaws but with Mendy to be the defensive screen who breaks up play and backs up Silva he can focus on being the playmaker.

Or he could be shite no matter who he is partnered with. He needs games to get his confidence and fluidity back. I really want him to be the player we thought we signed but I just haven’t seen it so far.

• Like 1

He's not even had a year playing yet as he only started in January. Granted we'd all hoped for more but let's not write him off yet, there's no questioning his quality but maybe the Premier league is more of a challenge than he expected. I actually thought he played pretty well opening game against united but then lost his place. We wrote drinkwater off after he had a year or so where he was poor but he improved alot, same with vardy of course. I'm prepared to give silva more time 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Getting rid of Silva and Iborra would be stupid in the extreme given Mendy's injury history and our back-ups are Matty always injured James, Andy not PL standard King and the kids. Give time, form is temporary but class is permanent etc.

I'd imagine if we shifted them we'd sign someone else. Said in the summer I'd happily cash in on all of our CM's except Ndidi and start again.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'd imagine if we shifted them we'd sign someone else. Said in the summer I'd happily cash in on all of our CM's except Ndidi and start again.

We'd definitely sign someone else, I'd say Puel is just itching to do so.

The problem is of course 3 or 4 has to leave the squad before he can do so. 

It will be a terrible shame after all the club and the player went through to get him here and he ends up leaving because he can't get a regular place in the team. he's bound to be extremely frustrated as we are as fans because we all had such high hopes and expectation of him.

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Getting rid of Silva and Iborra would be stupid in the extreme given Mendy's injury history and our back-ups are Matty always injured James, Andy not PL standard King and the kids. Give time, form is temporary but class is permanent etc.

Yeah stupid if qe don't bought replacement for them. 

Keeping them here is a dilema. How long will they willing to spend more time on the bench? 

32 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

Keeping them here is a dilema. How long will they willing to spend more time on the bench? 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Good points, I think whoever we sign would be as a back-up to Ndidi and Mendy so we're unlikely to get world beaters - having these 2 who are fundamentally good players who fit our system as backups for now is a pretty good situation to be in, bearing in mind Silva in particular has the potential to rip it up should he hit form.

41 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Good points, I think whoever we sign would be as a back-up to Ndidi and Mendy so we're unlikely to get world beaters - having these 2 who are fundamentally good players who fit our system as backups for now is a pretty good situation to be in, bearing in mind Silva in particular has the potential to rip it up should he hit form.

Could be backup, could be plan b, but whatever, should be content for sit on the bench for quite a while. 

It seems that those 2 performances, also with madison, are unlikely to drop anytime soon. 

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

rather play an injured matty james tbh 

36 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I would be open to a Drinkwater return on loan in January and maybe let Silva go as he is having zero influence at the moment. 

28 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Way he's going I can't see him being here next season, I reckon one of Silva or Iborra will definitely be off.

We need a midfielder who is more suited to English football, Mooy, Dack or even bring back Drinkwater.

ok you lot are reaching RL Albrighton obsession levels with Seatwarmer

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

ok you lot are reaching RL Albrighton obsession levels with Seatwarmer

The thing about Drinkwater is he’s a tidy player. That along with being used to the pace and intensity of PL football could see him work here. Him or someone of his mould. 

Silva is tidy given time and space, something you don’t usually get a lot of in the PL. 

20 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I certainly wouldn't get rid of Iborra, but it wouldn't worry me too much if Silva left, as I really don't think he is right for the premier league. There are flashes of real class from him, but his play is littered with misplaced passes and being lightweight. Iborra shows he has real control when he's in the team and his vision, presence and threat in the air puts him well ahead of Silva. Iborra's problem is he is so slow, which is why, I am sure, he is behind Mendy and Ndidi. 

• Like 1

Drinkwater came from man united with a point to prove. He did that, got his big move to Chelsea, failed and now...?

i would be doubtful he would have the heart for the fight if he returned.

Edited by Dahnsouff

Judging by his instagram posts lately, he knows he needs to work more to be able to compete to get in the team, and he's prepared to take that challenge on. I can't help feeling like when he comes on now days he feels the pressure of needing to prove himself and messes up as a consequence. The other day the more time he had on the ball and the more time he had to think, the more likely he seemed to mess up. Hope it works out for him - after all that's what we want isn't it - people who are prepared to fight for their spot.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

We need desperately cover..Iborra  and Silva,are that cover,and even now,the odd rotation ,some will complain,

me..!!

If one of Mendy and ndidi are benched,I'd accept it. Today's football,you need (like rugby) natural replacements every other game,

So your basic 1st team selection is 14 players,selecting for the Bench players you know will get gametime,so at least until January,

We should see if Iborra and Silva can cut it..