Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

I'm so desperate for him to succeed here but every time I see him play he doesn't seem any closer to doing so. Things like his wayward passing and occasionally dwelling on the ball too long might be ironed out through sustained runs of matches but there's just absolutely no reason to give him that at present. 

Not going to write him off altogether because somewhere in there there's obviously a very talented player but it's very difficult to see him becoming a regular in this team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

A reminder to you all - how many of us wrote Mendy off?

There's still time for us to be proven wrong.

True, but that's slighty different. Mendy was injured like a game and a half into the season - it was more that he didn't play rather than him playing a lot and not being good enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

True, but that's slighty different. Mendy was injured like a game and a half into the season - it was more that he didn't play rather than him playing a lot and not being good enough.

I think Silva has never truly settled, albeit in very different circumstances. He looked gutted when he was hooked.

My point about Mendy wasn't specific - it's that people gob off at the drop of a hat and write players off, often wrongly and too soon.

15 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Claude pretty much takes every opportunity to not play him, so it was a surprise to see him play over Choudhury.

He was pretty average tonight. Just don't think the guys that good. Pereira currently proving to be the only decent player we've signed from the Super Liga.... 

The full back who can't defend 

• Like 1

In that cameo against West Ham I think when he made his debut he looked the bollocks. He didn't make a single mistake. Ever since then though he wants so long on the ball. Which he will never get in the premiership. He either learns to play the ball that bit quicker or he won't get near the team. 

Worst game in a Leicester shirt tonight. The amount of times he gave the ball away was unreal. Seemed to just pass the ball into space hoping someone was there. Iborra wasn't much better either. I'd feel hard done by if I was King not being selected in the Premier League squad over those pair. Need to improve drastically. 

Don't care how poor he played tonight (not seen the game) there is no way on god's green earth Andy King is better than Adrien Silva (or Iborra, or James for that matter). Kings Leicester through and through but he's also a complete waste of a shirt at Premier League level, technically limited and no presence or grit to go with it. I don't ever want to see him playing for our first team again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Such a strange player because both he and Iborra seem to find space much, much easier than our other central midfielders manage to, and both are a little more adventurous with their passing, but they seem to lose it in the most lethargic way and it appears to happen most when they've got room and time. It's clear they're both clever players but it's baffling.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 2

said it in the match thread, think i’ve said it in silva threads before months ago, too. but what is he actually meant to be doing on the pitch? is he a 10? is he box to box? is he a playmaker? is he a defensive mid? 

cos he can’t pass, can’t tackle, can’t score, couldn’t dominate the middle of the pitch to save his life, isn’t much of a leader, isn’t very mobile and isn’t very good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1