Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Adrien Silva

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't care how poor he played tonight (not seen the game) there is no way on god's green earth Andy King is better than Adrien Silva (or Iborra, or James for that matter). Kings Leicester through and through but he's also a complete waste of a shirt at Premier League level, technically limited and no presence or grit to go with it. I don't ever want to see him playing for our first team again.

One word...bellex!!

38 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

said it in the match thread, think i’ve said it in silva threads before months ago, too. but what is he actually meant to be doing on the pitch? is he a 10? is he box to box? is he a playmaker? is he a defensive mid? 

cos he can’t pass, can’t tackle, can’t score, couldn’t dominate the middle of the pitch to save his life, isn’t much of a leader, isn’t very mobile and isn’t very good. 

Other than that he’s ok ?

8 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't care how poor he played tonight (not seen the game) there is no way on god's green earth Andy King is better than Adrien Silva (or Iborra, or James for that matter). Kings Leicester through and through but he's also a complete waste of a shirt at Premier League level, technically limited and no presence or grit to go with it. I don't ever want to see him playing for our first team again.

Very true but as you can see it’s not an allowed opinion 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I maintain that there is no way Silva is really this sloppy with his passing. There is no way he's got to where he is in his career giving the ball away this much.

I find it staggering that we spent £22M on him and bust a gut to get his registration sorted, only to then not give him a run of games sufficient enough for him to adapt and settle in.

We are doing the same with Ricardo. Play him at RB and let him learn.

At 22 million and at his age I expect him to fit in. If he can't pass the ball that's got nothing to do with having time on the pitch it's a basic requirement. Lord knows what our recruitment team saw in him. Another 22 million down the drain just like Inler.

I don't see any future here for him and predict he will be gone by next season. Lightweight and completely out of his depth in the Premier League.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Expecting players to just come in and play well isn’t necessarily going to work

some will cope and some wont

perhaps silva is a player who needs a run of games to get some consistency 

Or perhaps he needs to play at a lower standard such as the Portuguese league where he may look decent? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

he cant pass a ball, its a basic skill, no run of games at his age is going to sort that , he is to slow and gets caught in posession to often

42 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

At 22 million and at his age I expect him to fit in. If he can't pass the ball that's got nothing to do with having time on the pitch it's a basic requirement. Lord knows what our recruitment team saw in him. Another 22 million down the drain just like Inler.

I don't see any future here for him and predict he will be gone by next season. Lightweight and completely out of his depth in the Premier League.

Rather bad wording - Inler cost only £3m according to official reports. Plus, he was kept out of the side by Kanté.

Odd comparison.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Or perhaps he needs to play at a lower standard such as the Portuguese league where he may look decent? 

that argument might hold water except he's played in 14 champions league games and 8 Europa league games in the 3 seasons before signing for us. He has also had 26 caps for a proper footballing nation including starting games and playing well in 3 major tournaments.

Is the champions league, world cup and European championships a lower standard?

Come on lads ffs lets not write him off yet he's been here about 5 minutes and had all sorts of off field complications. have you not learned the lessons of the past when you quickly wrote of Vardy, Drinkwater Mendy etc etc etc as complete shite. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I maintain that there is no way Silva is really this sloppy with his passing. There is no way he's got to where he is in his career giving the ball away this much.

I find it staggering that we spent £22M on him and bust a gut to get his registration sorted, only to then not give him a run of games sufficient enough for him to adapt and settle in.

We are doing the same with Ricardo. Play him at RB and let him learn.

Puel's stubbornness is a bit baffling in that regard. Lets Ndidi play regularly with mixed results, but won't opt for either Iborra or Silva as valuable alternatives in order to improve competition for places.

Ndidi and Mendy are set to start forever now, it seems. Whilst Mendy kicked off the season in style, he's regressed a bit lately. And Ndidi is apparently exempt from criticism completely - despite being rather ineffective in recent games.

• Like 1

Silva is talented but he's just not the right fit for our Team right now. He's slow and lightweight and not suited to the Premiership unless he can adapt like Silva at man city.

He needs to speed up and fill the spaces if he's not going to tackle. At least Iborra has a good all round game.

Currently I'd play Iborra with NDiddi and Mendy in midfield.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Rather bad wording - Inler cost only £3m according to official reports. Plus, he was kept out of the side by Kanté.

Odd comparison.

I think it is a good comparison and he cost  8m euros.

Inler wasn't just kept out of the team by Kante, he was kept out of the team by being shit.  Andy King was ahead of him.

It is a good comparison, because he was anther continental midfielder arriving with a big reputation in his late twenties and just couldn't get to grips with the premier league.  Just like Silva it would seem.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I think it is a good comparison and he cost £8m euros.

Inler wasn't just kept out of the team by Kante, he was kept out of the team by being shit.  Andy King was ahead of him.

It is a good comparison, because he was anther continental midfielder arriving with a big reputation in his late twenties and just couldn't get to grips with the premier league.  Just like Silva it would seem.

Please be fair in your assessment of players, Inler really wasn't that good.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Puel's stubbornness is a bit baffling in that regard. Lets Ndidi play regularly with mixed results, but won't opt for either Iborra or Silva as valuable alternatives in order to improve competition for places.

Ndidi and Mendy are set to start forever now, it seems. Whilst Mendy kicked off the season in style, he's regressed a bit lately. And Ndidi is apparently exempt from criticism completely - despite being rather ineffective in recent games.

Incoming ban for even suggesting to drop Wilf! I agree with your statement though, Wilf in my opinion has been poor this season and there is no harm in ‘resting’ him and giving another CM a chance alongside Mendy (preferably Iborra or Choudhury). 

Lets be honest, Wilf is the exact same player to when we signed him. Some competition for places would help his development and make sure he doesn’t stagnate. 

I disagree that Mendy has regressed though, he has arguably been our player of the season and was very good on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, F1_AN said:

Very true but as you can see it’s not an allowed opinion 

I really like him and respect his commitment to us through the years - especially when we were in lower reaches of Champ and League 1 and other teams were sniffing - but he reached his limit as a player in the top half of Champ. he hasn't offered anything to us for years now, and has been a waste of a squad place - hence why Puel went for an injured James over him. Being Leicester through and through' is not a free pass to being immune of criticism.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

But can we afford to do that? Can we afford to carry a centre midfielder when we have 2 that are functioning perfectly well? 

Everyone (including me) wanted him to be amazing and to stick two fingers up at FIFA/The FA, unfortunately he's not producing the goods and will, on current form, rightly be benched again at the weekend. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 2

Let's be honest if you can't shine as a player in a joke of a game you have no chance in the prem. Last night was his chance to prove himself. Sadly he failed yes he perhaps needs a few games. 

But a class player would have stood out even in a makeshift team. He didn't. 

Ps. I fecking hate sporting they've had our pants down twice. Could be the new spuds. 

Edited by sylofox

We've only seen micro-glimpses of what he's supposedly able to do with the ball over the past 10 months.

Unfortunately, something's gone really wrong. It's evident he's either nowhere near good enough, or isn't applying himself to the required standard and after last night it seems to be the former. The fact that the coaching team choose to not even include him in the regular match day squad speaks volumes. 

His career seems to be finished here - time to cut our losses and flog him whilst he still has a reputation and we can recoup some of the cost.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Odd comparison.

Why so odd ? both came here with high reputations and neither has come up to expectations. Kante was with us for one season and one season only so rather bad wording and an odd comparison from you too. Did Inler play after Kante went ? no he didn't because he was crap. The club could not wait to get rid of him.