Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm honestly baffled that anybody sees a grey area in a shin high, studs up challenge. That's been classed a straight red for decades.

I Don t believe such tackles are so back or white..

There is the cynical and deliberate!!!  

Then IMHO,and more often Than not

Then there are the same tackles,by 2 players in the same action,where for One reason or another,only One gets the blame...

Then like the Southampton game, & Tielemans tackle a few games ago...they all look bad,But its just the Timing was wrong, also sometimes

a Swift change of movement from the victim...

They all look Bad in slow motion,and  also normal time,because Not even "experienced" onlookers, no matter who they are can tell the difference...

Even an aggressive tackle with intent,doesnt mean the Studs up Approach is a delibrately movement....

Eg:- Legs, torrsoes  bounce,uncontrolled...Two players go for the same ball,both just wanting to Take it on the top -half,to roll it differently,both Times it well,

but one is Nano seconds later,according to how it pans out,if will look like a Bad tackle,either from the One who got their first,or then again from the One who was

in a Blink of an eye late...  Its just the luck of the moment..!!!

And WE have Never been able to Distinguished the variants...So it rests on the ones who Shout loudest,or takes an opinionated  perspective....

To make it worse,My First suggestion in cynical & deliberate,can also be masked from Experienced/must Not be just the  profi players..!!!

VAR/slow motion-replays can/often also misconstrue  and Trick the eye....

Or one /more People see it,But cant be bothered to argue the tusk...!!!  Like me now, I have mentioned it,But have no Real interest to argue my point further..

45 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Don t believe such tackles are so back or white..

There is the cynical and deliberate!!!  

Then IMHO,and more often Than not

Then there are the same tackles,by 2 players in the same action,where for One reason or another,only One gets the blame...

Then like the Southampton game, & Tielemans tackle a few games ago...they all look bad,But its just the Timing was wrong, also sometimes

a Swift change of movement from the victim...

They all look Bad in slow motion,and  also normal time,because Not even "experienced" onlookers, no matter who they are can tell the difference...

Even an aggressive tackle with intent,doesnt mean the Studs up Approach is a delibrately movement....

Eg:- Legs, torrsoes  bounce,uncontrolled...Two players go for the same ball,both just wanting to Take it on the top -half,to roll it differently,both Times it well,

but one is Nano seconds later,according to how it pans out,if will look like a Bad tackle,either from the One who got their first,or then again from the One who was

in a Blink of an eye late...  Its just the luck of the moment..!!!

And WE have Never been able to Distinguished the variants...So it rests on the ones who Shout loudest,or takes an opinionated  perspective....

To make it worse,My First suggestion in cynical & deliberate,can also be masked from Experienced/must Not be just the  profi players..!!!

VAR/slow motion-replays can/often also misconstrue  and Trick the eye....

Or one /more People see it,But cant be bothered to argue the tusk...!!!  Like me now, I have mentioned it,But have no Real interest to argue my point further..

I'm sorry but most of that is completely irrelevant.  If you're out of control, your studs are up, and they impact high up the opponent's leg then it doesn't matter how many arses you bounced off to end up in that position, the laws of the game still categorise it under "serious foul play" which is an instant dismissal, after all the guy's leg bones aren't going to consider how deliberate the contact was before deciding whether they should snap.

I think for the Tielemans incident I expressed relief that intent was apparently taken into account by VAR but being perfectly honest it was a pretty bang to rights red, we got very lucky with that one.

• Like 4

On 28/10/2019 at 08:44, davieG said:

On 28/10/2019 at 11:10, egg_fried_rice said:

http://football365.com/news/premier-league-winners-and-losers-121

Winners
Leicester City, efficiency and building something special again.....

Thanks both, thoroughly enjoyed those articles 👍

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm sorry but most of that is completely irrelevant.  If you're out of control, your studs are up, and they impact high up the opponent's leg then it doesn't matter how many arses you bounced off to end up in that position, the laws of the game still categorise it under "serious foul play" which is an instant dismissal, after all the guy's leg bones aren't going to consider how deliberate the contact was before deciding whether they should snap.

I think for the Tielemans incident I expressed relief that intent was apparently taken into account by VAR but being perfectly honest it was a pretty bang to rights red, we got very lucky with that one.

Yeah the Tielemans one was a nailed on red. As you say there wasn't any intent but the actual contact was very dangerous

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

TalkSport seem to be on a fvcking mission to get Rodgers to a usual top 6 club.

TalkSport is made up football gossip for small-minded peanut-heads. 

Improve your life significantly by ripping your car radio out of it's fixtures and throwing it out of the window.

Or switch frequencies. Option A is more dramatic and fun, I imagine. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

TalkSport seem to be on a fvcking mission to get Rodgers to a usual top 6 club.

I had Goldstein and Cundy on last night after our game - the former was really pushing it (United fan, mind) but Cundy, who normally spouts utter drivel, actually said it wouldn't be as cut-and-dried as fans of struggling "bigger" sides would like to think should we qualify for the Champions League.

I still fancy United to go for a more glamorous, continental name – it's Arsenal worrying me to be honest.

30 minutes ago, Lestoh said:

Can’t wrap my head around the logic behind Everton fans thinking their club is somehow a more attractive option for him than what he already has

Without a doubt there a bigger club, but come on we have the foundations of something special with this young squad 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Without a doubt there a bigger club, but come on we have the foundations of something special with this young squad 

I agree with this sentiment. 

I think Rodgers will have bought into the tight family vibe and vichai's legacy journey here. 

As long as we're doing well and things are being supported off the pitch, I don't see why he'd give that up to go and **** about with a load of petulant players and arsehole fans at Arsenal. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

'Bigger'? You mean that managing Everton currently is a more prestigious job? I'm not sure that having a longer history of top tier membership and a slightly bigger stadium capacity makes them 'bigger' currently. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

'Bigger'? You mean that managing Everton currently is a more prestigious job? I'm not sure that having a longer history of top tier membership and a slightly bigger stadium capacity makes them 'bigger' currently. 

Im going on fan base that is it 

5 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Im going on fan base that is it 

Everton are currently ranked 10th in the attendance table with LCFC in 11th, albeit about 7,000 difference. I'd suggest that our home attendance average will be very similar once the expansion is in place. 

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Everton are currently ranked 10th in the attendance table with LCFC in 11th, albeit about 7,000 difference. I'd suggest that our home attendance average will be very similar once the expansion is in place. 

Another 10 years of premier league football, we might over take them, but i find everton have more nationwide support then us aswell tbf 

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Cundy claiming Tielemans isn't all that is astounding. How do these clowns get their own shows? Geoff, I see you've given him what for on twitter! They are morons!!!

These horrific opinions should not be getting air time. Also if they are just trolling then they shouldn’t be on the air either as it just eliminates any credibility at all. Geoff please advise what is this all about? Is it just a joke station or what? Surely if so you should move on?

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

These horrific opinions should not be getting air time. Also if they are just trolling then they shouldn’t be on the air either as it just eliminates any credibility at all. Geoff please advise what is this all about? Is it just a joke station or what? Surely if so you should move on?

Give the guy a break he's got bills to pay. Besides I don't see him spouting that shit on here.

He's always welcome to try.:fishing: As if he doesn't have better things to do with his time.

Edited by SO1

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

unfortunately trolling is what people want to hear, it gets listener figures up.

can't imagine all of the sun reading white van crew tuning in if there wasn't any 'mad bantz' any more.

lol, imagine if talksport actually spent the day talking about real facts and figures and was based around intelligent conversation about football. 

actually, imagine if ANY of our news publications / tv channels / radio stations dealt with facts and figures.

imagine a world where we had a properly informed public. almost boner-worthy. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

unfortunately trolling is what people want to hear, it gets listener figures up.

can't imagine all of the sun reading white van crew tuning in if there wasn't any 'mad bantz' any more.

lol, imagine if talksport actually spent the day talking about real facts and figures and was based around intelligent conversation about football. 

actually, imagine if ANY of our news publications / tv channels / radio stations dealt with facts and figures.

imagine a world where we had a properly informed public. almost boner-worthy. 

I find it impossible to imagine that.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

I find it impossible to imagine that.

How could a Drama Queen live in a world without Drama? That is the Question.