Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I disagree that fans were against him from the off. He started like a train, 17pts from eight games, but when he tried to change things, the wheels began to fall off.

People behind the scenes, players especially, didn't take long to suss him out.

He could've adapted but stuck with his stubborn methods and that was incredibly frustrating for everyone.

I would've been delighted if he was good for us (notwithstanding having to endure his painful interviews but that's not a major issue as a fan).

Sadly, he held us back.

As I say, a massively frustrating individual. 

Can you shed a vague light on the reason he didn’t get on with Vardy (and possibly wanted him out as mentioned above). 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

One of the few pundits who actually seems to spend his spare time analysing and watching teams, rather than forming his opinions from 5 minute of highlights and spending the rest of the week in the pub. 

Came in to say similar. He clearly 'gets' us. Understands the strengths of key players and understands Rodgers tactics play to those strengths. 

He's gone up in my estimations! 

Many use the word ‘toxic’ when describing the club under puel’s tenure

that wasn’t always the case but certainly was in the last few months of his spell here - I know that one opposition  manager used exactly that word when describing the club behind the scenes  after his post match meeting with Claude ..... we had lost btw 

36 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Can you shed a vague light on the reason he didn’t get on with Vardy (and possibly wanted him out as mentioned above). 

Possibly thought we needed to 'move on' from him which, given Vardy's form since Feb, appeared to be a spectacular own goal.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Many use the word ‘toxic’ when describing the club under puel’s tenure

that wasn’t always the case but certainly was in the last few months of his spell here - I know that one opposition  manager used exactly that word when describing the club behind the scenes  after his post match meeting with Claude ..... we had lost btw 

There were already big cracks by the end of his first season so it wasn't just the last few months.

One assistant manager told me privately they knew all about issues behind the scenes and factored that into their game plan. Goes without saying they beat us.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I disagree that fans were against him from the off. He started like a train, 17pts from eight games, but when he tried to change things, the wheels began to fall off.

People behind the scenes, players especially, didn't take long to suss him out.

He could've adapted but stuck with his stubborn methods and that was incredibly frustrating for everyone.

I would've been delighted if he was good for us (notwithstanding having to endure his painful interviews but that's not a major issue as a fan).

Sadly, he held us back.

As I say, a massively frustrating individual. 

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on that then. Immediately after he joined there was large discontent because of his ‘boring’ football with Southampton and it didn’t take long at all for fans to get on his back. He was always set up to fail here, even if he’d won the league fans still would’ve criticised him heavily.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on that then. Immediately after he joined there was large discontent because of his ‘boring’ football with Southampton and it didn’t take long at all for fans to get on his back. He was always set up to fail here, even if he’d won the league fans still would’ve criticised him heavily.

Oh come on. We'll definitely have to agree to disagree !! If he'd won the league with us I'd have been singing his praises non stop !!

• Like 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Oh come on. We'll definitely have to agree to disagree !! If he'd won the league with us I'd have been singing his praises non stop !!

That last sentence was more figure of speech than fact. You get my point. A lot of fans didn’t want Puel to succeed. 

19 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Do we really need a Puel debate part 343 in an unrelated thread about Puel? Come on, take it to a relevant one if you want to have the conversation again, please.

Don’t bring tactical preference into this :ph34r:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

That last sentence was more figure of speech than fact. You get my point. A lot of fans didn’t want Puel to succeed. 

Nah don't buy that whatsoever.

I think a lot of fans didn't think Puel would succeed and so wanted him out.

But every supporter wants what they think is best for the team. If Puel had us challenging at the top of the table you bet your arse everyone on here would have been loving it.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Nah don't buy that whatsoever.

I think a lot of fans didn't think Puel would succeed and so wanted him out.

But every supporter wants what they think is best for the team. If Puel had us challenging at the top of the table you bet your arse everyone on here would have been loving it.

I wish I hadn’t had said about winning the league because I didn’t mean for it to be taken so literally. 

And to be honest, I don’t agree. I can think of several decent wins we had under Puel where despite us winning the game quite comfortably him and the team came under fire for the style of football we were playing. (Not saying I enjoyed the football we were playing under Puel before someone else implies that).

Everyone wants LCFC to do well but Puel was personally disliked and I saw a lot of joy at the time of his failures here. I was reminded of it last week when I was watching the darts in Leicester and saw two signs. 

‘Puel is a nonce’ 

‘**** Puel-ball’. 

It seems I’m starting another Puel debate which is the last thing this forum needs but I’m shocked that so many fans have short memories at the way he was treated before he’d even had time to get settled in. For someone so boring and quiet he is an incredibly divisive figure. 

Oh I open this thread and it's about Puel! I was a big fan. His work with our academy, Hamza and Chilwell especially, was unparalleled. He was moving us, painfully, to a possession based game and wanted to develop the youth at the expense of the seniors. And he prosided over some cracking transfers, Ricardo and Tielemans especially. Some wanted him out, not just the fans but some in the club and in the media too. But since he treated the senior players, even the excellent ones like Vardy, like shit it's no wonder they wanted and tried to get him out. And this doesn't mention the fact he was rarely playing exciting football and his crowd pleasing but losing tactics towards the end of his tenure. His downfall wasn't completely unjustified and nor is the praise of his academy and transfer achievements.

• Like 2

Even a week with three matches in nine days -- including the all-time top-flight away record -- doesn’t offer enough for us to talk about?

So we pump more bullets into Puel’s corpse.

recyc.JPG.6f4c1c8e6e9cf5de986f9d82db4a0274.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 30/10/2019 at 18:15, Langston said:

I still fancy United to go for a more glamorous, continental name – it's Arsenal worrying me to be honest.

Genuine question...do you think Arsenal would look at Mourhino? I would take Brendan every day of the week personally, but I do wonder that. 

On 30/10/2019 at 20:43, cambridgefox said:

Used to like Mike Dickin,Alan “ porky” Parry,John Gaunt years back with the non sporting shows.

hillarious.

I used to like Mike despite him disliking people with tattoos! Sad of him to die in a car crash. 

I was listening to Mike when the planes hit the Twin Towers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Genuine question...do you think Arsenal would look at Mourhino? I would take Brendan every day of the week personally, but I do wonder that. 

I used to like Mike despite him disliking people with tattoos! Sad of him to die in a car crash. 

He was a grumpy sod.

” Ive had a gut full “

i still say” my health is not in question “ at work 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

Perfect fit

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Possibly thought we needed to 'move on' from him which, given Vardy's form since Feb, appeared to be a spectacular own goal.

There were already big cracks by the end of his first season so it wasn't just the last few months.

One assistant manager told me privately they knew all about issues behind the scenes and factored that into their game plan. Goes without saying they beat us.

Do we play them this weekend by any chance lol 

9 hours ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

I was listening to Mike Dicken as news of the Diana car crash started to come through. He handled it superbly as more information started to emerge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is a fascinating listen. Really gives some great context as to the culture of the club that Pearson setup as well as praising Rodgers and his staff very highly. 

The podcast mentions that now a new manager is not allowed to tear up the structure in place at the club. Seems like there is a great culture behind the scenes and the club want to protect it for as long as possible. 

• Like 4

“Everybody goes on about Tielemans.

“I’m a little bit: Urgh, really?

“I’ve not seen the Tielemans everybody else has. Give me Maddison every day.”

- Jason Cundy

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

• Haha 2