Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Its a bit like comparing apples and oranges though. we are playing a totally different style of football so it is hard to say which is the "better" side. in 15/16 we were the best there was at counter attacking and hitting teams with pace, now we have a more considered approach. The purists would say we are playing the better football now but I will reserve judgement until the end of the season. If we finish with more than 81 points then yes, we are better now.  I do think that with the squad and style now however we are more sustainable

Yep I'd agree it's not applicable to compare which team is better. However, what I think is impressive is the change in style of play - to go from being a successful counter attacking team to a successful possession based attacking team in just 4 years with a modest budget is extremely impressive. This also includes blooding many new young players and getting them to gel and perform. Many bigger teams still lack even one clear style of play, e.g. Man U and Arsenal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep I'd agree it's not applicable to compare which team is better. However, what I think is impressive is the change in style of play - to go from being a successful counter attacking team to a successful possession based attacking team in just 4 years with a modest budget is extremely impressive. This also includes blooding many new young players and getting them to gel and perform. Many bigger teams still lack even one clear style of play, e.g. Man U and Arsenal.

Hence my comment about us being far more sustainable now. yes it is a fantastic achievement in such a short space of time, especially given the circumstances under which it has come about. In reality, we are talking two years really as we had a few disasters in the transfer market after the title and lost our way a little as the squad started to age and teams sussed us out. The football under Puel was dire to watch but he did what had to be done in terms of transitioning the squad and helping bringing in some great talent, and now Rodgers is forging a style of play and getting those players to perform.  the future is bright

• Like 3

The 15-16 team were beating teams playing like the current team so theoretically could beat them. But the current team has a load more individual skills all around and could if they wanted play as well as and in the style of the 15-16 team

2 hours ago, Foxymcoxy said:

I think he was brash because they annoyed him, not anything else. Agree with the other side to him though, definitely underappreciated by non Leicester fans.

It’s a two way street though. They tried to rile him up and he give as good as he got. 

7 hours ago, Fightforever said:

What is he on about

I dont think anyone in that squad is better than our players atm bar digne really

They spent £40m on the Nigerian Demarai Gray. We spent £40m on Tielemans. They have decent players but sign too many cast offs from top 4 clubs. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

how dya like them apples 

Harvey Barnes. Everyone at WBA knows he is the real deal. Far superior to Mount, Sancho and all those others with better PR who are supposedly ahead of him. LCFC have potentially the best player in England

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I can see what's being got at but I think the 15/16 team would do the current team in a match between them.

I think the outcome of 15/16 v Now would depend heavily on which side Schmeichel and Vardy play for...  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Enjoyed that

i love the Barnes…. But????  I hope he’s right!

Harvey Barnes. Everyone at WBA knows he is the real deal. Far superior to Mount, Sancho and all those others with better PR who are supposedly ahead of him. LCFC have potentially the best player in England

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Enjoyed that

i love the Barnes…. But????  I hope he’s right!

See my post above... not author's comments 

On 01/11/2019 at 13:47, Stadt said:

It shows you how much the media fawn over Maguire when the narrative is that we're 'not any worse' or 'barely missing Maguire' because of Soyuncu. The fact is we're a better team with Cags because his pace and his front foot defending have us playing higher and defending better. Soyuncu has got the greatest potential I've ever seen in a defender for us, he's got the ability to play for anybody in the world (not quite just yet). I just hope Sky don't take it upon themselves to be try and be his f ucking agent like they did with Maguire and they're doing with Maddison.

For however good Maguire is, you are limited as to how you play with him in the team. Either you play a three or further back to countenance the lack of pace. More noticeable at the moment that we are playing further up the pitch and moving the ball quicker.

Of all our key players, Maguire was the one I was most relaxed about losing. Ricardo, Ndidi, Vardy, Maddison all harder to replace, if Soyuncu was able to step in I think we would be fine and that has proved the case.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

For however good Maguire is, you are limited as to how you play with him in the team. Either you play a three or further back to countenance the lack of pace. More noticeable at the moment that we are playing further up the pitch and moving the ball quicker.

Of all our key players, Maguire was the one I was most relaxed about losing. Ricardo, Ndidi, Vardy, Maddison all harder to replace, if Soyuncu was able to step in I think we would be fine and that has proved the case.

Definitely. I was bit surprised by how readily most on here had written him off - he looked rash very occasionally when he did play last season. Not to go all Col but I  definitely saw that he had the potential to play at a high standard. 

I think Maguire's ball playing ability is probably a little bit overrated too, Evans often progressed the ball last season but he did it with sharp passing. Maguire catches the eye because of his size and your don't expect a player like that to carry the ball but quite often he didn't actually do much with it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I did click the link, but it asks you to make an account to read past the first paragraph. 

Just thought more than most people, like myself wouldn’t have one tbf. 

Edit: My bad, just seen that’s if you use private browsing on your phone. Don’t ask :sweating:

Dirty habit... 

Checking other teams forums ;)

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I did click the link, but it asks you to make an account to read past the first paragraph. 

Just thought more than most people, like myself wouldn’t have one tbf. 

Edit: My bad, just seen that you only need to log in or make an account if you use private browsing on your phone. Don’t ask :sweating:

Not being funny... you dozy tit