Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, BlueBrett said:

If there doesn't need to be malice, excessive force, two feet or seriously egregious timing for a tackle

But for me you missed one off the list that's pretty important and that's "out of control." That's what Bertrand was and that's why it's relevant. You said yourself that he was completely off balance almost falling backwards and he's just lunging a hopeful leg out. That's exactly the problem because you can seriously hurt both yourself and others doing that. 

• Like 1

Garth Crooks' ability to analyse a game of football is shallower than the paddling pool I once shat in as a child.

It was a red card all day long. He's just jumping on any chance to have a go at Mike Dean. While I don't disagree that the latter is an attention-seeking melt, the same absolutely applies to Garth too. The call was absolutely right and that's what VAR is supposed to be for.

Bloke's stealing a living. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Overheard in my local working man's/members only club this week; about our 0-9 win...

'Just imagine what Liverpool, Spurs, Man City or Chelsea would have do them. Comfortably double figures. Salah or Aguero would have set records for individual performances'.

I took the cowardly way out and didn't get involved.

I know its been covered elsewhere on here as well, but there are surprisingly well represented clubs down here in Maidstone; some are fairly understandable, like Charlton, West Ham and Tottenham (notably moreso than Arsenal) and to a slightly lesser extent Crystal Palace and Gillingham (being London based or Kent based) and Liverpool, Manchester United and Leeds (all being big clubs having had success in Europe.)

Two that always throw me down here are the amount of Everton and Newcastle fans you run in to. (Also a lot of Wolves) Anyway, these two geniuses were discussing which of their two clubs  (Everton and Newcastle) Brendan Rodgers would rather jump in to if ever given the chance...... and if they would take him! I was staggered. The quite widely held view (agreed with by fans of almost everyone else in this discussion - we being one of only 2 disagreeing) was that either was a step up and he would go, and the discussion was moved on to which he would prefer and whether they should take him or not.

The Newcastle fan deserves special mention because other than Maddison (who apparently wouldn't get in their side above that reasonably good player they do have), they wouldn't take a single one of our players, not even Chilwell, Vardy, Tielemans etc.

The most sane football fan in there is a Plymouth fan, followed by 3 x Wolves fans and most of the Manchester United fans. 

Forgot to mention - loads of Celtic fans.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I know its been covered elsewhere on here as well, but there are surprisingly well represented clubs down here in Maidstone; some are fairly understandable, like Charlton, West Ham and Tottenham (notably moreso than Arsenal) and to a slightly lesser extent Crystal Palace and Gillingham (being London based or Kent based) and Liverpool, Manchester United and Leeds (all being big clubs having had success in Europe.)

Two that always throw me down here are the amount of Everton and Newcastle fans you run in to. (Also a lot of Wolves) Anyway, these two geniuses were discussing which of their two clubs  (Everton and Newcastle) Brendan Rodgers would rather jump in to if ever given the chance...... and if they would take him! I was staggered. The quite widely held view (agreed with by fans of almost everyone else in this discussion - we being one of only 2 disagreeing) was that either was a step up and he would go, and the discussion was moved on to which he would prefer and whether they should take him or not.

The Newcastle fan deserves special mention because other than Maddison (who apparently wouldn't get in their side above that reasonably good player they do have), they wouldn't take a single one of our players, not even Chilwell, Vardy, Tielemans etc.

The most sane football fan in there is a Plymouth fan, followed by 3 x Wolves fans and most of the Manchester United fans. 

Forgot to mention - loads of Celtic fans.

Wouldn’t take much notice. Everton/ Newcastle to Leicester City is a huge upgrade imo. There’s a reason we took Newcastle’s best player and were debating whether we wanted their manager too. 

Its pretty clear amongst football fans within this country that Brendan Rodgers wouldn’t leave us for Everton or Newcastle, just like he wouldn’t leave us for Brighton or Wolves lol

Newcastle will be a championship club come next season and Everton will finish 8th at an absolute best. 

Edited by Meat and 2 veg

Discussion  on 5 Live on 15/16 Leicester v 19/20 Leicester. They all had their opinion  except of course Chris Sutton who dragged the conversation down to his miserable boring mood. He's constantly negative.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Discussion  on 5 Live on 15/16 Leicester v 19/20 Leicester. They all had their opinion  except of course Chris Sutton who dragged the conversation down to his miserable boring mood. He's constantly negative.

Bet he said something like “never going to happen so why bother comparing the two?” 

The bloke is a predictable little arsehole - he’s absolutely ruined 606 on a Sunday night as well. 

17 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Wouldn’t take much notice. Everton/ Newcastle to Leicester City is a huge upgrade imo. There’s a reason we took Newcastle’s best player and were debating whether we wanted their manager too. 

Its pretty clear amongst football fans within this country that Brendan Rodgers wouldn’t leave us for Everton or Newcastle, just like he wouldn’t leave us for Brighton or Wolves lol

Newcastle will be a championship club come next season and Everton will finish 8th at an absolute best. 

Oh, I just enjoy it.

They've all solved Brexit too. 

Its an entertaining, enlightening experience and a real pleasure to listen to. I think they believe it all too.

£2 a pint - which is pretty smashing for this area.

On 28/10/2019 at 02:15, Mike Oxlong said:

Garth Crooks providing yet more evidence that he doesn’t know his arse from his elbow 

Crooks of the Matter

I thought at the time the sending-off Ryan Bertrand was a harsh decision but when I discovered Mike 'clever clogs' Dean was behind VAR in the Southampton versus Leicester fixture I wasn't surprised. 

Anyone who has played football at any level, and especially in the conditions both teams had to contend with, would have made allowances for the players. 

If Dean has played the game (and I rather suspect he has) then he should know what defenders have to cope with and therefore I can only assume that he wasn't a very good player. 

There wasn't one pundit in the BBC Match of the Day studio or anyone on the pitch at St Mary's who would have sent Bertrand off for the challenge on Perez. And why? Because they recognised and understood the conditions. 

Quite apart from destroying what would have been a perfectly good contest for the viewing public, he's instigated huge embarrassment to the club, its players and put a manager's career on skid row - all on a whim. You would also be very wrong to compare Newcastle's Sean Longstaff's dismissal against Wolves to Bertrand's. Longstaff was reckless. 

The long-held tradition in football that the referee's decision is final is no longer the case. Andre Marriner gave Leicester the advantage by letting play run on and they took it. To punish the Saints further with the ultimate sanction and a sending-off, as opposed to a booking, was double jeopardy and, in my view, not in the spirit of the game.

Garth I can assure you the entire country outside of Saints fans absolutely love watching them get absolutely mullered. 

With articles coming think and fast in regards to WHY our players should leave for the bright lights of the BIG 6, here is another one for the pile

(Does this need a new thread, a 3rd party sales thread.....lol)

https://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/articles/whats-ahead-for-midfield-marshal-wilfred-ndidi

I didn't think it was a red at all, he's fell over and put his leg out to block any forward movement of the ball. Was just unfortunate that Perez was running towards that position at the time. Very very harsh to be sent off for that.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I didn't think it was a red at all, he's fell over and put his leg out to block any forward movement of the ball. Was just unfortunate that Perez was running towards that position at the time. Very very harsh to be sent off for that.

Studs half way up his leg whilst on the stretch. Textbook red card

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Studs half way up his leg whilst on the stretch. Textbook red card

That's the wonderful thing about the rules of football. So much grey area that the refs haven't got a chance. They're gonna get hammered by a group of people regardless of their decisions haha.

On that reckoning, if someone clears the ball and their studs catch an opponent trying to the block the clearance then they should be sent off as well. 

14 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That's the wonderful thing about the rules of football. So much grey area that the refs haven't got a chance. They're gonna get hammered by a group of people regardless of their decisions haha.

On that reckoning, if someone clears the ball and their studs catch an opponent trying to the block the clearance then they should be sent off as well. 

That isn't what happened though. It was a poorly timed challenge, albeit maybe due to the weather conditions. Luckily he was at the end of his stretch else Perez could've been in serious trouble injury wise

If that's not a red the threshold would be way too high 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

not 100% sure if it's the same as the scenario you're trying to describe, but isn't that what vardy got sent off for against wolves last year? 

if you end up catching someone from the shin to the knee with 6 studs flying into their legs, no matter how you ended up there, you're probably in trouble. 

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm honestly baffled that anybody sees a grey area in a shin high, studs up challenge. That's been classed a straight red for decades.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I love how the media are constantly describing our players as amazing and touting them for top 6 moves, whilst simultaneously describing us as an overachieving side. It can't be both! We either have good players and are performing accordingly, or we average players that are over-performing. 

If we’re lucky, we have over-achieving players that we’ll sell to under-achieving clubs for over the odds prices. Thus  enabling us to go out  and buy more over-achieving players at under the odds prices before selling to the same under-achieving clubs that bought our average players. With luck, we should be able to purchase the UAE by 2050.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I love how the media are constantly describing our players as amazing and touting them for top 6 moves, whilst simultaneously describing us as an overachieving side. It can't be both! We either have good players and are performing accordingly, or we average players that are over-performing. 

The right players playing for the wrong club in the media's eyes.

I know people get annoyed that our players and manager constantly gets touted around to other big clubs but we should get used to it. It's a sign that we are doing well. Nobody is saying Nuno or Silva should manage Arsenal.