Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

22 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Give the guy a break he's got bills to pay. Besides I don't see him spouting that shit on here.

He's always welcome to try.:fishing: As if he doesn't have better things to do with his time.

I am not having a go at Geoff just asking a question about talksport. 

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I am not having a go at Geoff just asking a question about talksport. 

The reporters on talkSPORT (including our Geoff) tend to be good to be fair.

There's also a new wave of hosts and pundits that are very good (in my humble opinion): Laura Woods, Max Rushden, Barry Glendenning, Luke Moore and Andy Brassell spring immediately to mind.

It's people like Cundy and Goldstein that let the station down for me, but some people must like them I guess :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

There's also a new wave of hosts and pundits that are very good (in my humble opinion): Laura Woods, Max Rushden, Barry Glendenning, Luke Moore and Andy Brassell spring immediately to mind.

It's people like Cundy and Goldstein that let the station down for me, but some people must like them I guess :dunno:

It just offends me that Cundys job is to watch football and talk about it yet he can’t even do that properly. I mean comparing Maddison to Youri as a player? Wow just inexcusable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It just offends me that Cundys job is to watch football and talk about it yet he can’t even do that properly. I mean comparing Maddison to Youri as a player? Wow just inexcusable.

When Piers Morgan has the moral high ground in an argument with you, you know you're in trouble lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Used to like Mike Dickin,Alan “ porky” Parry,John Gaunt years back with the non sporting shows.

hillarious.

6 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

haha didn't realise you did work for talksport.

oh well, if you roll about in a bucket of turds you're going to come out looking and smelling like a poo, even if you're not one, I guess.

There are plenty (including among our fans) who think I'm a pile of sh*t.

And they may well be right.

Don't worry, I don't take much seriously.

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You are right, that is the correct barometer to use.

Claude said: "Mumble mumble quality mumble mentality mumble Geoff Peters is a total cock who is somehow still thieving a living mumble positivity mumble intensity mumble." 

He knows his stuff :thumbup:

Sheesh, did not imagine Puel could be so forthright and downright rude.

No wonder you didn’t like him / thought he was  a dick / could not build.a mutually beneficial working relationship.

17 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

unfortunately trolling is what people want to hear, it gets listener figures up.

can't imagine all of the sun reading white van crew tuning in if there wasn't any 'mad bantz' any more.

lol, imagine if talksport actually spent the day talking about real facts and figures and was based around intelligent conversation about football. 

actually, imagine if ANY of our news publications / tv channels / radio stations dealt with facts and figures.

imagine a world where we had a properly informed public. almost boner-worthy. 

Only if I was seriously off my face having taken something highly illegal and hallucinogenic

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Claude said: "Mumble mumble quality mumble mentality mumble Geoff Peters is a total cock who is somehow still thieving a living mumble positivity mumble intensity mumble." 

Not on your xmas card list this year then Geoff

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

At least some of what he said was true Geoff :ph34r::P

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sheesh, did not imagine Puel could be so forthright and downright rude.

No wonder you didn’t like him / thought he was  a dick / could not build.a mutually beneficial working relationship.

23 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Not on your xmas card list this year then Geoff

6 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

At least some of what he said was true Geoff :ph34r::P

I desperately wanted him to succeed, as I do with all our managers and players, but sadly he was the architect of his own downfall.

Can't begin to tell you how much the gloom lifted (in many areas) when he got his P45.

• Thanks 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I desperately wanted him to succeed, as I do with all our managers and players, but sadly he was the architect of his own downfall.

Can't begin to tell you how much the gloom lifted (in many areas) when he got his P45.

I mean... you could try :ph34r::P

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I mean... you could try :ph34r::P

Seeing people smiling, happy, less stressed etc around the place - players, coaches, club staff, press/media - like a huge weight had been lifted.

I know some fans still won't have it but jeez it was toxic and painful and depressing.

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Seeing people smiling, happy, less stressed etc around the place - players, coaches, club staff, press/media - like a huge weight had been lifted.

I know some fans still won't have it but jeez it was toxic and painful and depressing.

Plus, this fan was vindicated:

2_GettyImages-1081270150.jpg

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

One of the few pundits who actually seems to spend his spare time analysing and watching teams, rather than forming his opinions from 5 minute of highlights and spending the rest of the week in the pub. 

He’s always very good on co-comms when I’ve heard him too. When a pundit does a good job analysing a game as it’s unfolding you know they’re excellent 

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Was toxic right from the word go. Fans were against him immediately and you just always felt his sacking was inevitable. No matter how successful Puel was going to be here, he was always fighting a losing battle. Unfortunately some of the abuse towards him /the club became incredible personal and it was the right decision to let him go before the toxicity escalated any further. The whole aura of the club is much more happy and comfortable under Brendan. 

I liked Puel but like you said, some of his own decisions were his downfall. Mind-boggling, in fact some of them.