Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I know we don't want to hear it but BR would leave us mid season if an attractive job became available. The way he left Celtic shows that. We are using his talent to get us top 4/6 and he is using us to showcase his managerial talent to bigger clubs. It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Let's just enjoy his football while he is here. 

The only way you find this out is if there is a bust up with rudders over transfers 

assuming brendan gets close to  what he wants then there is no way he leaves the club mid season ......

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The only way you find this out is if there is a bust up with rudders over transfers 

assuming brendan gets close to  what he wants then there is no way he leaves the club mid season ......

I mean, there is a way, it's just very unlikely. Say Barca sack Valverde, I imagine that whilst Brodge wouldn't be their first choice if they called on him he'd leave for them.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I know we don't want to hear it but BR would leave us mid season if an attractive job became available. The way he left Celtic shows that. We are using his talent to get us top 4/6 and he is using us to showcase his managerial talent to bigger clubs. It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Celtic shows nothing and he won't leave here mid season unless the club screw him like Celtic did.

Yes he will leave when he feels he's done all he can here. Or the club decide to fire him.

Edited by SO1

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I mean, there is a way, it's just very unlikely. Say Barca sack Valverde, I imagine that whilst Brodge wouldn't be their first choice if they called on him he'd leave for them.

Why would you work for someone who was unwilling to wait for you to give proper notice, Respect is a two way street.

23 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Another ex player moaning refs don't understand the game eh?

Well the solution  is easy .

Get the ex players who are pundits out of the warm cosy studio and in the middle on a cold wet Saturday ..

See how long they last ?!

As much as I agree I would not want the cheating one sided cvnts on any pitch. Comentry is so one sided would you want them in charge of a near rival or an old enemy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Isn't that exactly what happened when Rodgers came here though?

29 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Celtic shows nothing and he won't leave here mid season unless the club screw him like Celtic did.

Yes he will leave when he feels he's done all he can here. Or the club decide to fire him.

No. Does this make it clear.

I know nothing more than anyone else does about Celtic. Just what I read and saw in the 2 1/2 yrs Rodgers was there.

4 hours ago, car1os said:

Not just that but Gary Neville’s written a piece on how BR should go to a “top 6 club” in future, not to mention all the speculation regarding our players. I’ve even seen a rumour that Arsenal want Ndidi and have been “told to pay £50M plus Xhaka”!

I think we’ve got the “big” clubs running scared. Plus, should we carry on the way we are this season, who isn’t to say we will be seen as a Top club?

He already is at a "Top 6 club", we're 3rd in the league.... can he not read?!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

I made an ill judged comment about Everton's history based on their complete lack of any achievements or relevance in my lifetime. 

Got schooled.

Shouldn't have said anything.

That goes for 99% of comments on FT Urban. 100% of mine. Crack on. I work on the basis that one day I might inadvertently post something relevant. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

He left Celtic with nothing left to achieve, in a league without challenge, or finances available to challenge in Europe. We’re in a different position all together. That’s not me saying he wouldn’t jump ship, I’m just disputing your reasoning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Spot on. Leaving the SPL is irrelevant.  BR wanted to test himself against the best Managers and they ain’t in the SPL.

4 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

People use that phrase far too often these days, along with 'horror tackle', 'shocking' and 'appalling'.

It a poor challenge, I don't think , I called it any of the above.  

I understand that the climate has changed and there is much greater emphasis on protecting players than there used to be, largely because of the amount of money in the game and the fact that players are now multi-million pound assets. That said, I can't be the only one who thinks it has gone too far?

Money is irrelevant, to many players have suffered broken legs from reckless tackles, i

Looked bad in slow motion as they always do but even just ten years ago Bertrand probably wouldn't even have been booked. Yes he caught Perez high on the leg but there was zero force or intent and it wasn't from a dangerous head on angle. As they pointed out on MOTD he was actually falling backwards away from Perez and basically just poked out his leg. In fact it was his backwards momentum that caused his foot to come up over the ball.

I'm not sure how you can state there is zero force unless you are Bertrand or Perez, also the only person who knows whether the is any intent is Bertrand himself.

The fact his is failing backward mean he is not in control of the tackle. 

By the way this is coming from someone who has had their fib and tib snapped clean in half playing football so I do understand the dangers and need for a deterrent. Like I say though, I just think it's gone too far.

For me it's a red card all day.

• Like 1

@BlueBrett

As someone whose had a leg break to football I'm surprised you can't appreciate that these red cards are handed out regardless of the outcome of the tackle but to make people more conscious to be less reckless in the first place. 

You don't wait til someone's broken a leg before you send them off. Bertrand caught Perez high on the leg with his studs and a bit more force or Perez standing with a bit more weight on that leg could have been disastrous. 

The football world is almost entirely united in saying its a red card, I'm not sure there's much ground for anyone to argue it. 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Spot on. Leaving the SPL is irrelevant.  BR wanted to test himself against the best Managers and they ain’t in the SPL.

And don’t expect brendan to say anything concrete other than ‘i have a contract and have no intention of breaking it’ - after all, like everyone else he would like a pay rise !!  

14 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Crooks of the Matter

Anyone who has played football at any level, and especially in the conditions both teams had to contend with, would have made allowances for the players. 

Surely its the other way around. Knowing the conditions, the players should've been the ones making allowances.

If the game was being played on an ice-rink you wouldn't say that a challenge which snaps someone's leg is OK because the conditions made it tricky to tackle safely. You'd instruct the players beforehand that tackling in the normal way is unacceptable.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xen said:

Surely its the other way around. Knowing the conditions, the players should've been the ones making allowances.

If the game was being played on an ice-rink you wouldn't say that a challenge which snaps someone's leg is OK because the conditions made it tricky to tackle safely. You'd instruct the players beforehand that tackling in the normal way is unacceptable.

Exactly, just like driving or any other activity where you need to adjust for the conditions.

Guest BlueBrett
1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

It a poor challenge, I don't think , I called it any of the above.  

Money is irrelevant, to many players have suffered broken legs from reckless tackles, i

I'm not sure how you can state there is zero force unless you are Bertrand or Perez, also the only person who knows whether the is any intent is Bertrand himself.

The fact his is failing backward mean he is not in control of the tackle. 

For me it's a red card all day.

Leg breaker was the phrase of yours I was referring to. 

Obviously I didn't mean literally zero force but he clearly didn't go through him, there was barely any follow through at all. You're correct to imagine that I can't read minds but I do have eyes and it didn't look malicious in the slightest to me.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

@BlueBrett

As someone whose had a leg break to football I'm surprised you can't appreciate that these red cards are handed out regardless of the outcome of the tackle but to make people more conscious to be less reckless in the first place. 

You don't wait til someone's broken a leg before you send them off. Bertrand caught Perez high on the leg with his studs and a bit more force or Perez standing with a bit more weight on that leg could have been disastrous. 

The football world is almost entirely united in saying its a red card, I'm not sure there's much ground for anyone to argue it. 

Yeh I'm not saying it should be outcome dependent and I do appreciate that the safety of the players is rightly the number one priority for refs. Not even suggesting it wasn't a red, clearly was in the current climate. Mine is more of a general gripe that it feels like the threshold for categorizing a challenge as dreadful or whatever has already fallen so far and seems likely to keep moving in the same direction. If there doesn't need to be malice, excessive force, two feet or seriously egregious timing for a tackle to be worth a red then it almost seems like we aren't too far from outlawing slide tackles altogether - probably not within the actual rule book but in a kind of de facto way due to the ever increasing risk of being sent off and potentially throwing the game for getting one slightly wrong.

It's tough to get the balance exactly right I suppose and obviously it does make sense to err on the side of caution, I do get it. Just find myself thinking 'hmmm, bit harsh' quite a lot these days.