Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

51 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Jason Cundy - One letter from the truth.

Does he even watch a match in full? So much of what Tielemans does people don't even see.

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is a fascinating listen. Really gives some great context as to the culture of the club that Pearson setup as well as praising Rodgers and his staff very highly. 

The podcast mentions that now a new manager is not allowed to tear up the structure in place at the club. Seems like there is a great culture behind the scenes and the club want to protect it for as long as possible. 

Only just had a chance to listen myself - very much worth it. Plenty of interesting stuff about what is planned for the training ground.

I'm so ****ing excited about our future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Only just had a chance to listen myself - very much worth it. Plenty of interesting stuff about what is planned for the training ground.

I'm so ****ing excited about our future.

I think we all know the club is very well run, but hearing it straight from the Horses mouth so to speak just confirms it. Some things I found interesting were:

- They deliberately look to hire people with new ways of thinking at a rate of one per season. Hence the head of analytics joining the club this season.

- The new head of analytics is already making quite a big impact and many are excited to see what comes out of it.

- Really bigs up Pearson and Dave Rennie who is our Head of Physiotherapy. Said Pearson made a culture where new ideas are listened to and actively discussed and this is something that goes all the way up to the owners in terms of the way the club is run. 

- They are already expecting a big shake-up in the way things are done in a few years based on emerging technology and are thinking about ways to use it creatively. E.g. Virtual Reality for players to see their position on the pitch at any point in time.

Fascinating stuff!

• Thanks 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11847573/premier-league-grades-10-games-in-every-club-rated-so-far

Leicester: A

There was cautious optimism in the summer given the impact that Brendan Rodgers had made in the spring but that has made way for full-blown excitement given Leicester's early season form. The Foxes are third in the Premier League and they deserve to be there. No team has a better defensive record. Only Manchester City have outscored them.

Jamie Vardy has been in extraordinary form ever since Rodgers took over and the team's young midfield continues to impress. At the back, the loss of Harry Maguire has barely been felt at all thanks to the assured performances of Caglar Soyuncu who has been a revelation. Leicester are flying and the recent 9-0 win over Southampton was the culmination of that.

That result will be difficult to top but they are capable of sustaining this. Rodgers' side have already played five of last season's top seven so, in theory at least, a more winnable run of games awaits them. Only Liverpool and Manchester City have picked up more points over the past eight months so this is no flare up - Leicester will be looking to keep this run going.

Adam Bate

Only Liverpool got a higher grade with an A+

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

964619763_Screenshot2019-11-01at11_38_06.thumb.png.cc8465f3efccdba8be9e7e3361399e4e.png

Can you imagine being seen as the "lesser" of two clubs, two clubs from the same city, and then watching as a similar "lesser" team from a city (Manchester) with two top level clubs in it, do exactly as you wish your club would do. All this after being the lesser club for ****s knows how long, only to see this "bigger" club emerge from its own lean spell into a european giant again?

Surprised the blue side of Merseyside has not yet declared martial law.

They seem to get by imagining they are in some way a fallen giant, rather than just fallen.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Gary Neville:

If you look at what he achieved at Liverpool, then at Celtic, and what he is now doing at Leicester, we always talk about foreign coaches having philosophies and values and Rodgers improves teams, plays good football and he is quite innovative.

He does seem to be a great coach in terms of the players enjoying working with him and I'm asking the question now of why he wouldn't be seen as one of the next big coaches of one of the big clubs.

You look at Manchester City appointing Pep Guardiola, you probably won't see Rodgers' name linked with that job because people will be thinking of someone else, but why not?

Look at what he's done in terms of the football he plays, the improvement he has on players and working with them on the pitch.

People will say he hasn't won that much silverware in England but the reality is, people speak about Mauricio Pochettino really highly but he hasn't won silverware in England either - although I know he got to a Champions League final last season.

Ultimately, from Brendan Rodgers' point of view, if he gets into the top four this season, he has to be looking at the very top jobs in English football.

So if we're in the Champions League next season having finished 4th or higher, and have a squad full of exciting young players and one of the best strikers around, with more money to invest - we still wouldn't been seen as one of the top jobs in English Football!? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Been saying it for years - the lifespan of an average manager is 3 years or less - there's nothing wrong with changing manager per se - so long as the broader strategy and philosophy of the club as a whole is not changed. 

So many clubs, when looking for a new boss apply to managers and willing tear up or change their set up to accommodate them. It should be the other way around. You determine your strategy and philosophy and hire managers that fit that - if you do it right, you can change your manager every few years and not experience any meaningful disruption. 

Absolutely the correct way of going about things. This is why the likes of a Mourinho would never be any good for us. Yes a manager/head coach has to have a certain amount of freedom in respect of team matters but not to the extent that it goes against the philosophy of the organisation. This is why recruitment is so important, and not just in terms of the playing staff but throughout the club. Getting in people who are not just talented but who "get" the project and have the right attitude. Our senior management have shown the way, and it is a model that obviously works. A football club is no different to any other business or workplace. if people are respected and made to feel included then they will perform much better. There is much truth in the adage "you can do enough for a good boss" . Compare the love that comes out of our club compared to what is happening at Newcastle.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thing I loved the most. was him saying that when Rodgers came, with 4 of his own staff, they integrated, they didn`t take over. 

Very encouraging, and I fancy this is a condition imposed by Top, Susan and Rudders :thumbup:

• Thanks 2

Dare I say it we do seem a very contented proud lot of bunnies with our team and club at the moment don’t we ?

i think we all need to be patient with our players ( Soyuncu ) is a prime example. Perez, Barnes others and let the internal workings of the club do what they are good at without instant criticism ( Rudkin ) Being a fan for 55 years these truly are halcyon days in the history of our great club. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Gary Neville:

So if we're in the Champions League next season having finished 4th or higher, and have a squad full of exciting young players and one of the best strikers around, with more money to invest - we still wouldn't been seen as one of the top jobs in English Football!? 

The media really needs to understand the majority of football fans in the country couldn’t care less about the “top 6”, they mention them at every possible moment in a way that is disrespectful to every other club. If we qualify for the champions league, we ARE one of the top jobs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

This is something that the rest of the footballing world didn’t see. Our Pearson was completely different to the one that the media saw. 

He was brash with the media purely to keep eyes on him and keep them away from the club. Brilliant management. 

I think he was brash because they annoyed him, not anything else. Agree with the other side to him though, definitely underappreciated by non Leicester fans.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

The media really needs to understand the majority of football fans in the country couldn’t care less about the “top 6”, they mention them at every possible moment in a way that is disrespectful to every other club. If we qualify for the champions league, we ARE one of the top jobs

Yes but they are not addressing these comments and articles to the majority of football fans in this country. They are aimed at all the plastics who simply "support" whoever is flavour of the month and the legions of foreigners who they sell subscriptions to all over the world who's view of the premier league is guided by what they are fed on the TV channels that they control/sell the rights to.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Yes but they are not addressing these comments and articles to the majority of football fans in this country. They are aimed at all the plastics who simply "support" whoever is flavour of the month and the legions of foreigners who they sell subscriptions to all over the world who's view of the premier league is guided by what they are fed on the TV channels that they control/sell the rights to.

Sad, but undeniably true. :(

56 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It shows you how much the media fawn over Maguire when the narrative is that we're 'not any worse' or 'barely missing Maguire' because of Soyuncu. The fact is we're a better team with Cags because his pace and his front foot defending have us playing higher and defending better. Soyuncu has got the greatest potential I've ever seen in a defender for us, he's got the ability to play for anybody in the world (not quite just yet). I just hope Sky don't take it upon themselves to be try and be his f ucking agent like they did with Maguire and they're doing with Maddison.

Helps that he's not English tbf. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

964619763_Screenshot2019-11-01at11_38_06.thumb.png.cc8465f3efccdba8be9e7e3361399e4e.png

In fairness they do have a good squad. Difficult to say whether it's better/worse than any of the sides mentioned because they're not playing to their potential.

Pickford

Sidibe Mina Keane Digne

Gbamin Gomes

Iwobi Sigurdsson Bernard

Richarlison

That's a top 7 starting XI imo.

So long as that clown is their manager they don't worry me, but when they sack him and get a competent man in charge then they'll definitely challenge that "big 6" like we are.

• Haha 1

Loving all of these Leicester articles on the big sites recently! Long may it continue! :scarf:

Leicester City: Are Rodgers' side better than Ranieri's title winners?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50225585

This comparison specifically is quite incredible:
_109454439_comparison.png

Can you think of a mid table team that has managed to change their style of play so successfully in such a short space of time? Everyone at the club deserves massive praise IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Loving all of these Leicester articles on the big sites recently! Long may it continue! :scarf:

Leicester City: Are Rodgers' side better than Ranieri's title winners?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50225585

This comparison specifically is quite incredible:
_109454439_comparison.png

Can you think of a mid table team that has managed to change their style of play so successfully in such a short space of time? Everyone at the club deserves massive praise IMO.

Its a bit like comparing apples and oranges though. we are playing a totally different style of football so it is hard to say which is the "better" side. in 15/16 we were the best there was at counter attacking and hitting teams with pace, now we have a more considered approach. The purists would say we are playing the better football now but I will reserve judgement until the end of the season. If we finish with more than 81 points then yes, we are better now.  I do think that with the squad and style now however we are more sustainable

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 1