Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Theres a bloke on Sunday Supplement who called the Bertrand red an "appalling" decision by the ref. Weird. I get if you think it was "harsh" or "unlucky" but to call it appalling is bizarre. It looked worse on slow motion, true, but it was still a dangerous tackle.

Just trying to be edgy and different a la Adrian Durham. 

Literally every single fan and former professional has called it a blatant red. One of the least controversial of the season. Nobody argued. 

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

Theres a bloke on Sunday Supplement who called the Bertrand red an "appalling" decision by the ref. Weird. I get if you think it was "harsh" or "unlucky" but to call it appalling is bizarre. It looked worse on slow motion, true, but it was still a dangerous tackle.

Wtf who said that?

54 minutes ago, Koke said:

The guy who tried to say it wasn't red because there was no force in the tackle, unbelievable.

That's tackle on another day with a element of bad luck is a leg breaker.

If it had been on Kane or Sterling they would be saying something totally different.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 hours ago, GlenParvaFox said:

The short answer to that is, no. The question wouldn't even be asked if the likes of Man City and Liverpool had done it; They'd be drooling out their mouths and down below, over every goal.

Apparently Man City WERE called disrespectful after their 8-0 v Watford

Couldn’t give a toss really. You beat the teams in front of you, and you beat them hard if possible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Its wasn't the refs decision..  Mike dean on the var told him it was red.  Discount everything this guys says

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

This is an American sports thing. They have a concept called "running up the score" which is essentially piling on the points / goals when the game is already a "blow out."

It's considered a faux pas.

Personally think going in to cruise mode to patronise the opponent is actually a lot more disrespectful but hey ho the yanks are weird. 

The US is funny like that - since they're so competitive/exploitative socially, they feel the need for extra fairness and balance in sport - especially team sport. 

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Even the home fans gasped when it was shown on the big screen - says it all really

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Its wasn't the refs decision..  Mike dean on the var told him it was red.  Discount everything this guys says

VAR and the ref both got this absolutely right imo. The ref obviously saw the tackle as he was close by but was watching the move unfold and correctly played advantage as we finished the move with a goal. VAR intervened, as they should where a possible straight red offence has occurred and decided that it was clear and obvious, which the ref then agreed with on viewing the screen.

i also think that this is the way it should be done by showing the incident on the screen in this way everyone in the ground can see exactly what is being discussed between the ref and VAR officials.

• Like 3

I think the biggest slice of irony is the poster who says the following (or paraphrased). 

‘We have this every year. Someone banging on about a club being better than us and being the best of the rest. This year it’s Leicester. Last year it was Wolves. Before that it was Watford’ 

Thats the ****ing point mate. It’s not Everton challenging. It’s Everton being mediocre again and another club surpassing them

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

please let’s not be as weird as other clubs supporters ....... Everton have a proud and successful history ..... possibly the best club in Europe mid eighties ....... they are only a couple of decent windows and a better manager away from being us .......

I would agree but they have been dining out on that notion for a decade now. They're shit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

please let’s not be as weird as other clubs supporters ....... Everton have a proud and successful history ..... possibly the best club in Europe mid eighties ....... they are only a couple of decent windows and a better manager away from being us .......

Let’s not forget that side was robbed of further European success post ban.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Corky said:

We'd love their history. Everton have won a serious amount of trophies in their time, plus 116 seasons in the top flight. I wouldn't swap current places but they are an historic club.

When I first started supporting the City in 62/63, Everton were a top side and for the next twenty years of so, won about half dozen trophies. But apart from the 90's cup win, the last 25 years or so have been a tale of mediocrity and no real ambition, but to stay in the league.

Everton fans under the age of 30 have had absolutely nothing to cheer, no sustained success or excitement and I actually do feel sorry for them. Must be awful knowing that you are going to experience another nothing season. Can you ever see them emerging from the shadow of Liverpool?

Everton have a great history, but this is now the 21st Century and 20 years in, they have done nothing and it's hard to see that changing anytime soon, particularly with so many stronger clubs in the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoyJones said:

When I first started supporting the City in 62/63, Everton were a top side and for the next twenty years of so, won about half dozen trophies. But apart from the 90's cup win, the last 25 years or so have been a tale of mediocrity and no real ambition, but to stay in the league.

Everton fans under the age of 30 have had absolutely nothing to cheer, no sustained success or excitement and I actually do feel sorry for them. Must be awful knowing that you are going to experience another nothing season. Can you ever see them emerging from the shadow of Liverpool?

Everton have a great history, but this is now the 21st Century and 20 years in, they have done nothing and it's hard to see that changing anytime soon, particularly with so many stronger clubs in the league. 

They’re 6th in the all time Prem table.3rd in the all time top flight one.Its only a decade ago that they were seriously annoying the top 5.Ok it was dour Moyes type football.Their biggest problem seems to be that since the eighties they haven’t had an out and out striker.

Edited by Heathrow fox
Spelling