Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Guest Markyblue

I think walsh done a good job here but he thought he had out grown us unfortunately for him the opposite has resulted.

Edited by Markyblue

25 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

After Moyes they got in Martinez. After that disaster they brought in Koeman and ruined him, then hired Allardyce to steady the ship. Making good choices at board level isn't Everton's forté. 

They're so stuck in the 80's though. Allardyce??? Progressive! 

They over promoted him to DoF, he's been an a scout for almost his whole career. That interview is a bit self-congratulatory but the players Everton bought in were decent enough (bar Klaasen) but didn't really fit in with how they played.

1 July 2017 CB Netherlands Nathangelo Markelo Volendam Undisclosed [3]
1 July 2017 AM Netherlands Davy Klaassen Ajax £23,600,000 [4]
1 July 2017 LW Nigeria Henry Onyekuru Eupen £6,800,000 [5]
1 July 2017 GK England Jordan Pickford Sunderland £25,000,000 [6]
3 July 2017 CB England Michael Keane Burnley £25,000,000 [7]
3 July 2017 ST Spain Sandro Ramírez Málaga CF £5,200,000 [8]
5 July 2017 FW France Boris Mathis Metz Free [9]
7 July 2017 RW England Josh Bowler Queens Park Rangers £1,500,000 [10]
9 July 2017 FW England Wayne Rooney Manchester United Free [11]
17 July 2017 RB Curaçao Cuco Martina Southampton Free [12]
27 July 2017 CB England Lewis Gibson Newcastle United Undisclosed [13]
16 August 2017 AM Iceland Gylfi Sigurðsson Swansea City £40,000,000 [14]
31 August 2017 CM England Dennis Adeniran Fulham Undisclosed [15]
31 August 2017 AM Croatia Nikola Vlašić Hajduk Split Undisclosed [16]
5 January 2018 FW Turkey Cenk Tosun Beşiktaş £27,500,000 [17]
17 January 2018 RW England Theo Walcott Arsenal £20,000,000

[18]

Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson and Walcott all start now. Rooney was a decent enough signing for the time and it's only Tosun that's been a total flop. Their recruitment has been swine wank since as well so it's not all down to Walsh. Koeman completely shat his kecks and they had David Unsworth and Allardyce manning too so any recruitment looks poor when you have clowns like they do at the helm.

We've had 2 objectively bad summer windows since we've been promoted because we have our house in order, they don't.

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They over promoted him to DoF, he's been an a scout for almost his whole career. That interview is a bit self-congratulatory but the players Everton bought in were decent enough (bar Klaasen) but didn't really fit in with how they played.

[18]

Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson and Walcott all start now. Rooney was a decent enough signing for the time and it's only Tosun that's been a total flop. Their recruitment has been swine wank since as well so it's not all down to Walsh. Koeman completely shat his kecks and they had David Unsworth and Allardyce manning too so any recruitment looks poor when you have clowns like they do at the helm.

We've had 2 objectively bad summer windows since we've been promoted because we have our house in order, they don't.

That's why I said their board isn't good. Also their mentality as a club is still stuck in that 80's shit house Howard Kendall times. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

[18]

Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson and Walcott starting doesn't necessarily mean they were good signings though - they might just have nobody better at the moment, and their current plight suggests they aren't much cop. Keane isn't rated by their fans whatsoever and whilst Sigurdsson and Walcott (in particular the former) should be more than handy players for a side at Everton's level, the fees dished out are daft. Gylfi is proven but was approaching 30, and surely Arsenal would have been pleased to have Walcott off their books to free up some room, let alone being given 20 million quid for the privilege? 

I think Tosun for the best part of 30 million represents worse value than Slimani.

Walsh was sensational here and it's impossible to determine who had the final say on transfers at Everton, they clearly see him as a scapegoat, but his time there was from, I don't think it can be reflected as anything but.

12 minutes ago, Langston said:

Pickford, Keane, Sigurdsson and Walcott starting doesn't necessarily mean they were good signings though - they might just have nobody better at the moment, and their current plight suggests they aren't much cop. Keane isn't rated by their fans whatsoever and whilst Sigurdsson and Walcott (in particular the former) should be more than handy players for a side at Everton's level, the fees dished out are daft. Gylfi is proven but was approaching 30, and surely Arsenal would have been pleased to have Walcott off their books to free up some room, let alone being given 20 million quid for the privilege? 

I think Tosun for the best part of 30 million represents worse value than Slimani.

Walsh was sensational here and it's impossible to determine who had the final say on transfers at Everton, they clearly see him as a scapegoat, but his time there was from, I don't think it can be reflected as anything but.

I agree, especially about the fees but considering they made shit signings before and have made shit signings since, attributing the blame to Walsh is convenient for them

• Like 2

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Having looked though the relevant thread on the certain forum, there is little time for SW and they generally don’t believe what he’s said to tanner 

To be fair, do they ever? Football forums are notorius for looking for scapegoats based on questionable evidence. :ph34r:

Edited by SO1

12 minutes ago, SO1 said:

To be fair, do they ever? Football forums are notorius for looking for scapegoats based on questionable evidence. :ph34r:

It's funny, I sometimes catch myself doing this with zero cognitive dissonance whatsoever. Like "this shitty piece of evidence doesn't fit my narrative so fck it, but THIS one does so I choose to believe it." It doesn't bother me at all whenever I'm selfaware enough to realise... This says a lot about our society.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

image.jpeg.5d63704e0366e7937f38b008307f84c3.jpeg

Sorry to have bruised your precious ego:worship:. But my eyes have witnessed to much "Truth" in the 10 or so years of reading football forums.

That and the Liverpool/Everton Love Fest that I witnessed for three years.

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

I think walsh done a good job here but he thought he had out grown us unfortunately for him the opposite has resulted.

Have to weigh in the possibility that he could see the problems that would come with Ranieri in his second season, and didn't want to be a part of it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Sorry to have bruised your precious ego:worship:. But my eyes have witnessed to much "Truth" in the 10 or so years of reading football forums.

That and the Liverpool/Everton Love Fest that I witnessed for three years.

Fear not, my flippancy knows no bounds :D

15 minutes ago, Yes said:

Haven’t heard that one before.

What they fail to realise is that half of those may well be gone by the end of the season, and the rest are quite frankly a bit sh*t. In fact one or two of them fall in both camps.

They should brace themselves for incoming bids from us for Son and I would take Moura as a back up to Vards. :fishing: